"The Boys" on Amazon Prime

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I watched the first 3 episodes. Didn't do much for me. What I haven't figured out: why does Karl Urban (Butcher) want to kill superheroes? Granted, they are a-holes but even so....
I have had a crush on Elisabeth Shue since "Adventures in Babysitting" so maybe I'll watch one more episode.
They explain that later.

Revenge you killed my wife kind of thing.

Last edited:

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Very different, also hilarious. For every good piece of original content Prime and Netflix drop there are 100 duds though.
Same with HBO. I got HBO on demand on my iPad thingie a few weeks ago to watch. . . . . . True Detective. Had never seen it. First season - epic. Next two - snooze-fests. Slogged through but disappointed my time was wasted. I'm almost through season 1 of Westworld. Very good show. But even on HBO, some of it is "taste" and some of it is just crap they are throwing at a wall.

The ones I never got were the Marvel shows on Netflix. They were as bad as Agents of SHIELD. They all have that 1990's back-lot feel to them. Everything is perfect, even the trash. It's too TV'y.

I will check it out after I finish Westworld and then catch Mind Hunter, Season 2 on Netflix.

Cur

NES Member
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
I watched the first 3 episodes. Didn't do much for me. What I haven't figured out: why does Karl Urban (Butcher) want to kill superheroes? Granted, they are a-holes but even so....
I have had a crush on Elisabeth Shue since "Adventures in Babysitting" so maybe I'll watch one more episode.
Not Really A Spoiler: A super hero raped his wife, and the baby was a "supe" and it ended up killing his wife. (This is what happened in the comics, but I haven't watched the show, yet, so it's probably along those lines)

Last edited:

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Dude, redact it, or used the spoiler tag to hide it.
Don't worry, the last minute of the last episode will unspoil that. I'm still not sure what happened, guess I gotta wait for a second season. I should probably go watch them all again and see if I figure out anything more from it.

silversquirrel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Added to my insomnia line up on Amazon Prime.
BTW for any fans of Patriot seasons 1 and 2 on Amazon, there is show from the same producer, different storyline, with a lot of the same actors, but in completely different characters, that is excellent.
Perpetual Grace LTD. I caught a marathon on epix channel/ direct tv and dvrd it. 10 episodes. Very original and well done.

Cur

NES Member
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
So it was originally a graphic novel?
Nope an entire series, around 100 issues total iirc. There were a couple of subset 5-6 issue breakouts telling back / side stories. It was an "adult" series. Definitely rated a hard "R" for lots, and LOTS of violence, sex, and language.

Dude, redact it, or used the spoiler tag to hide it.
It's not really a spoiler. It's the point of the entire show/comic exists in the first place. In the books it's revealed in the first few issues.

Top Bottom