• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Facebook files - post the lies

Agnotology

NES Member
Got this gem from my mother, a woman who knows nothing about guns and refuses to touch them.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1566258522752.jpg
    FB_IMG_1566258522752.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 278
Got this gem from my mother, a woman who knows nothing about guns and refuses to touch them.

That about perfectly sums up Facebook as a whole especially people with political opinions. Everyone is an expert at everything, especially virtue signaling.

Not a day goes by that I miss leaving that trash heap. I remember the outrage over the US leaving the Paris Climate Accords or whatever it was called and posting some smart ass comment along the lines of... "Never knew I was friends with so many climate experts...impressive". Predictably that sent my Facebook connections off into crazy land.

85736506.jpg

That's a great example of something that is both factual and a damn lie.

MA does have the lowest gun death rate. What they don't have, is anywhere near the lowest murder rate, or lowest gun murder rate.

I notice they didn't compare DC, which is far more restrictive than MA.

Funny how there still seems to be shootings in Dorchester, Roxbury, and Mattapan every weekend...They gun owners involved must have skipped the classes on gun safety that day.

Why would conservative people who are proponents of the second amendment have anything to do with Facebook?
Never used it, never will.
Because it’s a great way to talk about the things you’re in favor of and normalize guns. If gun people didn’t use Facebook we already would have lost a lot more.

Anti gunners have always been decent at using social media, gun owners are playing catch up but starting to get there.

Facebook is for a laugh. Nothing more. I have a standing rule in life. Aside from acting, sports or music I never listen to or take advice from actors athletes or musicians.They live in a fantasy world for a living. I have now added people on Facebook to that list. They are insane. I keep it around to mess with the liberals online.

Facebook is analogous to telephone polling.

My mother was rather upset when she heard this being reported on the Dickwitness News:
TMI: Nearly half of Americans don’t change underwear daily, new survey says

I said, "Well, for one thing the 'informal poll' was conducted by an underwear manufacturer (surely out to sell more underwear). But not only that, what have I said about polls? Doubtless the same kind of people who don't change their underwear are the kind who have time to answer phone calls from numbers they don't know."

They also like to post on Facebook.

Back
Top Bottom