The election comes down to this.

Both of those are from the same party. If gov controlling every aspect of your life is what you want, vote for either. Doesn't really much matter. If only given those choices, I'd be more inclined to vote for the BO, since we would get to that cliff sooner, and maybe I could take the pain instead of my kids.

I don't support this woman, but the fact that Jill Stein was arrested trying to get into the debate last night should say everything you need to know. Shockingly, this was not on the news this morning.
http://rt.com/usa/news/police-jill-stein-debate-589/

Gary Johnson.

I don't support this woman, but the fact that Jill Stein was arrested trying to get into the debate last night should say everything you need to know. Shockingly, this was not on the news this morning.
http://rt.com/usa/news/police-jill-stein-debate-589/

+1

She's clearly demostrated that our electoral process is just one hair short of being a banana republic oligarchy.

To all those of you who think voting matters.......never ****ing mind

Outside of MA, especially NH:

Like guns? Vote Romney.
When the next SC Justice needs to be replaced, if Obama is re-elected, think Heller stands a chance of holding up?
Complain all you want about Romney, but at the end of the day, I'll take his Justices over Obama's.

In MA and want to vote GJ? Fine... whatever. Irrelevant anyways.

+1

She's clearly demostrated that our electoral process is just one hair short of being a banana republic oligarchy.

To all those of you who think voting matters.......never ****ing mind

This is the greatest joke that no one gets! Your vote doesn't matter at all! Or Bush wouldnt have had second term(correct me if wrong I thought he lost the popualr vote). I think we should scrap the electoral college and only let people who served in the military, business owners amd taxpayers vote. Would you really want the important decisions of this country to be decided by 18 year Olds amd that obama phone lady....

This is the greatest joke that no one gets! Your vote doesn't matter at all! Or Bush wouldnt have had second term(correct me if wrong I thought he lost the popualr vote). I think we should scrap the electoral college and only let people who served in the military, business owners amd taxpayers vote. Would you really want the important decisions of this country to be decided by 18 year Olds amd that obama phone lady....

Popular vote in 2004

Bush: 62,040,610
Kerry: 59,028,444

The Romney/Ryan ticket is just as, if not more, progressive than Bush/Cheney. How did Roberts pan out?

- - - Updated - - -

On Heller? Just fine, thank you. I take it you'd prefer whomever Kerry would have put in instead? Another Kagan or Sotomayor perhaps?
You're like the guy who shoots his friend to stop the bear from eating him, rather than shooting the bear.

Ugh. Like a flaming bag of $^% on my front door, there is no way to respond other than to acknowledge that it is a flaming bag of $#% and I'm just going to not step in it.
Bad call.

While it makes me want to say "a pox on both of their houses," I just don't see where that gets anyone. The Lyndon Larouche guys are still outside the Concord post office every couple of weeks, getting people to sign their petitions, but how is he doing these days?

Ugh. Like a flaming bag of $^% on my front door, there is no way to respond other than to acknowledge that it is a flaming bag of $#% and I'm just going to not step in it.
Bad call.

the supreme court blew that decision so bad this summer, its just about impossible to defend it. it was the "conservative" justices that took one giant leap towards a police state. thats bad. its lose-lose. to say one side of SCOTUS is better than the other right now is pretty hard. Sure, we can keep our guns under a conservative SCOTUS, but we can also have insane decisions like Florence vs freeholders along with it. Its garbage.

the supreme court blew that decision so bad this summer, its just about impossible to defend it. it was the "conservative" justices that took one giant leap towards a police state. thats bad. its lose-lose. to say one side of SCOTUS is better than the other right now is pretty hard. Sure, we can keep our guns under a conservative SCOTUS, but we can also have insane decisions like Florence vs freeholders along with it. Its garbage.

+1. The biggest lie about the republicans is that they support freedom. They don't. When it comes to civil liberties, apart from guns, republicans are a disaster. More important to me than anything else in politics is getting government out of my life -- maximum freedom, minimal taxation, minimal regulation. And I honestly can't say which, Obama or Romney, is the preferred candidate overall for my tastes. Both are terrible. That we can differentiate them does not make either a preferable choice. Regardless of the winner, I hope for political dysfunction and gridlock. And that seems more likely with Obama than Romney.

+1. The biggest lie about the republicans is that they support freedom. They don't. When it comes to civil liberties, apart from guns, republicans are a disaster. More important to me than anything else in politics is getting government out of my life -- maximum freedom, minimal taxation, minimal regulation. And I honestly can't say which, Obama or Romney, is the preferred candidate overall for my tastes. Both are terrible. That we can differentiate them does not make either a preferable choice. Regardless of the winner, I hope for political dysfunction and gridlock. And that seems more likely with Obama than Romney.
WRT tax policy, it will be a little easier to see which is worse after the ObamaCare taxes (most of which have little to do with healthcare) kick in.

They are truly horrific. There is a reason they were delayed until after term I and the fact that people would let a president get away with that is stunning (yet not surprising at all).

That said, I agree on the general issue that both parties are toxic to liberty at this point.

WRT tax policy, it will be a little easier to see which is worse after the ObamaCare taxes (most of which have little to do with healthcare) kick in.

They are truly horrific. There is a reason they were delayed until after term I and the fact that people would let a president get away with that is stunning (yet not surprising at all).

That said, I agree on the general issue that both parties are toxic to liberty at this point.

I agree on taxes (at least in the short term). I watched the silly debate last night and was wondering why Romney never hits this point: if the ****ing Obamacare system is so great and good for the economy, then why was implementation delayed until after the election?

On liberty, the dems favor civil liberties (apart from guns) more than republicans, so the short-term tradeoff is between money and freedom -- as usual, and the broader trend of government is decline in both long-term.

All I have to say is...

IBTL

And I mean that in this thread but also in terms of the election. In before anyone wants to take away our rights

"Dems favoring civil liberties more than republicans." You can't be serious?

Try buying a 16.1oz soda in NYC.

Try not getting strip searched on any arrest, or not having your property seized for commercial use, or not getting labeled a "terrorist" and carried off to a foreign prison. We could do this all day.

Yes we could. Both sides are terrble on the 4th and 5th and 6th and 7th ammendments through support/extending the patriot act, keeping Guantanamo, etc.

But one side is clearly worse in fighting to suppress second amendment, first amendment through Internet/radio censorship bills, 10th by weaking power of state govt, 14th by amnesty programs .....and so on and so forth.

I'll keep voting R until real conservatives appear.

I can promise you I didn't vote r/r in the primary. But given our current situation not much of a choice.

Not like my vote will make much impact in MA anyways

I can promise you I didn't vote r/r in the primary. But given our current situation not much of a choice.

Not like my vote will make much impact in MA anyways

so your vote doesnt matter, but you still vote for the party that you agree violates the constitution? if you dont think your vote matters, why not vote for who you really want to be president? 3rd party? write in?

Back
Top Bottom