The color of smith and wesson frames??

does any one know the color of the smith 3rd gen automatic's frame? Mine has some holster wear which has caused the paint to wear and the aluminum frame to become shiny. I would like to strip mine down and respray it but im unsure of where to get the right paint.

Heres a picture of it i found, its slightly more worn now than it was in this picture.

4053.jpg

Thanks
-Jon

Hmm I was under the impression that it was paint on the aluminum. I know that brake cleaner and a rag turned the finish to mirror like alluminum.

I am not sure about that finish, the older black frames are anodized. Paint does not adhere to aluminum very well. Most aluminum products you see that are painted have been anodized first. If you can swing it don't paint it, send it out for new anodize (many color's available).

For reference

I Don't think it's "clear anodize" as it has a color to it.

"Clear" anodize does not necessarily come out the exact color of the base metal. Depending on the alloy, it does take on different shades of silver and gray.

Steve

S&W

Why not email or call S&W. They may have you send it back. Some stuff they fix for life. They may tell you what you want.

Back
Top Bottom