the approved roster, AG and us.

hey guys i had an idea, while perusing the roster and remembering that even if its on the list we still might not be able to get it because of the AG (which is still bull) i had the thought that we should create our own NES list, comprehensive, and excluding anything thats not approved by the AG. that way there wont be as much confusion for new members and we wont be answering the same questions over and over. i would do it myself, i just dont have as extesive the knolege as you guys probably do. what do you think?

I'll start.

With my extensive knowledge of the AG's "approval process", here's the entire list of handguns APPROVED by the AG.

<this space intentionally left blank by the AG>

That's it folks. [thinking]

I wish that I was kidding, but that really is the entire list. The AG refuses to certify any handguns as acceptable. Mfrs self-certify, and if/when the AG objects, she sends out "cease and desist" orders along, demand for a recall of all such guns, and massive fine demand notices.

Last edited:
Someone tried this a year or so ago.

Here's what you need to know: If you want it and a MA FFL will sell it to you, buy it. The onus is on the dealer; NOT the purchaser.

I did this quite a while ago, along with links to the online site of the dealers offering xyz firearms. I think it was lost in the big crash way back when.

Someone tried this a year or so ago.

Here's what you need to know: If you want it and a MA FFL will sell it to you, buy it. The onus is on the dealer; NOT the purchaser.

I'm surprised that you didn't mention the most important fact...

Even if you make the list, people won't read it, they'll still ask because they don't believe in self-help.

I'm surprised that you didn't mention the most important fact...

Even if you make the list, people won't read it, they'll still ask because they don't believe in self-help.

Indeed. They'll simply post yet another repetition of an oft-answered question.

Then whine about the "nanny state" while boasting of their "preparedness."

Also, not every FFL will draw the line in the same place - thus making it impossible to prepare any single list.

Also, not every FFL will draw the line in the same place - thus making it impossible to prepare any single list.

Wrong. I did a single list of what is available, and from who. It was in the old forum before one of the big crashes or conversions. It is now lost in the ether. There were dealers on there who were the only ones selling firearm XYZ. It would have been pretty useful if it were still around.

Wrong. I did a single list of what is available, and from who. It was in the old forum before one of the big crashes or conversions. It is now lost in the ether. There were dealers on there who were the only ones selling firearm XYZ. It would have been pretty useful if it were still around.

You are right, I'm sure that CHSB and some chiefs would love to have a copy of your list. [thinking] [rolleyes]

the approved roster, AG and us.

Made me think of the Muppets song "The lovers, the dreamers and me"

Is there a chance that we would be able to get rid of the firearms roster list?? I feel liked a I worked so hard to get my class A license but yet still get screwed because I can't purchase what I want. Talk about add insult to injury!![thinking][angry]

Or should I just continue planning in moving to a different state?? [smile]

Is there a chance that we would be able to get rid of the firearms roster list?? I feel liked a I worked so hard to get my class A license but yet still get screwed because I can't purchase what I want. Talk about add insult to injury!![thinking][angry]
Is there a chance? Yes, there is a chance that legislation will be passed that will change this law. How great is that chance? IMNSHO, between Slim and none, and Slim done left town.

Or should I just continue planning in moving to a different state?? [smile]

I don't recall if the GOAL bill H2259 would do away with the testing/List requirements. HOWEVER, nothing will ever remove the AG's "non-list" regulatory requirements . . . unless/until we get a rational human being in that office, and the likelihood of that happening in MA is about the same as hitting the Lottery Jackpot.

Since there is no onus on the buyer (who is considered a victim of an unfair and deceptive trade practice if sold a gun not approved by the AG), the real issue is "what guns are for sale or accepted for transfer by retailers in MA". This varies by retailer, and is a moving target.

I can think of no good that would come from the preparation of a comprehensive list due to the impact of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

Last edited:
I don't recall if the GOAL bill H2259 would do away with the testing/List requirements. HOWEVER, nothing will ever remove the AG's "non-list" regulatory requirements . . . unless/until we get a rational human being in that office, and the likelihood of that happening in MA is about the same as hitting the Lottery Jackpot.

Sad, I heard no one is running against Coakley for the Repubs...

When Heller is incorporated, the 'commonly used guns shall not be prohibited' clause, MIGHT do away with the 'list' crap.

It should anyway.

When Heller is incorporated, the 'commonly used guns shall not be prohibited' clause, MIGHT do away with the 'list' crap.

It should anyway.

The case against the California roster was already filed last April. In October, the judge ordered the case stayed pending the outcome of McDonald. Once McDonald is decided (if it goes our way), Pena seems like it *should* be a slam dunk. If Pena is successful, the case in MA should be pretty straightforward.

The fact that numerous firearms commonly used by the military, FBI, DEA, and numerous state and local law enforcement agencies are considered to be "unsafe or defective" should constitute fairly persuasive evidence that there's no real rational basis for the list. Until such time as the courts get around to ruling (or as some members of my generation used to say, "come the3 revolution"), pay attention to what LesS and Scrivener posted. If you want to buy a gun and can find a dealer willing to sell it to you, buy it. If you can't find a dealer willing to sell it to you, it doesn't really mater whether or not it's on any list. It's just as simple as that.

Ken

The fact that numerous firearms commonly used by the military, FBI, DEA, and numerous state and local law enforcement agencies are considered to be "unsafe or defective" should constitute fairly persuasive evidence that there's no real rational basis for the list. Until such time as the courts get around to ruling (or as some members of my generation used to say, "come the3 revolution"), pay attention to what LesS and Scrivener posted. If you want to buy a gun and can find a dealer willing to sell it to you, buy it. If you can't find a dealer willing to sell it to you, it doesn't really mater whether or not it's on any list. It's just as simple as that.

Ken

As long as it doesn't violate the AWB laws you're good to go [grin]

Well there is some hope out there. Peña v Cid is on hold in the 9th circuit pending the outcome of McDonald. CA gun owners are challenging that state's 'safe' handgun roster. We won't know how that might apply to MA until a favorable decision comes in.

Back
Top Bottom