The Box is Opened!

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
A great project for a great client. Over a year in the making, collaborating with some of the best in the business. I built this Colt starting with a new Series 70 frame and slide. All new internals from bar stock. Kart barrel, EGW bushing. Checkered 25 lpi by checkering master Pete Single. Flat topped with an arrow pattern, Heinie rear sight and a Yost gold line front sight. Then off to Master Engraver Brian Powley for some classic engraving and gold inlay. Grips are old ivory. The very nice case was by Glenn Dean of Classic Chests, a one off for us with the internal box lid. The box was a gift from our shop to the client who has been very patient with us as we build him the "Decades Project" over the last three years.

MS1KP6y.jpg

mZNnCww.jpg

ZgGtI8t.jpg

kySvec5.jpg

SI7cYKv.jpg

fMk9m9x.jpg

pNJ4llf.jpg

HRCRx1y.jpg

FWWp25N.jpg

Very nice indeed. The only thing wrong with it is that now it’s too nice to shoot...
I’d never be able to get it that clean again.

Very nice indeed. The only thing wrong with it is that now it’s too nice to shoot...
I’d never be able to get it that clean again.
When you buy a gun like this you should always buy a companion gun from the same smith but built as a "shooter" not museum piece.

Back
Top Bottom