• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The cz 75 and its clones

So I moved to a free state and am buying multiple cz 75s and clones. Right now I have a cz brushed stainless a sar b6p and an eaa ps witness. As of right now my favorite is the b6p which cost 250ish but it's a superb gun I think. Great trigger which is going to get better and big sights which are easy to pick up.

So what do you guys have in this family and what do u like about it

I only have old CZ pistols.
CZ 82 , 52
The 75 has been around for a while but have not picked one up. Maybe in another 10 years as a C&R purchase

It also depends on the purpose. Specifically looking at 75 variants as opposed to 85 and other variants -

for just amazing and badass - nothing like the Czechmate - it is a once in lifetime type gun - or maybe twice.

i love the tactical sport - great package for shooting uspsa limited.

75B is my favorite amongst the original designs, better than the straight 75's

You can also checkout czforums and brianenos - tons of great info.

To truly bling your CZ check out both the US and Czech websites. Shipping is a little more expensive than US but it arrives in 5 days -sometimes faster than the US store.

good luck.

The thing with EAA / Witness - this may or may not matter to some folks - depending on how picky you are about things like the trigger, mag, hammer etc - you add parts and cost - and you generally need to rely on aftermarket for that. There is a guy in the US and one in France who everybody sources from.

yes, I have owned EAA / Witness but no longer.

The thing with EAA / Witness - this may or may not matter to some folks - depending on how picky you are about things like the trigger, mag, hammer etc - you add parts and cost - and you generally need to rely on aftermarket for that. There is a guy in the US and one in France who everybody sources from.

yes, I have owned EAA / Witness but no longer.

I used to shoot a EAA witness in uspsa, cost me a lot of matches, I had to bring 2 guns to every match as something would always break. One gun was basically a henning parts.

If you are going with 9mm, it doesn't put the same stress on the gun that .40 does. I know people with high round counts on 9mm EAA and they don't have any issues

I dunno. I look at my CZ's as improvements over classic 1911 designs (well I still love my Wilson Combat). I just can't get over a DA /SA regardless of how smooth it is. I am addicted to safety and SA from my 1911 days. Czechmate is the cats Meow with switchable config - limited or open.

I've got a Pre-B that I picked up in Germany back in '89. Like a 1911, and a High Power it has a very natural feel in my hand. I love the trigger ad it shoots better than I can. A bit heavy compared to today's polymer options but I would feel just fine going into harm's way with it?

CZ75.jpg

I've got a Pre-B that I picked up in Germany back in '89. Like a 1911, and a High Power it has a very natural feel in my hand. I love the trigger ad it shoots better than I can. A bit heavy compared to today's polymer options but I would feel just fine going into harm's way with it?

CZ75.jpg

Just curious. Do your mags look like these?
cz7515x4.jpg

I've got a Shadow Target 2. One of the best shooting guns I've ever fired. I'd love to get my hands on the TS Orange.

Looks like Shadow 2's are finally popping up at LGS's.

Yep. None of which have the blue gripped nitride models that I want. But not to fear, I'll be snagging one (well at least paying for one) this week...

Yep. None of which have the blue gripped nitride models that I want. But not to fear, I'll be snagging one (well at least paying for one) this week...

Those seem to be tough to come by at the moment. I was super eager to get a 2, but to be honest I think I'm going to wait and just enjoy the Target 2 for now. I do want to get my hands on a 97 though.

Those seem to be tough to come by at the moment. I was super eager to get a 2, but to be honest I think I'm going to wait and just enjoy the Target 2 for now. I do want to get my hands on a 97 though.

Yeah I'd be plenty satisfied with a target 2. I just have a cajunized 75B so getting a shadow 2 would be a nice upgrade.

How much better would anyone expect the T2 to be over a CGW?

Just trying to decide if I send something to CGW Or CZC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much better would anyone expect the T2 to be over a CGW?

Just trying to decide if I send something to CGW Or CZC

Honestly, if I had to do it over again I'd probably go with a standard shadow and send it to CGW to save a few bucks. That doesn't mean that I am in any way unhappy with the Target 2, as a matter of fact, the single action is better than the TSO in my opinion (and in the opinion of the guy at my club that owns the TSO) and the DA is as smooth as I've ever felt, it shoots like a dream. However, I do think there's a premium for the CZC moniker, and I would bet that CGW gets you there as well. All of my spare parts are from CGW.

Andrew is probably more suited to comment since he's done the CGW upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom