The Concealed Carry Creed

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
The Concealed Carry Creed

My weapon is for the protection of my life and the lives of others. That is its sole purpose. It does not confer rights, responsibilities or authority greater than that of other citizens. It merely allows me to protect life.

I will seek never to have to use my weapon. If I can avoid conflict, I will. If I can resolve conflict, I will. If I can escape danger, I will. If I am forced to bring my weapon to bear and use it, I will.

I will acquire superior training with my weapon. It is not the weapon that saves lives, but my effective use of the weapon. I will ensure my training is sound, my knowledge is current, and my mind is prepared.

I will know, understand, and obey all laws and ordinances concerning my weapon no matter where I happen to be. Failure to do so harms all who seek to legally carry an effective means of self protection.

I will know and follow the Four Rules of safe gun handling. I am a member of a growing community that must foster and teach safe and responsible gun handling if the community is to survive.

Courtesy of Xavier

This is the only line that I don't like.

"I will know, understand, and obey all laws and ordinances concerning my weapon no matter where I happen to be. Failure to do so harms all who seek to legally carry an effective means of self protection."

I don't believe that anyone has the right to restrict your LTC.

...I don't believe that anyone has the right to restrict your LTC.

Seth,

I find it interesting that you view a License to Carry as a right. From my perspective under the 2A you don't need a license because you have the right keep and bear arms. A license is something that is granted by the state or some other authority.

In the real world, Ross, I like your creed, and pretty well sums up the right approach for carrying concealed.

Mark L.

Seth,

I find it interesting that you view a License[/i} to Carry as a right. From my perspective under the 2A you don't need a license because you have the right keep and bear arms. A license it something that is granted by the state or some other authority.

In the real world, Ross, I like your creed, and pretty well sums up the right approach for carrying concealed.

Mark L.

Yes Mark, that is exactly my point. So you can see why I disagree that someone has the power to restrict your right.

I didn't come up with this, Mark, a gunblogger named Xavier did. Here's his blog. I read him periodically, and I try to never miss an Ugly Gun Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom