• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The call to ban kitchen knives in Britain

You know what was really funny? I was thinking of starting a thread today that said we should start campaigning to ban knives since they are used in violent crimes. Once we show antis the stats, they will realize how foolish banning guns are since knives are also dangerous and we can't ban those. Looks like I've underestimated stupidity.

Let them ban knives. In 5 years from now, they'll want to ban baseball/cricket bats. 5 years after that, they will ban all stick like objects unless made out of wood, less than 1cm thick, and less than .3m long (sorry, have to use metric since I'm talking about the brits). 5 years after that, they will ban rocks and bricks. 5 years after that, we can only pray that chtulhu will rise from the sea and swallow them up seeing they can no longer resist him, even with primitive weapons.

It's not like someone can't take one of their gay cripple knives and put a sharp point on it somehow. You also don't need a long knife to stab someone, either.

-Mike

It's not like someone can't take one of their gay cripple knives and put a sharp point on it somehow. You also don't need a long knife to stab someone, either.

Ain't that the truth. I'm pretty sure knives are banned in prisons, but that doesn't stop people from getting stabbed with toothbrushes.

I was in the grocery store today and saw they had an "English" section in the ethnic foods aisle.

Contents? Jordan almonds, tea biscuits, tea... stereotype much?

Don't forget this
spotteddick.jpg

I have to admit I know where they're coming from. This year my wife wanted a new kitchen knife so I went to Different Drummer Kitchen in Pittsfield, MA. All the knives were locked up in a case and the one she wanted was $285.00. I said, "screw this." and went to the sporting goods store and bought her a handgun instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to admit I know where they're coming from. This year my wife wanted a new kitchen knife so I went to Different Drummer Kitchen in Pittsfield, MA. All the knives were loocked up in a case and the one she wanted was $285.00. I said, "screw this." and went to the sporting goods store and bought her a handgun instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to admit I know where they're coming from. This year my wife wanted a new kitchen knife so I went to Different Drummer Kitchen in Pittsfield, MA. All the knives were loocked up in a case and the one she wanted was $285.00. I said, "screw this." and went to the sporting goods store and bought her a handgun instead.

The first article seems to be recent, but the reference to the BBC one seems to be from 2005. Is that right? What are the recent stabs...oops Freudian slip...STATS on this?

You know what was really funny? I was thinking of starting a thread today that said we should start campaigning to ban knives since they are used in violent crimes. Once we show antis the stats, they will realize how foolish banning guns are since knives are also dangerous and we can't ban those. Looks like I've underestimated stupidity.

Let them ban knives. In 5 years from now, they'll want to ban baseball/cricket bats. 5 years after that, they will ban all stick like objects unless made out of wood, less than 1cm thick, and less than .3m long (sorry, have to use metric since I'm talking about the brits). 5 years after that, they will ban rocks and bricks. 5 years after that, we can only pray that chtulhu will rise from the sea and swallow them up seeing they can no longer resist him, even with primitive weapons.
QUIT GIVING THEM IDEAS!

They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed.

OMFG. I'm speechless.

They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed.

That's a load of shit.
As someone who worked kitchens for many many years, my main prep knife was a 10" chef, and I almost never used a paring knife... what a PITA it would be to have to switch off constantly.

I bet that either they're lying, they paid off said "chefs"... or those "chefs" really are Chefs..... celebrity chefs who never do a bit of actual work in their lives.

(Not to mention the fact that not a single person I ever worked a line with was anti-gun.)

-Mike

British self defense training:

ETA:

To Be Banned:
gynnsam-chefs-knife__0090109_PE223673_S4.JPG

Not To Be banned (???):
meat_cleaver.jpg

aequilS116a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom