The Billy Graham rule

Everyone has their own beliefs. Need to know more about it.
yep. but i believe one shouldn't accept a job if you think it will conflict with any moral or religious beliefs. unless you're setting yourself up for a "so no one else has to go through this" type lawsuit.

Agreed, but the world shouldn’t have to adapt to an individuals beliefs

Reminds me of people that buy houses near a pig farm or such, then after 10-15 years they petition the town to remove zoning for such, because of the stench.
WTF did they expect?
Too ignorant to figure it out when they bought the place

. . . Catholics don't recognize the Reformation, Lutherans don't recognize the infallibility of the Pope and Baptists don't recognize each other at the liquor store. . .

As far as this thing: I'm not sure not working with a woman is necessarily a Christian religious belief. He's gonna have a hard time on that. The belief, while sound, isn't rooted in a "Then Jesus said, 'Don't be workin wit no wimmins, yo!'" type of passage. We're talking GENERAL passages about not doing anything to even HINT at impropriety. That's a tough call.

That said - given the rise of AsstagMeeToo, maybe the guy has a point and something could be figured out to make it all work instead of pissing all over him and then firing him. Seems he's being pro-active to future potential problems.

THAT said - I've worked with my asst for 22 years. Never a sign of impropriety. Never a desire to do so. No one, short of my old pastor, has ever had an issue with it.

THAT THAT said - my last asst 18 years ago besides this one came to work on Tuesday and was banging my business partner by Thursday evening. I was 32 and ignert. Today I'd fire her ass on day one. I was naive. But DAMN if she wasn't looking to put hooks in SOMEONE as soon as she could. Glad it wasn't me. (She wasn't that attractive in the first place.)

Bottom line: As a boss, I'd have accommodated him in some way.

He's going to lose big time assuming the courts are willing to allow the case. Besides he's not a high profile individual such as the late Dr Graham.

My Rule of Thumb is "An eight-ball beats a Graham every time..."

He's going to lose big time assuming the courts are willing to allow the case. Besides he's not a high profile individual such as the late Dr Graham.

While true I wonder if he doesn't still have a case based on lies that his former employer may have told to prospective employers. (Note, I do not know what was said or that they were lies, simply that he is asserting such)

I guess it beats the "Jeffrey Epstein Rule * "...

* Never be left alone in a jail cell with fresh bed linens...

Back
Top Bottom