The Economy going Forward

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Absolutely! :)

What he didn't do was take this shit seriously and order CDC and FDA to get their shit together and be prepared. Trump said that "We have 15 cases now and in a few days, it will be close to zero". I mean...come on, dude! He is the CEO and the buck stops with him on this. Are the hospitals to blame for not having sufficient stock on hand for PPE? Absolutely!

But the FDA and CDC completely screwed the pooch on this and ultimately, Trump is the guy in charge. You can't tell me that people wouldn't be blaming Obama for failing to act if he were in office right now? lol
CDC stands for center for disease control, no? This is a disease, do they really need to be told to prepare by the President?

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The 2008 thing was just a bunch of retards that were enabled into buying more houses than they could afford between a combination of unscrupulous lenders and a bunch of stupid government regs that enabled the whole thing. That was just one big sector. This shit on the other hand covers a ton of sectors. The worst part of which is if some of these employers die, those jobs aren't going to come back .... at least not immediately/directly.

-Mike
Right, the point is that this can't be compared 1:1 to the 2008 crisis, which is the most recent analogue.

I think Trump's best strategy is to get those checks flowing. $1200 once isn't going to cut it.
If Dems agree, he can take credit for it and steal their thunder.
If they oppose him, it's easy to claim that they are trying to block him from helping the people.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Agree. Not sure why the Rs were fighting the Ds on transparency how how the bail out money was going to be spent? I mean...didn't anyone learn ANYTHING from 2008? Effing AIG gives huge bonuses to their execs and Congress doesn't do shit about it. Airlines were bailed out in 2002 and none paid it back. In fact, they used the money to eventually do stock buy backs eliminating cash on hand. Now they come to the .gov again complaining that they are cash strapped. Bail out the cruse industry???? F*CK THAT! That industry is not even critical to ANYTHING.

Meanwhile, the pleabs making $75K or less will get $1200 / adult and $500 / kid on a one time deal.

I work in the IT field. My company is making out like bandits because we are one of the larger VPN providers. People are beating down our doors to buy our gear so their users can work from home. Our support call volume has literally doubled in March. We took more cases in one week than we did in the entire month prior. Crazy.

This whole mess is a wake up call for so many industries. Healthcare, IT, .gov, etc.

But I just LOVE how Trump isn't taking any blame for this. This happened on his watch and he needs to own it and fix it. This will seriously damage his chances of winning a second term unless he handles this shit better.
You really are insane. How the fvck can you place blame on DJT?

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0

What he didn't do was take this shit seriously and order CDC and FDA to get their shit together and be prepared. Trump said that "We have 15 cases now and in a few days, it will be close to zero". I mean...come on, dude! He is the CEO and the buck stops with him on this. Are the hospitals to blame for not having sufficient stock on hand for PPE? Absolutely!

But the FDA and CDC completely screwed the pooch on this and ultimately, Trump is the guy in charge. You can't tell me that people wouldn't be blaming Obama for failing to act if he were in office right now? lol
I think it's irrational to "blame the president" as frankly a lot of this stuff was out of his hands, about the only rational thing he could have done which would have possibly made a huge difference was blocking international flights at the beginning of january. He would have taken serious shit for that though, and if this had turned into trash-burger, he would have ate the
big one for it. Trump didn't do it. Obama wouldn't have done it, etc.

Also to some degree this bullshit is beyond the control of big.gov, especially the feds. People need to abandon much of this shit brained mentality that "the mothership will take care of everything" well guess what, it's proven over and over again that it doesn't. Decisions about this type of crap need to be more local/regional and less federal. FEMA should only be
ever showing up to hand some state level EMA org some cash aid to do what it needs to do, etc.

Every time FEMA CDC whoever f***s something up nobody wants to examine the thing that would best fix the problem, which would be to try to get them out of the business as much as
possible.

-Mike

GomerPile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What I meant by that is that the fed is buying all kinds of distressed assets. Rather than letting the bond holders take a loss the fed buys them. This will destroy the dollar.
In a time of crisis, money flows towards safety. That safety has traditionally been U.S. Treasury Bills -- which will increase the value of the dollar, not decrease it.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it's irrational to "blame the president" as frankly a lot of this stuff was out of his hands, about the only rational thing he could have done which would have possibly made a huge difference was blocking international flights at the beginning of january. He would have taken serious shit for that though, and if this had turned into trash-burger, he would have ate the
big one for it. Trump didn't do it. Obama wouldn't have done it, etc.

Also to some degree this bullshit is beyond the control of big.gov, especially the feds. People need to abandon much of this shit brained mentality that "the mothership will take care of everything" well guess what, it's proven over and over again that it doesn't. Decisions about this type of crap need to be more local/regional and less federal. FEMA should only be
ever showing up to hand some state level EMA org some cash aid to do what it needs to do, etc.

Every time FEMA CDC whoever f***s something up nobody wants to examine the thing that would best fix the problem, which would be to try to get them out of the business as much as
possible.

-Mike
Mike, I agree. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in how a D and R are treated. The simple fact that Trump is actually trying to blame this on the previous administration is even more hilarious. Because I seem to remember shit tons of people on this board yelling that you can't blame shit on the previous guy when Obama was blaming Pres. Shrub for the 2008 crash. Either the pres owns the executive branch or he doesn't. He is the boss.

Reactions: bfm

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Right, the point is that this can't be compared 1:1 to the 2008 crisis, which is the most recent analogue.

I think Trump's best strategy is to get those checks flowing. $1200 once isn't going to cut it.
If Dems agree, he can take credit for it and steal their thunder.
If they oppose him, it's easy to claim that they are trying to block him from helping the people.
The dems will claim something wrong/bad with any of his actions no matter what or how fast or slow that he does anything........because they can't help but politicize everything. Next, they'll claim that there's some type of racial disparity
between what people or what businesses get loans or checks. It's a never ending story with them.

I'm wondering who the first democrat will be to utter the words " President Trump raised the national debt by X trillion dollars." You mark my words that is coming.......and it was a dem congress that wrote the pork laden bill.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The dems will claim something wrong/bad with any of his actions no matter what or how fast or slow that he does anything........because they can't help but politicize everything. Next, they'll claim that there's some type of racial disparity
between what people or what businesses get loans or checks. It's a never ending story with them.

I'm wondering who the first democrat will be to utter the words " President Trump raised the national debt by X trillion dollars." You mark my words that is coming.......and it was a dem congress that wrote the pork laden bill.
No one listens to them anymore about Trump, they've cried wolf 1000 times too many.

bfm

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
CDC stands for center for disease control, no? This is a disease, do they really need to be told to prepare by the President?
That is their job, but they do come under Health and Human Services, which is a cabinet level department reporting to the President.

And if this president says "everything is fine, don't worry about it." And a Department head says, "actually, that is wrong, we need to act and act now!" What has happened to everyone who disagreed with the president and reports to him would happen to them. So is it really a surprise they kept their mouths shut and followed the president's lead?

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That is their job, but they do come under Health and Human Services, which is a cabinet level department reporting to the President.

And if this president says "everything is fine, don't worry about it." And a Department head says, "actually, that is wrong, we need to act and act now!" What has happened to everyone who disagreed with the president and reports to him would happen to them. So is it really a surprise they kept their mouths shut and followed the president's lead?
It's the government, most of the people are incompetent and have no backbone, unless they're harrassing private industry. I have very low expectations.

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree. Not sure why the Rs were fighting the Ds on transparency how how the bail out money was going to be spent? I mean...didn't anyone learn ANYTHING from 2008? Effing AIG gives huge bonuses to their execs and Congress doesn't do shit about it. Airlines were bailed out in 2002 and none paid it back. In fact, they used the money to eventually do stock buy backs eliminating cash on hand. Now they come to the .gov again complaining that they are cash strapped. Bail out the cruse industry???? F*CK THAT! That industry is not even critical to ANYTHING.

Meanwhile, the pleabs making $75K or less will get $1200 / adult and $500 / kid on a one time deal.

I work in the IT field. My company is making out like bandits because we are one of the larger VPN providers. People are beating down our doors to buy our gear so their users can work from home. Our support call volume has literally doubled in March. We took more cases in one week than we did in the entire month prior. Crazy.

This whole mess is a wake up call for so many industries. Healthcare, IT, .gov, etc.

But I just LOVE how Trump isn't taking any blame for this. This happened on his watch and he needs to own it and fix it. This will seriously damage his chances of winning a second term unless he handles this shit better.
So Trump forced Andrew Cumhole to take a pass on buying 16 thousand ventilators back in 2015 in favor of giving some shame solar company 513 million dollars who promptly went tits up ?
So Trump personally told hospital administrators to cheap it out and only leave their front line people a weeks supply of PPE ?
So Trump forced the Governors of every state to short stock strategic emergency supplies ? I mean lord knows the concept of pandemic is only a few weeks old.
Damn, what a godlike creature. I had no idea he could do all that stuff .

Or is it you just feel that no state should do shit about preparing and then sit back and wait for Uncle Sugar to ride to the rescue ?

Our Hospital pencil pushers f*cked up and our state governments f*cked up , end of story.
The Fed isn't Mommy and Daddy and the last thing we would want is for them to be.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My thinking on this:

1) Flyover states will slowly get back to work by mid April. That population is too small to generate much economic activity.
2) The .gov will probably spend $5-8T to keep shit together for the summer
3) The federal reserve is pretty much the buyer of all debt for some time to come. This will weaken the US Dollar, gold prices will rise as a result.
4) By summer most places will be slowly returning to work and economic activity will slowly rise.
5) Many small businesses will fail but the ones left might do very well for a short time.
6) In October we will see CV spike again and there will be another round of closings, and any economic gains will be be moderated.
7) The .gov will have to fund another round of helicopter money, and buy more assets from failing businesses.
8) The dollar will weaken more....

Digital crypto dollar will soon be a reality.
I agree that the 'flyover' states will be more resilient, but many of them are not that far off of MA. If anything, besides Mass New England isn't exactly kicking GDP ass:

The one thing that simply amazes me is that Mass is a relatively tiny state in terms of geography and it is the #1 state per capita for GDP. So why are the tax rates so high and where the hell does all the money go? Oh yeah, must be that stellar infrastructure we have.

