• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The CMP is out of M1 Garands

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I just went on their web site to print another copy of the order form and on top of the form is a big notice that states:

NOTICE - PLEASE READ MI GARANDS SOLD OUT!!!!!!

They are hoping to have more towards the end of the year, but they vaguely reference October. [shocked]

Guess they should start to put limits on how many you can order. Especially from FFLs.

I just went on their web site to print another copy of the order form and on top of the form is a big notice that states:

NOTICE - PLEASE READ MI GARANDS SOLD OUT!!!!!!

They are hoping to have more towards the end of the year, but they vaguely reference October. [shocked]

Guess they should start to put limits on how many you can order. Especially from FFLs.

There USED to be limits on the number you could buy. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, that limit was removed.

The result is what you see: The CMP is out of Garands and dealers who bought them up cheap now sell them for a premium.

Watch - it will happen to the M1 Carbines as well.

I talked to someone from CMP a couple days ago. She said that all orders that have already been placed will be met, but implied there will be delays in shipping them.

I wonder what will get here first - the Garand or my Carbine.

Never ordered anything from CMP but if FFLs can order many at a time then that just doesn't seem right at all IMO.

Never ordered anything from CMP but if FFLs can order many at a time then that just doesn't seem right at all IMO.

It is a shame as it definitely gets away from the main reason the CMP is in place. To get quality military surplus rifles to people who want to get into shooting at a reasonable price. Unfortunately FFLs buys these up at $400-$500 a pop and then resell them for $600 to over $1000 a piece. Basically the CMP for these people became a distributor. Oh well. You see these at gun shows all the time.

The limits were never removed from Garand purchases. However they were liberal at twelve per year. That did not include barreled receivers or the receiver itself. Inland M-1 Carbines are being limited to one a year. In Sept. the other manufacturers will be offered for sale. They will not sell out all that quickly. While the $500 is a decent price, it isn't the bargain basement price everyone expected. Many were thinking they would sell for twoo hundred a piece. Not happening.

Add to that the dealers buying CMP 30-06,completely takes away what the CMP wanted to accomplish.

Makes me glad I picked up another case of the LC M2. Who knows when that will run out, followed by the Greek stuff.

I picked up form of the HXP and have a few tins still sealed. Some say the Greek is as good or even better than the LC which I'm hearing was delinked MG ammo.

Bottom line is that either ammo has nicely reloadable brass...

Back
Top Bottom