• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The best CCW belt?

+1 for the belt man. His stuff is top notch.
Another good option for CCW is to just use the inner belt from your 2 part competition belt. It's soft velcro and is very stiff. A buddy suggested the inner competition belt a few years ago and I've used it with good luck.

- Cuz

Are all of these carry belts thick? I want a thin one with a buckle that looks classy/casual that I can wear when going out.

I can't say it's the best, but I have an Alien Gear Gun Belt that is comprised of leather sandwiched around a spring steel core. It's pretty damn good, but you can expect a little extra attention from the TSA if you wear it through airport security. (They thought I had a sword hidden inside it, true story)

Hank's Amish works well for me and the price ($40) is fair. Plus it looks like a normal belt, so I don't think twice to tuck in a dress shirt with it etc..

Another vote for the ares aegis belt. I had the wilderness belt but the Velcro wore out and you don't have all that much play in the size. Plus the Velcro over laps right where you would carry appendix.

Bought my Hanks belt in 2011, still wearing it. Time to buy another this year, although it still has some life left in it.

Another vote for the ares aegis belt. I had the wilderness belt but the Velcro wore out and you don't have all that much play in the size. Plus the Velcro over laps right where you would carry appendix.

Can you reverse the belt so the Velcro is on the opposite side?

I had my shoe repair guy replace the Velcro on mine once, cost $15.00. Wilderness wanted the same amount plus shipping.

I was just looking at the 5.11 belts, look like a total knock-off and I'm probably going to order another belt from 5.11 as my size is out of stock (no back order allowed) on Midway.

I've had a wilderness along with a couple other high quality leather belts and while they all functioned well, the oversized buckles aggravated me. The Atlas G-hook Belts are sleek and comfortable and perform equally as well in a more modern design.

26325573146_a283a6325b_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom