• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The best way to never lose your PIN

Geez, when I lived in MA I used to write it with a fine line Sharpie on the back of my drivers license and put a small piece of clear tape over it.
Time to renew? Take off the tape, a little alcohol and do it again.
Not as dramatic but it worked.

I thought the reason for a PIN aka Personal Identification Number was to keep it personal....honestly even telling how you store something in my mind is not cool...but different strokes for different folks...[rolleyes]

That would be true if you cared about the integrity of the system. I will do everything I can to undermine the integrity of this system. I'm not going to tell exactly what I do with my pin. But lets say it errs on the side of convenience, not security.

I'd happily tell all of you, but I'd rather not announce it in an open forum visible to the entire interwebs.

As long as the tattoo was voluntary, I have no issue. Once MA started requiring gun owners to be tattoo'd (can you say Auschwitz?), then I think we'd have something to talk about.

I've seen quite a few people with tattoos like that and they always seemed to have a razor close by.
Damn, Massachusetts gave me the right to carry a concealed weapon in public, and now i have to justify why i have single edged razor blades in an art studio?? Single edge razor blades are an artists best friend for cutting Matte, scraping paint off glass engraving, general shop projects,,,

oh, "And For All Proper purposes"....LOL

Cant you just request your pin from the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services (DCJIS) if you lose it.

"
You can now retrieve the PIN number for your active license to carry (LTC), firearms
identification (FID) card, or machine gun license through the DCJIS by calling (617) 660-4722
during the normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The following information is required:
 Name
 Date of birth
 Active LTC, FID card, or machine gun license number
 Driver’s license number (for identity verification)
"

Cant you just request your pin from the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services (DCJIS) if you lose it.

"
You can now retrieve the PIN number for your active license to carry (LTC), firearms
identification (FID) card, or machine gun license through the DCJIS by calling (617) 660-4722
during the normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The following information is required:
 Name
 Date of birth
 Active LTC, FID card, or machine gun license number
 Driver’s license number (for identity verification)
"
I just know what the issuing officer told me. Thanks!

Damn, Massachusetts gave me the right to carry a concealed weapon in public, and now i have to justify why i have single edged razor blades in an art studio?? Single edge razor blades are an artists best friend for cutting Matte, scraping paint off glass engraving, general shop projects,,,

oh, "And For All Proper purposes"....LOL

MA didn't give you the right to carry. Its a natural right.

Now on to a practical interpretation. There is no right to carry in MA. There isn't even a right to possess in MA. You need Government's permission to simply keep a firearm in your home. The fact that the "right" is meted out by a Government bureaucrat means
that its now considered to be a privileged.

States like VT and NH recognize it as a right and don't interfere with your ability to carry without a license. (NH only openly)

States like CT don't interfere with your right to own a firearm. (for now), but have made carrying a privelidge.

Don

What purpose does the pin serve anyway? The damn LTC has your pic on it anyway.

Seriously. Why? Can anyone give a logical answer?

The PIN is a backup in case your fingerprint doesn't scan well when you buy a firearm. For some reason my print doesn't always want to work, so to make the purchasing of the firearm quicker the retailer can just enter the PIN instead of the finger scan.

Voila!! Quicker way to register your brand new piece with the gubmint.

The issuing officer in Attleboro told me NOT to lose my PIN or i would have to request it in writing.
I have Raynaud's phenomenon, and it's hard to get a fingerprint on me, so i have to use my PIN instead of fingerprint. (It's printed on my LTC)
I told the issuing officer no problem, I'll get my PIN tattooed on...
Here it is!View attachment 58599
Are you going to get laser removal when your pin changes after every 6 year renewal?

Shit, I just have it written down in my cell phone.

your mother must be so proud....

Just picked up my renewed license, and my new PIN
I was 15 i got my first tattoo...my mother made me promise I'd never get another one. now I'm about 60% covered and have been a tattoo artist for 38 years. I lied to her about a few other things, too.. [smile]

gv0yY.png

Back
Top Bottom