The Apex difference.

Picked up a M&P 9mm back in August as my first pistol. Probably put like 1000 rounds through it since then. I knew about the "Mass compliant": trigger, and I read enough everywhere that dropping in an Apex kit was the way to go. But, I'm stubborn. I felt that with enough practice I could be accurate with it, and I think I'm getting pretty good between 20 to 30 ft. But, last week I lucked into a Gen 2 Glock 17. Took it to the range in between rain storms on Wed. Damn.I was still working through what SHOULD have been trigger travel on the M&P when the first round left the Glock. Whoa! Went through 100 rounds in no time, love it. So NOW I knew what a GOOD trigger felt like, and my accuracy reflected it. So the next day I ordered the fwd set sear & trigger set for the M&P. Installed it Saturday night, and took it to the range this morning. What a difference. Like a completely new gun. Had more than a couple "accidental" second shots. Smooth. I brought both to the range and alternated as I emptied magazines and I really thought the 2 were pretty close. I had thought about selling it after picking up the Glock, but there's room in the lock box for 2, so I'm keeping it.

Last edited:
Picked up a M&P 9mm back in August as my first pistol. Probably put like 1000 rounds through it since then. I knew about the "Mass compliant": trigger, and I read enough everywhere that dropping in an Apex kit was the way to go. But, I'm stubborn. I felt that with enough practice I could be accurate with it, and I think I'm getting pretty good between 20 to 30 ft. But, last week I lucked into a Gen 2 Glock 17. Took it to the range in between rain storms on Wed. Damn.I was still working through what SHOULD have been trigger travel on the M&P when the first round left the Glock. Whoa! Went through 100 rounds in no time, love it. So NOW I knew what a GOOD trigger felt like, and my accuracy reflected it. So the next day I ordered the fwd set sear & trigger set for the M&P. Installed it Saturday night, and took it to the range this morning. What a difference. Like a completely new gun. Had more than a couple "accidental" second shots. Smooth. I brought both to the range and alternated as I emptied magazines and I really thought the 2 were pretty close. I had thought about selling it after picking up the Glock, but there's room in the lock box for 2, so I'm keeping it.

Nice I shot my shield just once with the Ma trigger then threw the apex kit with some big dot sights in it. Shoots way better but I still like my Glock 19 trigger.

If you're taking accidental second shots, be careful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're taking accidental second shots, be careful!

I think he meant he squeezed the trigger twice without realizing it, not that it double shot by itself.

OP : I did the Duty Kit in my Full size and I love it. Gonna think about the trigger next.

I did an APEX job on a SD40VE that made it comfortable to shoot, but it still was no where as good as the triggers on my Glocks.

Apex is good to go. For those thinking of doing it, get the full kit, springs, ram, and trigger and do it all at once.

I have the Apex block if anyone wants to borrow.

I am considering a 9c..... how tricky is APEX install?
Not tough if you have a low level of mechanical aptitude. I did the lower portion of mine with little issue, for the top half I couldn't get the rear sight off and had a gunsmith do it.

So, you thought Glocks havo good triggers? That's funny! Really. Try a Walther or a semi decent 1911, or a 226 X5.

So, you thought Glocks havo good triggers? That's funny! Really. Try a Walther or a semi decent 1911, or a 226 X5.

This. There isn't a stock Glock trigger on the planet I would consider good, even in comparison to a stock M&P trigger.

Fun Fact: Apex just came out with a Glock drop in Apex kit. Supposed to be available for pre-order now on Brownells.

This.
If by good you meant middle of the road then that is accurate. My 226 has a great trigger for a combat handgun but the gold standard is the 1911.

Glocks are fine and all but only when compar d to the garbage triggers that S&W and Ruger put in their handguns.

You wonder why cops can't hit shit? Put one of those NYPD springs in your Glock and see how that goes.

The stock trigger in my G19 does not effect me at all, neither did my MA triggered M&P, but I also shoot and dry fire the piss out of my guns.

I love when people blame triggers for their shitty shooting, or other people's. I've never touched a trigger in any of my pistols, and I've out run guys with super special race guns, they just sucked. Just like the gun control debate, it's not the gun, it's the dick pulling the trigger.

Trigger weight isn't why there are institutional shooting problems in LE.

Qualify that with "isn't the only".
The triggers definitely don't do them any favors. If you have ever had one of those little plastic things instead of the barrel spring, it's not just about weight. As you pull the resistance increases like you are squishing something then it pops. That makes it nearly impossible to avoid jerking bc its not a clean break.

But yeah, there is more going on than just the trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

I love when people blame triggers for their shitty shooting, or other people's. I've never touched a trigger in any of my pistols, and I've out run guys with super special race guns, they just sucked. Just like the gun control debate, it's not the gun, it's the dick pulling the trigger.

That's not always the case. Triggers absolutely affect how a gun shoots.

Back
Top Bottom