Anyway, the manufacturing friendly states will probably bounce back OK and states like Mass probably won't be hit that hard. Anyone think healthcare, universities, and bio tech are going to tank long term?

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So Trump forced Andrew Cumhole to take a pass on buying 16 thousand ventilators back in 2015 in favor of giving some shame solar company 513 million dollars who promptly went tits up ?
So Trump personally told hospital administrators to cheap it out and only leave their front line people a weeks supply of PPE ?
So Trump forced the Governors of every state to short stock strategic emergency supplies ? I mean lord knows the concept of pandemic is only a few weeks old.
Damn, what a godlike creature. I had no idea he could do all that stuff .

Or is it you just feel that no state should do shit about preparing and then sit back and wait for Uncle Sugar to ride to the rescue ?

Our Hospital pencil pushers f*cked up and our state governments f*cked up , end of story.
The Fed isn't Mommy and Daddy and the last thing we would want is for them to be.
Proving once again it's incompetent government that's the biggest threat.

This thing is gonna leave the US government looking like the dumbest kid in the room.

omega42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Very few people would because the leftist media would be making excuses. After eight years of it you didn't learn that?

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The one thing that simply amazes me is that Mass is a relatively tiny state in terms of geography and it is the #1 state per capita for GDP. So why are the tax rates so high and where the hell does all the money go? Oh yeah, must be that stellar infrastructure we have.
This is hard to believe but if you look at the pew taxation per capita index MA is not even top 10 worst in the US. I think it was like
28th or something. Not saying its "great" but its pretty much in the middle of the pack. NH is like 49th none of the other states around here come close.

The reason MA sucks so bad is because every 5 minutes theres some statist authoritarian f***head trying to pass some stupid
f***ing law, and then another group of commies right behind them trying to f*** us up the ass with more taxes to try to bring us
into the top 10... most of the moonbat states tend to compete to see who can f*** their citizens up the ass the
worst. NJ and NY fight for the top with taxation, making MA look "nice" comparatively.

-Mike

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
6) In October we will see CV spike again and there will be another round of closings, and any economic gains will be be moderated.
IMHO if they shut everything down again people are going to go apeshit. I am betting the 2nd time is more like "f*** it, wear a
mask" depending on the outbreak etc. I don't think think this country can handle a double rape in one year.

-Mike

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I agree that the 'flyover' states will be more resilient, but many of them are not that far off of MA. If anything, besides Mass New England isn't exactly kicking GDP ass:

Anyway, the manufacturing friendly states will probably bounce back OK and states like Mass probably won't be hit that hard. Anyone think healthcare, universities, and bio tech are going to tank long term?
Lol Vermont is last. I guess maple syrup and teddy bears ain’t all it’s cracked up to be...

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
the FDA and CDC completely screwed the pooch on this and ultimately, Trump is the guy in charge. You can't tell me that people wouldn't be blaming Obama for failing to act if he were in office right now? lol
Sure people would be blaming Obama for it, but the press would squash the story, cover it up and lie about it.
There would be no mass panic, no shutdowns, no massive stock market dive, or rush to buy toilet paper.
Under Obamas watch, one thousand Americans died of of swine flu before he even declared an emergency.
So tell me again which president was asleep at the switch ???

So, is the left now going to try to claim he profitted from this when people re elect him for handling the situation like a true leader?
Watch for that to be the first claim/accusation made by the left......bank on it.
That's a given and a constant.

The chinese can take over without firing a shot.

It was a manufactured germ warfare release.

The chinese would gladly sacrifice a few million people to get ahead of us.
That's been my thinking too.
The Chinese hate Trump because he won't bend over for them like the last several presidents have done.
Their economy has been sinking for some years now, and only gotten worse since DJT took office.
They're getting desperate and they're taking desperate actions.
I think their plan is to take down the worlds economies and hope they'll be the ones left on top when the dust settles.
If they can make Trump lose reelection too, that'll be a bonus.
To the ChiComs, losing 100 million of their own people isn't a big deal if that's what it takes to achieve their goal.

Proving once again it's incompetent government that's the biggest threat.
That's always been the case. Consistency you can count on. [angry]

Last edited:

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This is hard to believe but if you look at the pew taxation per capita index MA is not even top 10 worst in the US. I think it was like
28th or something. Not saying its "great" but its pretty much in the middle of the pack. NH is like 49th none of the other states around here come close.

The reason MA sucks so bad is because every 5 minutes theres some statist authoritarian f***head trying to pass some stupid
f***ing law, and then another group of commies right behind them trying to f*** us up the ass with more taxes to try to bring us
into the top 10... most of the moonbat states tend to compete to see who can f*** their citizens up the ass the
worst. NJ and NY fight for the top with taxation, making MA look "nice" comparatively.

-Mike
Yeah, Mass is more in the middle for total tax burden. No I'm not going commie just commenting that if you drop out the bottom there is healthcare available here, so at least there are some benefits to the high taxes. I like to bitch about the taxes but still the services we get still have a LOT of room for improvement- infrastructure being one.

Top Bottom