The end of an era, Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot will hold one more event in October.

So do you think none of the big vendors/machine gunner are not going to
Rent the range to continue this event?
Is there more to it than “we” are not running it anymore because we been doing it 50 years, Has the cost vs profit margin tanked over the years. Sad
Hopefully someone will pick up the reins and run the event

I read it But I didn’t see the reason why they’re not having it anymore.

The Green Mountain boys club is always a really cool event but I didn’t go up after the state changed its laws even though it doesn’t specifically apply to anything I’m doing. Also it was like $750 for 9 feet of line space. And a lot of other expenses like the membership/travel..

Their participation numbers have been way down. I hope they don’t end up closing down. I’m not even sure where you can go to witness one of these events anymore

The Green Mountain boys club is always a really cool event but I didn’t go up after the state changed its laws even though it doesn’t specifically apply to anything I’m doing. Also it was like $750 for 9 feet of line space. And a lot of other expenses like the membership/travel..

Their participation numbers have been way down. I hope they don’t end up closing down. I’m not even sure where you can go to witness one of these events anymore

I wonder if the current cost and availability of ammo played a factor.
Feeding those hungry full-autos for a weekend can get really expensive, really fast.
What I find ironic is, unlike all other calibers, the cost of .50 BMG has remained steady at around $3.00 per round throughout the pandemic.
Who ever imagined that .50 BMG rounds would end up being a bargain.

I’m not saying it was cheap but I went to these events and reloaded myself after casting/Copper plating my own bullets.

It was pretty cheap,only cost nine cents a round….I really miss dumping 5000 rounds in the afternoon. It probably took about 80 hours to manufacture it though. And five minutes to shoot it all.

I must have 40 grand worth of equipment it’s just doing nothing and probably rusting

The one thing I need to do is soak all Mike casting molds and oil if they’re not already trashed. They’re probably OK

this is a f***ing shame and just an indicator how gun culture changes for the worst. That flag must be flown. These old timers are not passing the freedom to their kids.

The shoot also had a fair amount of cannons, which I doubt have another place to shoot at.

this is a f***ing shame and just an indicator how gun culture changes for the worst. That flag must be flown. These old timers are not passing the freedom to their kids.

The shoot also had a fair amount of cannons, which I doubt have another place to shoot at.

My favorite thing about the Green Mountain boys shoot is the artillery and tanks. They attach a bunch of balloons to this mesh hit it with grape shot…I just thought it was genius a target that is weightless…..

Knob creek and the Green Mountain boys are great places where you could go and rent guns but none of it can even hold a candle to the northeast shooters event. You ain’t got a pay rent to shoot there. And the only thing I’ve ever seen rent it was flamethrowers that you had to pay for.

The green mountain boy, they got tanks,they got flamethrowers it’s worth watching. the tracer fire at night was awesome. It’s the only real night shoot I’ve ever attended at an actual event

My favorite part of the Knob Creek is the vendor tables. I first went in 2000 and I was amazed at the quality and quantity of the vendor items. I guess it had tamed down a bit by 2000 but their were lots of stories about many of the vendors being mercs and other bad ass operators. It was an experience for sure.

Been thinking about it since we moved to FreeMerica, covfeffe kinda put a damper on it. But if it's the last one... Gonna start calling hotels soon😁

Try Golden Manor in Muldraugh KY. It’s about as close as you can get. They cater to the shoot. I’ll buy you a beer at their bar

I attended lots of the shoots held at a sand pit in Stratford Hollow, NH. years back. They were put on by Dan Shea and the gang. Before that they had them in New Boston, NH. at a sand pit. They would put dynamite on the cars. One time the dynamite got behind the bumper of a car, got hit, and the bumper flew up range and over the crowd. Anyone remember that? Jack.

I’ve had the pleasure to attend three times and it was an insane amount of fun. Lots of shooting, drinking and story telling. If you’ve ever wanted to attend Knob Creek, 2021 is your last chance.

What? He is stopping that due to "old age" but the range will continue to operate?

Something is missing here. What is really going on?

Otherwise, just hire someone to run it, I am sure plenty of people would volunteer.

Big Sandy is the other huge shoot.

My guess is someone at Knob Creek is sick of herding cats.

I've notice participation is down across the board in many areas on things I used to do.
This started well before wu flu.

You could name events from church to bike week. participation is way down.

Even organizations such as scouts or other clubs that are beneficial to society are way down in numbers and members.

I guess i have to look at myself., so many different things to do.

Party at my house. I live about 2.5 hours north and will be going for sure.

If anyone wants to fly into Indy and drive down, we can take the Vanagon! Bring your own camping gear and we can all stay the weekend.

Party at my house. I live about 2.5 hours north and will be going for sure.

If anyone wants to fly into Indy and drive down, we can take the Vanagon! Bring your own camping gear and we can all stay the weekend.
Lady Radtekk and I will almost definitely be going. Only thing that will stop us is, well, nothing:D I have a reservation at a hotel about 20 minutes away.

I'm too old and fat to camp, but if anybody wants to and needs a tent or camp stove or similar, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thought about going,......then thought about it again......and said naaahhh.

Reports say the place was P A C K E D ! along with miles of backed up traffic, hours of waiting in lines, place was woefully unprepared for the crowd......sad really, they've had five decades to improve things and did very little.

Lots of people turned around and went home, not even getting within a few of miles of the place.

Though I'm 2 hours away, I'm glad I stayed home.

Back
Top Bottom