• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Donald is on it

I have nothing against Donald Trump, but I always sort of cringe whenever he speaks out on my side of any argument.

As ridiculous as The Donald is, I've always found that he's a straight shooter (no pun intended). He doesn't take any bullshit and doesn't give any either. I'm happy to have him on our side.

Of all the people in the crowd is it any wonder that this is the one guy they decide to quote in the article?

"He also embraced the bizarre conspiracy theory that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax designed to stoke anti-gun sentiment.

“This whole law was written on the backs of children who didn’t die,” he said."

That doesn't help our cause much.

Of all the people in the crowd is it any wonder that this is the one guy they decide to quote in the article?

"He also embraced the bizarre conspiracy theory that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax designed to stoke anti-gun sentiment.

Did you expect them to publish the interview from a rational, level-headed 2A supporter?

As ridiculous as The Donald is, I've always found that he's a straight shooter (no pun intended). He doesn't take any bullshit and doesn't give any either. I'm happy to have him on our side.

Yup. This has gotten him in trouble with the PC crowd before, like when he described the Saudis in not very flattering terms.

Just to be clear, it wasn't The Donald who said that, the paper was quoting some guy named "Melbourne Sann".

Guy shills for pyramid schemes. Ever heard of his video phone company ACN? Even the logo was a blatant ripoff of RCN. I knew a few people that fell for it. Guy is a smooth talking scammer plain and simple.

At least he't not a hippocrate (he has one of the very rare "fully carry" NYC pistol permits)
Steven Tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith also have "fully carry" NYC pistol permits. How they passed the "suitability" part of the licensing process, in spite of their well-publicized history of illegal drug use, is beyond me!

Steven Tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith also have "fully carry" NYC pistol permits. How they passed the "suitability" part of the licensing process, in spite of their well-publicized history of illegal drug use, is beyond me!

They're rich and famous! Have to protect themselves from the grabby poor people.

it's good to have Trump bring attention to the issue.
the libs would love to avoid covering any pro-2A events and pretend like pro-2A doesn't exist, so if donald showing up brings the cameras then god bless it.

Cuomo may be putting up a good front , but the guy is screwed.
And he knows it.
The whole country was supposed to follow his lead and put the screws to the 2A.
It didn't work out like he intended.
If it had, it was going to be his jump off point for a shot at the white house.
Instead , he's about to find out how Custer felt.
The folks in NY are more than pissed.
Let's see how pissed in November.

You're right. Maybe we should get someone reputable like Big Soda Bloomberg or any one of the level-headed broads from Moms Demand Action.
Better simply to find someone who is sane. There probably were plenty of people at the rally from whom to choose.

- - - Updated - - -

it's good to have Trump bring attention to the issue.
the libs would love to avoid covering any pro-2A events and pretend like pro-2A doesn't exist, so if donald showing up brings the cameras then god bless it.
He brought the wrong kind of attention.

The man is a pure distraction from real candidates that don't want to be any where near him on issues or in person.
Not that he doesn't get it right once in awhile but how many bankrupt companies does it take to instill a certain level of credibility?

Better simply to find someone who is sane. There probably were plenty of people at the rally from whom to choose.

- - - Updated - - -

He brought the wrong kind of attention.

He wasn't the tinfoiler they quoted.

Melbourne Sann, 51, of upstate Rome, was dressed as a patriot and holding a large Cuomo puppet dangling from a tree branch with the words “United Nations” and “New World Order.”

“I do it every chance I can get — before we have to come down here with regular weapons,” Sann said about appearing at protests.

At one point, he used a piece of plywood shaped like an assault rifle to spank the Cuomo puppet — but then a State Police officer confiscated the wood.

He also embraced the bizarre conspiracy theory that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax designed to stoke anti-gun sentiment.
“This whole law was written on the backs of children who didn’t die,” he said.

This was The Donald...

Facing more than a thousand protesters, The Donald railed that New York is in “big trouble” because of “bloated government, corruption all over the place” — and the gun control law enacted after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

“You have the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. You have that right and they want to take it away,” Trump said. “And they are taking it away, slowly but surely, they are taking it away."

But if you don't like him, that's fine. Some people don't like Ted Nugent. I'm sure some people didn't like Charlton Heston.

He wasn't the tinfoiler they quoted.
Trump was the one around whom they framed the article. Title:
Anti-gun control rally in Albany brings out Donald Trump to oppose SAFE Act, Cuomo
Subtitle:
Donald Trump said...
Paragraph 1:
ALBANY — Angry gun owners got the full Trump...
Paragraph 2:
Facing more than a thousand protesters, The Donald railed...
Trump was mentioned in each of the next three paragraphs. The point is the author chose the person with the most name recognition as a public fool with whom to discredit the rally. Gun owners do not need that.

It sounds like your beef is with the author and his/her misleading article. Replace The Donald with the most learned person in the world on The Constitution and a news writer can still quote an idiot in the crowd.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

Back
Top Bottom