• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Colt Caliber Project two more done.

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
In case your are new to my work, I have been busy on a Colt 1911 project for a few years now (4) in which I am customizing each of the TWELVE Colt factory calibers. Each is getting the same(or close to same) features. Adjustable target sights, flat top serrations, checkering EGW grip safety and a complete refinish. All the grips have been made from the same piece of wood by Craig Spegel. So the latest two are a .38AMU designed by the US Army Marksmanship Unit at Ft. Benning Ga. for competitive shooting. It features a rimless .38 flush wadcutter round. Very accurate to 50 yards.
The second is a Colt ACE .22 which was also a great target gun. Its history was that the .22 ACE was designed as a training pistol for shooters prior to jumping to the bigger .45 caliber. The last two a very unique and will surprise a few. Can you guys name all twelve- factory produced Colt 1911's ?

YE0ixGA.jpg

6VcMmdq.jpg

ueOUwgK.jpg

8KbunFq.jpg

hrkFQJk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom