• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Brass Trading Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got tons of:

9mm mixed commercial head stamp (cleaned, but not deprimed)
9mm WCC military brass (with primer crimp), not cleaned
357 sig mixed head stamp (cleaned, but not deprimed)
.40 s&w mixed head stamp (cleaned, but not deprimed)
5.56 Lake City military brass, not cleaned
5.56/.223 mixed head stamp, not cleaned
45 ACP (cleaned, but not deprimed)
.38 special (cleaned, but not deprimed)

I know everyone is looking for 44 mag brass, but since someone recently gave me a die set, I also need some 44 mag brass.

Would also swap some of the above for a .380 auto die set (if anyone has one)
Also, looking for a 270 Winchester (rifle) die set.

I think I have some 44 mag brass at home. I'll check it out later. Would you be willing to trade for .45 brass?

I have some once fired .40 S&W (5 gal Pail full) that I would like to trade for a similar vamount of once fired 9mm brass.

Gammon, would you mind it if the 9mm was WCC (Military) head stamped? I have a 55 gallon barrel full of that, and would gladly swap. It's all once fired, and would all be matching. Some variation in year, I suppose, but otherwise all the same!

I have some once fired .40 S&W (5 gal Pail full) that I would like to trade for a similar vamount of once fired 9mm brass.

Gammon, would you mind it if the 9mm was WCC (Military) head stamped? I have a 55 gallon barrel full of that, and would gladly swap. It's all once fired, and would all be matching. Some variation in year, I suppose, but otherwise all the same!
55 gallon!! [shocked]

Does the 9mm brass have crimped primer primer pockets?

.30-06 For Trade

I've got about 215 pieces of .30-06 for trade. All of it is 1973 KA headstamp. My brother fired it about 2 years ago and was going to reload it. It's all military crimped however, and he didn't have a swage and didn;t want to buy one so he gave it to me. It's a little tarnished, but not corroded and will clean up easily. It is boxer primed. About 20 of the rounds have been deprimed.

I don't shoot .30-06 but will trade for .40 S&W or .357 Magnum (2 for 1 either way). I'd also trade for .303 or .308, 1 for 1.

Swamp Yankee

I've got about 215 pieces of .30-06 for trade. All of it is 1973 KA headstamp. My brother fired it about 2 years ago and was going to reload it. It's all military crimped however, and he didn't have a swage and didn;t want to buy one so he gave it to me. It's a little tarnished, but not corroded and will clean up easily. It is boxer primed. About 20 of the rounds have been deprimed.

I don't shoot .30-06 but will trade for .40 S&W or .357 Magnum (2 for 1 either way). I'd also trade for .303 or .308, 1 for 1.

Swamp Yankee

I have 40SW to trade, PM inbound

DIBS if Marcus doesn't follow through.

I was late to the dance on this one.

Swamp Yankee

wtt want to trade 40cal for 9mm

i have alot of 40 cal brass and would like to trade for equal amount of 9mm.Preferably 1000 for 1000...

If you'd be willing to do 1:1 for my WCC head stamped crimped military brass, I'll do as much as you want! I'm doing a five gallon bucket swap with Gammon, and that barely makes a dent in how many of the WCC head stamped mil crimped 9mm's I have.

1236277811368-94740949.jpg

i have alot of 40 cal brass and would like to trade for equal amount of 9mm.Preferably 1000 for 1000...

[STRIKE]I have several 100's of .30-06 boxer-primed brass, once fired, still with mil crimp. HXP headstamp (from CMP). [/STRIKE] All gone! Also garand en-bloc clips, mixed mfg. [STRIKE]Looking for .380ACP [/STRIKE]and 7.5x55 Swiss. Worcester-Marlboro MA area.

Thanks,

55_grain

Last edited:
I have some .380 ACP that I could swap for the 30-06.
I'd have to ship them out to you, Can you suggest a ratio that you would want?
I'll do an actual count of what I have, and will PM you the info.

I have several 100's of .30-06 boxer-primed brass, once fired, still with mil crimp. HXP headstamp (from CMP). Also garand en-bloc clips, mixed mfg. Looking for .380ACP and 7.5x55 Swiss. Worcester-Marlboro MA area.

Thanks,

55_grain

I have the following uncleaned range brass to trade for 30-06 brass at a ratio to be decided upon:
338Fed - 49
280Rem - 100
250Sav - 109
270Win - 75

Last edited:
I am also interested in Gammon's question. I seem to remember having reloaded some WCC military brass a few years ago, but don't remember having any problems with crimped primers.

Anyone have a comment?

Thanks,
Yankeejim

I have tons of WCC brass to trade if you need some. WCC brass has crimped primer pockets, and the crimp must be removed (Use a Dillon Super Swage to do that) in order to make re-installing primers a breeze.

If you need some WCC brass, let me know. Trades???

I am also interested in Gammon's question. I seem to remember having reloaded some WCC military brass a few years ago, but don't remember having any problems with crimped primers.

Anyone have a comment?

Thanks,
Yankeejim

(Use a Dillon Super Swage to do that) in order to make re-installing primers a breeze.

FYI RCBS makes a swage setup that goes in a single stage press. This is what i use it was only $30.00 if i remember correctly. it works as well as the dillon and is much less expensive.

Yup, it's this one:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=447022
447022.jpg
base_media

I've found the Dillon version goes faster for me. The RCBS version requires that you shuffle the cases in and out of the shell holder.

The reviews at Midway on the RCBS version are mixed with a lot of people unhappy with results, bent rods, etc.
The instructions for using the RCBS version is here:
http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/instructions/Priming_Tools_and_Accessories_Instructions.pdf

FYI RCBS makes a swage setup that goes in a single stage press. This is what i use it was only $30.00 if i remember correctly. it works as well as the dillon and is much less expensive.

Last edited:
Yup, it's this one:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=447022
447022.jpg
base_media

I've found the Dillon version goes faster for me. The RCBS version requires that you shuffle the cases in and out of the shell holder.

The reviews at Midway on the RCBS version are mixed with a lot of people unhappy with results, bent rods, etc.
The instructions for using the RCBS version is here:
http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/instructions/Priming_Tools_and_Accessories_Instructions.pdf

there isn't a shell holder, the swaging die goes on the ram. it does take some thought to setup. the instructions aren't very good. i think the biggest problem people have is they aren't setting the press to bottom out. i set my rockchucker to the hard stop then ajust the the swaging ram.

the dillon is a great unit and it is easier to setup but i couldn't see spending the extra money when the rcbs unit works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom