• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The election comes down to this.

NTMFSA. Seriously. Haven't we done this enough times already?

Hey guys, I got pulled over while carrying and here's a cute picture of a cat! Is my gun approved in MA?

Oh and Gary Johnson. I am never voting D or R again.

We're not voting for the lesser of two evil. You have two choices and they're both the same guy. At this point this cannot be fixed in short order, we are already down the rabbit hole too far now...I'm just waiting to come out on the other side. Politics, economics, crime, international policy, constitutional rights??? Far too complicated for 90% of the American populace, their solution is to Vote and their voice will be heard. They have faith in the political and legal system in same vein as terminal cancer patients do in taking home remedies. They need something to hold on to, to believe in, so they can sleep at night and hope for a better tomorrow. All the while blind to what is directly in front of them.

I will be voting for Gary Johnson knowing full well that he will not take even 1% of the popular vote, knowing full well that it will accomplish nothing of any immediate value - but with hopes that it will plant a seed that may take 100+ years to sprout. I have to vote because if I don't then I am effectively giving my right away for nothing, but I will not use my right to vote for someone who will continue to trample on what made this country great in the first place.

The .gov makes laws and takes away/restricts rights to protect the .gov, not you or me.

Outside of MA, especially NH:

Like guns? Vote Romney.
When the next SC Justice needs to be replaced, if Obama is re-elected, think Heller stands a chance of holding up?
Complain all you want about Romney, but at the end of the day, I'll take his Justices over Obama's.

In MA and want to vote GJ? Fine... whatever. Irrelevant anyways.

This!

300-MichelleObama-101712-jpg_170824.jpg

1193825645_1.jpg

We're not voting for the lesser of two evil. You have two choices and they're both the same guy. At this point this cannot be fixed in short order, we are already down the rabbit hole too far now...I'm just waiting to come out on the other side. Politics, economics, crime, international policy, constitutional rights??? Far too complicated for 90% of the American populace, their solution is to Vote and their voice will be heard. They have faith in the political and legal system in same vein as terminal cancer patients do in taking home remedies. They need something to hold on to, to believe in, so they can sleep at night and hope for a better tomorrow. All the while blind to what is directly in front of them.

I will be voting for Gary Johnson knowing full well that he will not take even 1% of the popular vote, knowing full well that it will accomplish nothing of any immediate value - but with hopes that it will plant a seed that may take 100+ years to sprout. I have to vote because if I don't then I am effectively giving my right away for nothing, but I will not use my right to vote for someone who will continue to trample on what made this country great in the first place.

The .gov makes laws and takes away/restricts rights to protect the .gov, not you or me.

your throwing away your vote now, so why even vote???

- - - Updated - - -

so you'll continue to knowingly vote against the constitution hoping that something else will come along? weird.

one question, why do you bother voting??

your throwing away your vote now, so why even vote???
one question, why do you bother voting??
Because, those who lack the courage of their convictions to vote for the man or woman they know to be the better choice for fear of voting for a loser will only be convinced by the actions of those who have sufficient courage to vote their conscience without concern for the approval or agreement of those around them.

Lead, follow or get out of the way. [wink]

Gary Johnson.

I have to point out that you seem to be ignoring electability in your selection. Have you considered electability? Mitt's got it. He's very electable. And assuming you could be counted on to vote for Mitt (you can, can't you?) then voting for this "alternative" candidate will cost Mitt one vote and therefore help elect Obama (it works like this: you have a vote, and if you vote for somebody other than the electable candidate then you take that vote away; that's -1 vote for the electable candidate, which might get him not elected. You see this, right?). So, anyway, maybe just consider not voting for a yucky non-electable candidate and choose electability. Just this time. This is important. Obama is bad. The electable candidate is not what we really want, but we picked him for his electability. It's VERY FRUSTRATING when people fail to consider this electability when voting. Oh, and have you heard of the supreme court? If not, we need to talk. Thanks, OK.

I have to point out that you seem to be ignoring electability in your selection. Have you considered electability? Mitt's got it. He's very electable. And assuming you could be counted on to vote for Mitt (you can, can't you?) then voting for this "alternative" candidate will cost Mitt one vote and therefore help elect Obama (it works like this: you have a vote, and if you vote for somebody other than the electable candidate then you take that vote away; that's -1 vote for the electable candidate, which might get him not elected. You see this, right?). So, anyway, maybe just consider not voting for a yucky non-electable candidate and choose electability. Just this time. This is important. Obama is bad. The electable candidate is not what we really want, but we picked him for his electability. It's VERY FRUSTRATING when people fail to consider this electability when voting. Oh, and have you heard of the supreme court? If not, we need to talk. Thanks, OK.
You mean, like from the toilet?

Both of those are from the same party. If gov controlling every aspect of your life is what you want, vote for either. Doesn't really much matter. If only given those choices, I'd be more inclined to vote for the BO, since we would get to that cliff sooner, and maybe I could take the pain instead of my kids.

I don't support this woman, but the fact that Jill Stein was arrested trying to get into the debate last night should say everything you need to know. Shockingly, this was not on the news this morning.
http://rt.com/usa/news/police-jill-stein-debate-589/

Gary Johnson.

The candidates claim that the Commission on Presidential Debates is an unfair entity formed by Democratic and Republican leaders designed to exclude any opposition.

Probably the only thing I've ever heard a Green Party candidate say that I completely agree with.

Go put the dunce cap on, sit on the stool facing the corner, and think through the ramifications of your proposal.

At least my vote would matter, and I was thinking that a third party might actually have a chance against R or D. Not to mention if we went by popular vote vs electorate, I then think you as a voyer should meet specific qualifications... IE vet, taxpaying land owner....I guess people we ho have skin in the game...

At least my vote would matter, and I was thinking that a third party might actually have a chance against R or D. Not to mention if we went by popular vote vs electorate, I then think you as a voyer should meet specific qualifications... IE vet, taxpaying land owner....I guess people we ho have skin in the game...

You don't think our current elections are already too much of a popularity contest?

Just look at the debate, all topics are about extra-constitutional issues, mostly around wealth distribution. It seems to me the popular stooge will always be the guy willing to put a gun to someone's head to take their stuff and give it to someone else.

Whether that redistribution is called social security, a defense contract, or 0bama phones. Any way you slice it it violates property rights and will be the ultimate demise of this one great idea called America.

I think that the popularity contest will just get worse when state like idaho has virtually no say against the dregs of the earth in DC, NYC, Chicago and LA.

Google: constitutional republic vs. democracy

Then tell us if you still think this is a good idea.

No at the risk of being completely neg repped flamed and hunted down by an angry bearded mob... Im completely agaisnt the current system or that half the people even get to vote. The electoral system works,.swmi dont agree with winner take all bs... But it makes sense. People are to selfish and idiotic to agree on what is right for the whole of the country. I think that a vet has a better idea of what will be good for the country as opposed to my chubby ass who cares only about my guns and the price of gas. Basically i want the fate.of our country in the hands of those that have and are willing to put the country before themselves.

Sorry im on my phone.

No at the risk of being completely neg repped flamed and hunted down by an angry bearded mob... Im completely agaisnt the current system or that half the people even get to vote. The electoral system works,.swmi dont agree with winner take all bs... But it makes sense. People are to selfish and idiotic to agree on what is right for the whole of the country. I think that a vet has a better idea of what will be good for the country as opposed to my chubby ass who cares only about my guns and the price of gas. Basically i want the fate.of our country in the hands of those that have and are willing to put the country before themselves.

Sorry im on my phone.

so you want a military oligarchy now? interesting.

are you going to wear your beta male sweater vest around so that the real big boy vet types can just look at you and brush you aside in day to day life?

come on guy.

so you want a military oligarchy now? interesting.

are you going to wear your beta male sweater vest around so that the real big boy vet types can just look at you and brush you aside in day to day life?

come on guy.

Using vets as an exampl was a bad idea, what I am saying is that the people who make the decisions should have some skin in the game and some brains to back it up... And i look horrible in a.sweater vest.

Outside of MA, especially NH:

Like guns? Vote Romney.
When the next SC Justice needs to be replaced, if Obama is re-elected, think Heller stands a chance of holding up?
Complain all you want about Romney, but at the end of the day, I'll take his Justices over Obama's.

In MA and want to vote GJ? Fine... whatever. Irrelevant anyways.

Media states "Romney flatly said that the judge that he longed to have on the current [supreme] court is Robert Bork"

From WIki page "Although an opponent of gun control, Bork has denounced what he calls the "NRA view" of the Second Amendment, something he describes as the "belief that the constitution guarantees a right to Teflon-coated bullets." Instead, he has argued that the Second Amendment merely guarantees a right to participate in a government militia.

By contrast, Robert Bork dismisses the Second Amendment as a useless relic of bygone days. In his 1996 book Slouching Towards Gomorrah he writes that, "The Supreme Court has consistently ruled that there is no individual right to own a firearm" — a statement which is demonstrably untrue. Bork also writes:
"The Second Amendment was designed to allow states to defend themselves against a possibly tyrannical national government. Now that the federal government has stealth bombers and nuclear weapons, it is hard to imagine what people would need to keep in the garage to serve that purpose.''

Carry on.

No neg reps from me. We can disagree; it's not a big deal. I won't accuse you of being irrational or unreasonable because you think differently. [wink]

Ill be the first to admit im a bit off(fascist ;)jk). One of my favorite courses in highschool 2.0 (college) was political ideology, when we began to study fascism i found myself agreeing with a point Mussolini made. People are inherently evil and will not make decisions with the good of the state in mind... Its an extreme view and I agreed mostly to piss off all the hippies in my class. Im a libertarian I want the government out of my life, but people are evil so we still need a little bit of control. Does that make sense?

Makes sense, but that control should lie with the people, not government. After all, government is made up of the very evil people that were referenced. The differenced being, most of them are sociopaths more driven by the hunger for power and control than the average citizen. And the good of the state isn't my concern, the good of my family and neighbors is.

Hence that term limits should be as long as we deem acceptable, I think politicians would behave if they knew we could kick them out at any time.

Back
Top Bottom