• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Bullet Casting Info Megathread

Let us know how they shoot. is the mold from Mihec?

Hi John,

I've shot these previously and they are very accurate. They aren't the problem with location on the target (it's me!) [smile]

It's a Mihec mold. I love these molds. The only issue with them is you have to run them hot or the bullets come off
the pins a little hard. Once hot the bullets just drop off with no problem.

Last edited:
John, I will give you some of them. How many you want?
All of them. [laugh]

I just started loading more 5.56 so I won't get into 45 for a couple of weeks.

Just saw that Miha has begun invoices for the mold I ordered. I suspect I will be the last person to receive one as I was always looking for an update on them.

Last edited:
All of them. [laugh]

I just started loading more 5.56 so I won't get into 45 for a couple of weeks.

Just saw that Miha has begun invoices for the mold I ordered. I suspect I will be the last person to receive one as I was always looking for an update on them.

The longest I had to wait for a mold after I got invoiced was three weeks and it had nothing to do with Miha. Our
wonderful PO sat on them for a bit. Once you pay, those go out asap. Send me a PM and let me know how many
you want or I'll just bring you over a bunch.

Just whipped up around fifty pounds of 452-200 hollowpoints so I thought I would post a pic. [smile]
Left container is WW w/2% pewter, right one is 50/50 WW and MIT range scrap w/2% pewter.

12_09_2010001a.jpg

I just saw this post on castboolits and thought I would post a link here. These are the results of some of the members shooting this boolit.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=1083206#post1083206

Why, on God's green earth, would anyone want to buy that crap??? I mean..... to risk contaminating the lead with zinc?

I was tempted to write that guy selling those, and complain..... but took two deep breaths, and decided against it.

Hopefully the people buying gas checks are aware enough as casters not to use these. There is a learning curve though and one has to figure those will be mined and melted into bullets which can be the beginning of a horrible cycle for bullet casters using range lead. Other than trying to stop the seller casters need to be educated not to use zinc gas checks. It should be a warning in reloading manuals.
Why, on God's green earth, would anyone want to buy that crap??? I mean..... to risk contaminating the lead with zinc?

I was tempted to write that guy selling those, and complain..... but took two deep breaths, and decided against it.

Technically, the actual USE of a zinc gas check isn't that big a deal as far as performance and the gun itself are concerned. And, a lot o people don't bother to mine the lead, so they don't usually care. So, a warning in a reloading data book wouldn't ever get inserted. The book publishers don't care what the gas check is made from (copper, zinc, aluminum).

Just wait until you pay the invoice and the fun starts. Six weeks and counting.[crying]

While the molds are incredible, the waiting game has me pulling my hair out. Well, maybe not my hair. Hopefully Miha can find a better way to get the product to the U.S. but I seem to think it is what it is.

Update: A mold has reached Iowa and is the first to make it. I hope to be casting within the next day or so.[pot]

Vendor Sponsor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm...... I think we have our reason.....

North America (USA & Canada)
USA
Start date: 18th November
End date: Ongoing

Since November 2010, the United States Department of Homeland Security has increased security measures for items carried on passenger airlines. As a result, mail entering the US from around the world, and including the UK, that would normally be sent via passenger aircraft must now travel by other means, including ships and cargo planes.

This is resulting in an extension to transit times for some items, mainly heavier items, but also Destination Sort bags posted under contract by business customers. We’re really sorry for these unavoidable delays and are doing everything we can to keep mail moving out of and into the UK.

We have implemented a number of contingency plans to ensure as much of our customers’ mail reaches the US as quickly as possible and are continuing to work to minimise disruption to our customers, whilst ensuring we comply fully with the US directives and regulations.

------
USA - North America
Start date: 10th January
End date:

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has declared a Force Majeure which commenced on Monday 10th January 2011 due to the continued heavy snow and high wind alerts crossing the Southeast, Midwest, and travelling up the Northeast region of the US impacting in and outbound mail flows. There will be delays to inbound and outbound mail services in affected areas.

Update - 17th January:

With effect from 14 January 2011, postal operations have returned to normal in New York and the north-eastern part of the United States, as well as in the surrounding areas.

We are awaiting information on the rest of the country

P.s. It is copied from UK post (it is in english), but it is same for SLO post

Last edited:
No, not spoiled at all. I also have a bunch of NOE molds on order, some for as long as you.

I keep checking Swede's schedule page to see if they get moved along any. I'm still waiting like you are......

At least when a NOE mold ships, you get it a couple of days later. The slow boat from Slovenia is killing me....................

Just ordered a Tumbler's Model B so I don't have to deal with all the lead dust. I will use the vibe to finish my completed rounds.

Thanks for the SS media BobJ.

My pleasure John..... You are going to love the way your brass is going to look..... Comes out looking like new....[smile]

Just ordered a Tumbler's Model B so I don't have to deal with all the lead dust. I will use the vibe to finish my completed rounds.

Thanks for the SS media BobJ.

Because it's a WET system, using rock tumbler type tumbler, water and some kind of detergent (with some Citri-Shine?), to clean the brass.

You dump the soapy/dirty water when you're done. No dust. You DO have to carefully DRY the brass when you are done.

Duke nailed it..... I use mine after decapping when I want my brass really clean..... Does a great job on the interior surface and the primer pocket.... I load my tumbler with warm water, a 1/4 cup or so of dawn and a teaspoon or so of Lemishine.... After two hours or so I rinse, pour off most of the water and dump the Brass/SS media into a RCBS media separator which is almost full of water.... When dumping I don't worry about any SS pins left in the tumbler as long as I have all the brass.... A couple of turns and the SS media is on the bottom and the clean brass is in the separator.... The clean brass then goes in a standard vibratory tumbler for about 10 minutes to dry and the media goes back in the tumbler..... Brass comes out looking like new!

I started a thread on the process here:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/110426-Tumbling-with-SS-Media?highlight=lemishine

Because it's a WET system, using rock tumbler type tumbler, water and some kind of detergent (with some Citri-Shine?), to clean the brass.

You dump the soapy/dirty water when you're done. No dust. You DO have to carefully DRY the brass when you are done.

Last edited:
Going to put a sink in the basement for dumping the waste water. The Mrs. would kill me if she caught me using her new kitchen sink.

Going to put a sink in the basement for dumping the waste water. The Mrs. would kill me if she caught me using her new kitchen sink.

Great idea! After tumbling the water looks like ink.... Not sure if it will stain but why take the chance....[wink]

Back
Top Bottom