• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Assault Weapons Ban of 2019

Welp.. so much for that MR556 I've been drooling over for forever.. I honestly don't see how one of these wont pass in this political climate. It really is insane out there.. and I think we are in for one hell of a blindsiding just like what happened to Dems with Hillary losing. Where once presenting empirical facts was most often met with a kind of middle-ground of seeing a need for further research before passing legislation, you now have what I feel is quickly becoming a majority of people flat out saying they DO NOT care about the data and that something MUST be done and you are a heartless monster for not wanting their ideas. The echo chamber is strong on this one and with those three shootings all on top of one another (even though one was clearly reactionary to the reporting on the others) they have their perfect storm of public fearmongering
You can bring up Virginia Tech or Columbine or any of the dozens of other horrible shootings of which this legislation would have zero effect on and it simply does not matter... In fact they will still include those same shootings in their doctored statistics just to get their shit passed. Reason has left the building on this one folks

Swalwell is a lying sack of shit.......

Dem Rep Swalwell of Cali and ATF spokesman are advocating for semi auto's to fall under NFA rules and require registration......

Then the douche from cali advocates for an Australia ban/confiscation

What a POS
Swalwell and his ilk should be arrested and tried for treason and treason it is since they are aiding and abetting our enemies by their unconstitutional actions.

When you listen to these leftist congress critters you have to wonder how these people get elected.....

They're so dumb/unprepared and factually incorrect that you have to wonder if they got elected just to get them out of the communities they come from.......

Along with dumb, lazy, ill informed, the real fact is, they are deliberate, calculating and blatant liars who pander to any group who they think will throw a vote their way. Their re election to office is all they care about.

Along with Maura, they can all go f*** themselves!!! These a**h***s have no right whatsoever to tell us what we can and can't use to protect our families, property, and lives!

Along with dumb, lazy, ill informed, the real fact is, they are deliberate, calculating and blatant liars who pander to any group who they think will throw a vote their way. Their re election to office is all they care about.

Saying it again: They might just be too stupid to rule over us. A sigh of relief.

Honestly, if the SCOTUS isn't petitioned to review 2A and provide clarity (and obviously rule favorable, absolutely nothing will change). They will continue to remove citizen's rights little by little until it's normalized then they will push for a complete ban. All they're doing right now is part of a long term ploy to make semi-auto rifles not "commonly used".

Maybe only 16 million semi-auto ARs/AKs in the US but 100 million *real* AK47s in the world. If I'm going to be a felon for keeping my AR I might as well be a felon for having a AK47.

Depending on what draconian penalties they attach to this piece of trash getting bagged with a real AK might draw you a shorter sentence.

If the ban and buyback goes through, there are several NES members who will run to turn theirs in. Starting with ******

Can someone point me to ANYWHERE that sells a "barrel shroud" for an AR? These morons are regurgitating decades-old nonsense, and anyone that mentions a "Barrel shroud" should be compelled to produce one, and explain how and why it's a problem.

If they're talking about a "handguard" then I challenge them to fire any AR off-hand without one. Ten shots ought to do it. A handguard is a standard feature that cannot be eliminated from a modern sporting rifle. A barrel shroud does not exist. If so I should find them at MidwayUSA or Brownell's, right?

"Barrel shroud" as a banned feature is the result of Tec-9s being a gangster gun in 1980s TV/cinema. Same thing with folding stocks. The notorious "shoulder thingy that goes up" comment was based on the appearance of under/top folding UZI, AKMS, Mini-14 and SPAS-12 stocks.

Back
Top Bottom