The balls on Biden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuff like that defies logic/science/anything resembling common sense and demonstrate unequivocably that this is pure politics

So, now we're gonna have the entire USPS of "Superspreaders" running around?

Wait until this is brought up/discussed in court challenges...personally I suspect that instead of strenthening the admins position it will provide a public/on record opportunity for a wide breadth of BS to be aired.....from purjury to the funding of bs to over reporting of deaths to changing the rules mid stride for no apparent reason

Jimmy Carter is dancing a jig right now cuz he's no longer the worst president in US history

Ah, no:

JUSTICE KAVANAUGH, concurring. I agree with the District Court and the applicants that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention exceeded its existing statutory authority by issuing a nationwide eviction moratorium. See Utility Air Regulatory Group v. EPA, 573 U. S. 302, 324 (2014). Because the CDC plans to end the moratorium in only a few weeks, on July 31, and because those few weeks will allow for additional and more orderly distribution of the congressionally appropriated rental assistance funds, I vote at this time to deny the application to vacate the District Court’s stay of its order. See Barnes v. E-Systems, Inc. Group Hospital Medical & Surgical Ins. Plan, 501 U. S. 1301, 1305 (1991) (Scalia, J., in chambers) (stay depends in part on balance of equities); Coleman v. Paccar Inc., 424 U. S. 1301, 1304 (1976) (Rehnquist, J., in chambers). In my view, clear and specific congressional authorization (via new legislation) would be necessary for the CDC to extend the moratorium past July 31.

the original was part of the CARES bill. You are in the wrong year

Folks....SCOTUS just slapped down the CDC for its BS on eviction moratorium as another poster reminded us

Do you really think that large swaths if not the entire EO is going to survive?

Folks....SCOTUS just slapped down the CDC for its BS on eviction moratorium as another poster reminded us

Do you really think that large swaths if not the entire EO is going to survive?

The point that he is brazen enough to even try this is the worrisome part.

ETA: Now companies have an excuse to mandate it on their own. We are too busy playing the short game. The left is ALWAYS playing the long game.

The biggest mistake any of us made was to not take a lay off and sit on our asses for the last eighteen months and milk every dollar out of the government that we could get. What a lesson.
Unfortunately, I have too much personal pride than to do that. I couldn't live with the shame.

the original was part of the CARES bill. You are in the wrong year

You were originally responding to a comment on "how that worked for landlords for the last year". The CARES stuff officially expired in July 2020 (well, effectively August), while the CDC moratorium was initiated soon after and didn't expire until end of July 2021. So, the 'last year' had nothing to do with relatively ancient Congressional action.

Regardless, , let's hope you're right that this new Biden Decree gets slapped down fast - although the set of court challenges to the first CDC Moratorium took forever to get to the Supreme Court and I expect this will also

The point that he is brazen enough to even try this is the worrisome part.

ETA: Now companies have an excuse to mandate it on their own. We are too busy playing the short game. The left is ALWAYS playing the long game.
It's either
A. Desperation
B. Confidence
C. Delusion

Any of those options is terrifying.

Edit: OR THIS is a reasonable explanation

View: https://twitter.com/pnjaban/status/1436128669559234560

The government can't circumvent the Constitution by using private companies to carry out state action because in doing so those companies become defacto state actors and subject to the Constitution. Or at least SCotUS has agreed with that logic in the past in challenges to such maneuvers by various government entities.

It's either
A. Desperation
B. Confidence
C. Delusion

Any of those options is terrifying.

The government can't circumvent the Constitution by using private companies to carry out state action because in doing so those companies become defacto state actors and subject to the Constitution. Or at least SCotUS has agreed with that logic in the past in challenges to such maneuvers by various government entities.
They've proven they give exactly zero f***s about the constitution or checks and balances. We are in a post constitution era. The chicoms say jump and our bought and paid for "elected" "leaders" say how high.

They've proven they give exactly zero f***s about the constitution or checks and balances. We are in a post constitution era. The chicoms say jump and our bought and paid for "elected" "leaders" say how high.
It will be interesting to see how Biden will proceed to remove governors from power. Say, starting from tx.

and squats, we should all be working on leg and lower back strength, might be spending a lot of time in a plate carrier in the not so distant future.

deeeeeeep squats. stalled squats below parallel, pull it out of the hole, GIVE ME THAT POWER, i know you can do it, eat some f***ing peanut butter and LIIIIIIIIFT

He'll use the Insurrection Act. The left telegraphed everything they planned on doing or were already doing when they accused Trump of it.
The fact he said it out loud is still astonishing.
I guess we will see.

and squats, we should all be working on leg and lower back strength, might be spending a lot of time in a plate carrier in the not so distant future.
Better strengthen your knees or they will blow out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom