• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The end to Open Carry ---- LD 380

I wonder if this may lead to the end of my hunting trips to Maine?? I'd hate to scare the locals in Jackman.

Not sure how quick they work. This is in no doubt the response to the idiot that just had to walk around town with an AR strapped to his back. Oh yea it was a couple of weeks after Newtown.

This sucks. My land is in Maine and open is the only way I can legally carry. And I do. Out in the woods with no one for miles, you need a gun.

I would say that this would exempt a reaction from a libtard "... includes to display a
dangerous or deadly weapon in a public place in a way that causes a reasonable person to
suffer intimidation or alarm." [rolleyes]

"in a way that causes a reasonable person to suffer intimidation or alarm"

Good thing this disqualifies democrats from reporting it. ***lol Amazon beat me to it***

On your own land you can do whatever the **** you want. No worries.

QUOTE=Prepper;3044379]This sucks. My land is in Maine and open is the only way I can legally carry. And I do. Out in the woods with no one for miles, you need a gun.[/QUOTE]

Good but I also walk along the logging roads that border my land and walk through neighbor land. Not that they would mind... Everyone is carrying something when I actually see someone.

While we should all be writting out reps, I think this stands little chance of passing. But of course, we need to respond.

While we should all be writting out reps, I think this stands little chance of passing. But of course, we need to respond.

This is so true. Even thought the chances are slim they need to hear from us. Sitting there doing nothing on our parts thinking that our elected officials will do what we think is right is the wrong attitude to have. If they are going to vote the way the people want they need to hear from the people. If they don't then we know how to vote next time!!

B. Wear under the person's clothes or conceal about the person's person a firearm, slungshot, knuckles, bowie knife, dirk, stiletto or other dangerous or deadly weapon usually employed in the attack on or defense of a person.

That last phrase is pretty disturbing! What, your legistraitors want to make sure that they give muggers & rapists a fair chance?

welp, if this does pass, I think I'll move out of the state I love.
Not worth the hassle, as I open carry quite a bit and I can imagine having the PD called on me for just going out to my workbench to clean one of my rifles or my CCW piece. Heck the way that's written if someone wanted to f*** with you all they have to do is call & say they were intimidated by you coming out of the woods with your hunting rifle.

Back
Top Bottom