• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Edge Lab up and running

Is there restrictions on knives you can sell to Mass residents ?
Yes, unfortunetly. I can sell assisted opening knives. Not OTF or automatics.

MGL CH 269 S12
Section 12. Whoever manufactures or causes to be manufactured, or sells or exposes for sale, an instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as a dirk knife, a switch knife or any knife having an automatic spring release device by which the blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches or a device or case which enables a knife with a locking blade to be drawn at a locked position, any ballistic knife, or any knife with a detachable blade capable of being propelled by any mechanism, slung shot, sling shot, bean blower, sword cane, pistol cane, bludgeon, blackjack, nunchaku, zoobow, also known as klackers or kung fu sticks, or any similar weapon consisting of two sticks of wood, plastic or metal connected at one end by a length of rope, chain, wire or leather, a shuriken or any similar pointed starlike object intended to injure a person when thrown, or a manrikigusari or similar length of chain having weighted ends; or metallic knuckles or knuckles of any other substance which could be put to the same use and with the same or similar effect as metallic knuckles, shall be punished by a fine of not less than fifty nor more than one thousand dollars or by imprisonment for not more than six months; provided, however, that sling shots may be manufactured and sold to clubs or associations conducting sporting events where such sling shots are used.

Last edited:
Do you have an online listing of any inventory and prices?

All that talk in the other thread of a mini bugout has me wanting one.
I do not yet, definitely a priority and should be done this month. Also as of right now I do not carry Benchamde. They are not accepting dealers until next year. Which I plan to be one.

Yes, unfortunetly. Even though one can own these listed below I cannot sell them. The Leek linked has A/O, Assited Opening.

MGL CH 269 S12
Section 12. Whoever manufactures or causes to be manufactured, or sells or exposes for sale, an instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as a dirk knife, a switch knife or any knife having an automatic spring release device by which the blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches or a device or case which enables a knife with a locking blade to be drawn at a locked position, any ballistic knife, or any knife with a detachable blade capable of being propelled by any mechanism, slung shot, sling shot, bean blower, sword cane, pistol cane, bludgeon, blackjack, nunchaku, zoobow, also known as klackers or kung fu sticks, or any similar weapon consisting of two sticks of wood, plastic or metal connected at one end by a length of rope, chain, wire or leather, a shuriken or any similar pointed starlike object intended to injure a person when thrown, or a manrikigusari or similar length of chain having weighted ends; or metallic knuckles or knuckles of any other substance which could be put to the same use and with the same or similar effect as metallic knuckles, shall be punished by a fine of not less than fifty nor more than one thousand dollars or by imprisonment for not more than six months; provided, however, that sling shots may be manufactured and sold to clubs or associations conducting sporting events where such sling shots are used.

That's too bad, I spend too much money on OTF's and autos and would rather give money locally. They are fidget spinners for me lol

You can buy assisted openers from Walmart in Massachusetts. Unless the law has changed recently.
Interesting...I'm researching it now. If you read the law it looks like because it says "spring release device by which the blade is released from the handle"... that sounds like a No...but an assisted opening knife doesn't really work that way.

Obviously your call, but I think you might be interpreting that too cautiously. That seems to cover autos, but assisted open appears fine.

Every retailer I've encountered that won't ship automatics will ship AOs.

IIRC automatics are completely legal in MA if kept in the home. They are not legal to carry.

IIRC automatics are completely legal in MA if kept in the home. They are not legal to carry.
Unforunately.. I don't think I would even carry an auto, I prefer the simplicty of a really smooth flipper.. Auto's are just fidget spinners for me.

I have bought a couple autos here in MA, the store just kept them in a case for LEO/FF/EMT etc only :)

Not many if ANY knife stores here in MA.. I really like ZT so I will probably go to the shop and buy yet ANOTHER knife I don't need..

What's really funny/ironic is I can deploy a flipper just as fast as any OTF, yet one is illegal to carry and the other isn't.. Also don't leave out the fact I can legally carry a loaded weapon, but a knife with a spring in it is bad lol

Last edited:
You can buy assisted openers from Walmart in Massachusetts. Unless the law has changed recently.
I got clarification… I can sell assisted opening knives. Not OTF or automatics. I’m editing my post above to reflect this.

Thanks to those above who pointed it out. My next order includes many A/O knives. Very much appreciated!!!

Last edited:
You can keep all sorts of shit at home that you can't carry. But we're talking about manufacture/sales. Two different sections of the same MGL chapter.

While we're on the topic, I'm not a fan of automatics or AOs anyways. 🤣

Obviously your call, but I think you might be interpreting that too cautiously. That seems to cover autos, but assisted open appears fine.

Every retailer I've encountered that won't ship automatics will ship AOs.
It’s the interstate commerce clause that restricted shipping of automatic knives.

Possession and carry are different.

It’s the interstate commerce clause that restricted shipping of automatic knives.

Possession and carry are different.
And just like mass, if you are military, LEO or a first responder you can have them shipped to you home. If not. No automatic knife for you

hey op, you ever seen one of them balistic knife?( the one where you can shoot the blade out from the handle). or one of those knife where they have a .22 gun build into the knife handle. it be nice to have em at shop

Met a few NES’ers today who stopped in to buy a few knives and get some old workhorses sharpened up. Appreciate the business!

Back
Top Bottom