• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The "Call In"

greencobra

NES Member
My buddy just picked up a pistol at Bass Pro Shop and the salesman came back after making the call in check to the state and told him he'd have to come back on Monday to pick up his purchase. He bought it the Friday before. So he's in a panic when I see him in work Saturday going over in his mind all the heavy crime he did in his life..."when I was 12 I stole a Milky Way". No reason was offered by the salesman when he asked except "it happens." I've never heard of a delay like this, has anyone else? My buddy has since picked his stuff up but went nuts thinking about it over that weekend.

It's probably just a batfe DELAY response from NICS. I am going to take a WAG that your friend doesn't buy guns very much?

If it keeps happening to him he should apply for a VAF UPIN to put on his 4473s when he buys a gun. It will prevent the epically stupid delay poblem.

-Mike

On the different firearm sites I go to this is a common problem. Your friend might have the same name as some felon. Tell him to chill he'll be fine.

He will be fine. I've had friends be delayed because they have the same name as someone else. All ended well and they picked up the gun later in the week.

It's happened to me, got the same name as some guy doing time, it's held me up, I applied for the UPIN about a month ago, should have it in 6 knowing how .gov works.

Does this tend to happen if you put your social on the form? My stepfather was delayed in purchasing a firearm recently and I was left wondering if it was a case of mixed up identities?

Does this tend to happen if you put your social on the form? My stepfather was delayed in purchasing a firearm recently and I was left wondering if it was a case of mixed up identities?

Delays have been talked about many times. It's not because they suspect something of you, the FBI/ATF just needs more time confirming the information. If you have a common name and a whole list of other things can make them delay a purchase because they want to be sure they know who is who.

A delay can happen to anyone anytime

i have bought 4 guns since my license last year, 3 of them I was held up for a 3 day wait and the most recent i took home that day.the reasons the guys listed above are all answers I have been told as well. I also just sent my paper work in for the Upin Mike mentioned. I got a letter yesterday saying they recieved it and now i guess I just wait. So im sure your buddy will be fine...I mean they did give him an LTC of some sort I assume

Back
Top Bottom