• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The cz 75 and its clones

Interested to hear from anyone who has shot both. I hear nothing but good about CGW but I do have some projects in the pipe and will have to decide

How much better would anyone expect the T2 to be over a CGW?

Just trying to decide if I send something to CGW Or CZC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any experience with CZC but David at CGW did an amazing job with my polished 75B. Really short reset, 3.5# SA and I think 5.5# or 6.5# DA. Super smooth.

He's a a smaller outfit than CZC, though he is in the process of building a larger facility to handle the demand. I doubt you can really go wrong with either of them. There's also Automatic Accuracy who works on CZ's.

how does it work if I want to send a CZ to get worked on from Mass. Is there a transfer involved?

No. You can send a gun directly to a gunsmith out of state and he can send it directly back to you. There is no transfer of ownership involved, no FA-10, no 4473. You still own the gun. The gunsmith (or manufacturer) is just fixing it.

No. You can send a gun directly to a gunsmith out of state and he can send it directly back to you. There is no transfer of ownership involved, no FA-10, no 4473. You still own the gun. The gunsmith (or manufacturer) is just fixing it.

Yep. Pretty painless.

Ah, that makes perfect sense, thank you! I may send my P01 out for some trigger work.

My recommendation for MA residents is that they should not tell anyone about a dealer selling an off-list handgun unless they have personal knowledge of the other person.

Picked this up last week and can't wait to try it
848e116754fab2b8e5ba198f46162be1.jpg
837720f4d15a59447764fd740a41f418.jpg

I've been putting off making a serious effort to acquire a CZ 85 for a couple years, and now I find out CZ discontinued them last year. [sad]

Have to bump up the priority before they become collectible and even harder to find.

You're better off just trying to finding the skinflint shadow instead, unless having that ambi slide lock is a big deal or something.

ETA: At this point though it might be hard to find the $800 shadow too, being that they nearly all get turned into custom guns.... regardless, plenty of other choices in the product line.

-Mike

You're better off just trying to finding the skinflint shadow instead, unless having that ambi slide lock is a big deal or something.

ETA: At this point though it might be hard to find the $800 shadow too, being that they nearly all get turned into custom guns.... regardless, plenty of other choices in the product line.

-Mike

Yeah, I'm a lefty so the ambi thing is what I was looking at. Guess I'm left with used or browsing the rest of their catalog.

Back
Top Bottom