The end of an era, Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot will hold one more event in October.

It was that crowded because it was the last one. Like the crowds the Hilltop saw before it closed . . . and what Kowloon is seeing now too

Just on my way back from the Creek now. Awesome show. Most amount of MG action I’ve seem there. I think they did an awesome job considering the more than double anticipated turnout. Hopefully the extra interest changes their minds

Thought about going,......then thought about it again......and said naaahhh.

Reports say the place was P A C K E D ! along with miles of backed up traffic, hours of waiting in lines, place was woefully unprepared for the crowd......sad really, they've had five decades to improve things and did very little.

Lots of people turned around and went home, not even getting within a few of miles of the place.

Though I'm 2 hours away, I'm glad I stayed home.

I’m probably equidistant to knob creek as you are and it was still worth it for me. As mentioned, I had never been before, so it wasn’t really a choice but to catch the last one.

The lines were long, but it really wasn’t so bad...everything LOOKED worse than it actually was. Lines moved fast(ish) and I got inside pretty quick even though I showed up around 2pm.

I made the mistake of waiting for everybody to leave and got my van stuck in the mud up to my motor with no one else around. I drove right into a ditch I didn’t even see!

Lucky for me there were still a couple of guys riding around on 4 wheelers and they helped pull me out.

I drove up the road a little bit and just passed out til morning and then drove to Mammoth Cave National Park. Cave tours sold out until Tuesday, so I grabbed the last available campsite and am exploring the park today and tomorrow.

I’ll head a little East from here and check out some real estate while I’m in the area and then head back up through Lexington on my way to Indy.

It is beautiful here.

Last edited:
Thought about going,......then thought about it again......and said naaahhh.

Reports say the place was P A C K E D ! along with miles of backed up traffic, hours of waiting in lines, place was woefully unprepared for the crowd......sad really, they've had five decades to improve things and did very little.

Lots of people turned around and went home, not even getting within a few of miles of the place.

And all your hard work to change things has done what exactly? Keyboard Commander?

And all your hard work to change things has done what exactly? Keyboard Commander?
Well, he's got you there @Uzi2.
5q1y2x.jpg

WTF? What is that supposed to mean? I don't own the place.

I've been there a half dozen times over the years, spring and fall, rain and shine. I live just a couple of hours away. It's kind of old news to me at this point.....and other than epic crowds ( to be expected when "last call" is announced ahead of time ), everythings the same.

What difference would my presence have made this weekend?.....one more vehicle in the lot?😆

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom