• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment: How Foolish Are We?

My democrat friends have told me the second amendment says the right to bear arms is meant for the well-regulated militia = all the state national guards can have weapons, not Joe MAGA Gun Lover. The purpose was so if the federal government wanted to be tyrannical to states, individual state militaries and guards could fight back.
Just remind them that they currently are, or were, members of that militia according to US law.

10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

(a)
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b)The classes of the militia are—
(1)
the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)
the unorganized militia, which consists o
f the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

I did not know that John Quincy Adams framed the 2nd in the Massachusetts Constitution 10 years before the US Constitution. We should be the freest Commonwealth or State not the one of the most restrictive ones.

Just remind them that they currently are, or were, members of that militia according to US law.

10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

(a)
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b)The classes of the militia are—
(1)
the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)
the unorganized militia, which consists o
f the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
I did not lose my natural right to self defense when I passed 45 yo.

The people are the foundation of the militia but not the entirety, nor vice versa.

I did not know that John Quincy Adams framed the 2nd in the Massachusetts Constitution 10 years before the US Constitution. We should be the freest Commonwealth or State not the one of the most restrictive ones.
Remember at that time, Maine was a part of MA (until 1817 ish depending on which horse was faster that year )

Back
Top Bottom