1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

The All Obama, All the time Megathread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Philo Beddoe, Dec 3, 2008.

1. theGringo

theGringo

The current state of affairs

A depressingly accurate snapshot of the where we stand today. This essay is worth a read.

From Pajamas Media.

2. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Interesting set of videos, the Yuri Bezmenov interview about the plans of the Soviets to take over the US have probably been posted here on NES before - the 3rd video about the plans of the Weather Underground to take over the US govt - and the need to kill 25 million people, is something I have not seen before.

http://www.resistnet.com/profiles/blogs/uri-bezmenov-on-ideolgical

3. theGringo

theGringo

Yuh. That was Bill Ayers and Company. Kill the unrepentant Capitalists. This is the guy that gave Obama his start in politics in Chicago.

God help us if this thing isn't stopped.

Hey, where's that guy who voted for Obama? Is he still posting here?

4. Metalhead

Metalhead NES Member

Fixed it for ya. [smile]

5. Knob Creek

Knob Creek NES Member

Well one Czar down. Van Jones who was "Dead Man Walking" for a week now and didn't know it finally resigned. Now the "Green Jobs" Czar now needs one himself. Go back to LA!

6. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Does the Obama indoctrination speech to the kiddies on Sept 8th maybe have something to do with another event that is going on?:

1 person likes this.
  7. JonJ

JonJ Moderator NES Member

Van Jones Quits
    The MM wouldn't touch this guy but Beck and the net did him in.

8. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

9. PeteH

PeteH

10. FPrice

FPrice Retired Zoomie NES Life Member NES Member

Glenn Beck had uncovered many instances in this guy's past where he clearly articulated his agenda.

Good riddance.

11. copterdoctor

copterdoctor

12. zzrider

zzrider

13. theGringo

theGringo

WorldNetDaily was on the case in April. MSM never reported on this at all. Complete black out.

From April 12: Will a 'red' help blacks go green?
    White House appoints 'radical communist' who sees environment as racial issue

14. MST_2009

MST_2009

Well, that was fast!

WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama's environmental adviser Van Jones, who became embroiled in a controversy over past inflammatory statements, has resigned his White House job after what he calls a "vicious smear campaign against me."

The resignation, disclosed without advance notice by the White House in an e-mail minutes into Sunday on a holiday weekend, came as Obama is working to regain his footing in the contentious health care debate.

Jones, an administration official specializing in environmentally friendly "green jobs" with the White House Council on Environmental Quality was linked to efforts suggesting a government role in the 2001 terror attacks and to derogatory comments about Republicans.

After the resignation, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Obama did not endorse Van Jones' comments but thanked him for his service.

"What Van Jones decided was that the agenda of this president was bigger than any one individual," said Gibbs. The president thanks Jones for his work and accepted his resignation, Gibbs said, adding that Jones "understood he was going to get in the way," by becoming a liability to the administration. Gibbs spoke Sunday on ABC's "This Week."

Jones issued an apology on Thursday for his past statements.

The matter surfaced after news reports of a derogatory comment Jones made in the past about Republicans, and separately, of Jones's name appearing on a petition connected to the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. That 2004 petition had asked for congressional hearings and other investigations into whether high-level government officials had allowed the attacks to occur.

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones said in his resignation statement. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."

Howard Dean, former head of the Democratic National Committee, told "Fox News Sunday" that he thought Jones "was brought down" and that his resignation was "a loss to the country."

Jones said he has been "inundated with calls from across the political spectrum urging me to stay and fight."

But he said he cannot in good conscience ask his colleagues to spend time and energy defending or explaining his past.

Jones flatly said in an earlier statement that he did not agree with the petition's stand on the Sept. 11 attacks and that "it certainly does not reflect my views, now or ever."

As for his other comments he made before joining Obama's team, Jones said, "If I have offended anyone with statements I made in the past, I apologize."

Despite his apologies, Republicans demanded Jones quit.

Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana said in a statement, "His extremist views and coarse rhetoric have no place in this administration or the public debate." Missouri Sen. Christopher "Kit" Bond said Congress should investigate Jones's fitness for the job.

Fox News Channel host Glenn Beck repeatedly denounced Jones after a group the adviser co-founded, ColorofChange.org, led an advertising boycott against Beck's show to protest his claim that Obama is a racist.

James Rucker, the organization's executive director, has said Jones had nothing to do with ColorofChange.org now and didn't even know about the campaign before it started.

Jones, well-known in the environmental movement, was a civil-rights activist in California before shifting his attention to environmental and energy issues. He is known for laying out a broad vision of a green economy. Conservatives have harshly criticized him for having left-wing political views.

Nancy Sutley, chair of the council, said in a statement released early Sunday that she accepts Jones resignation and thanked him for his service.

"Over the last six months, he had been a strong voice for creating jobs that improve energy efficiency and utilize renewable resources," she said. "We appreciate his hard work and wish him the best moving forward."

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2009/09/06/obama_green_jobs_adviser_quits_amid_controversy/

15. theGringo

theGringo

16. theGringo

theGringo

Copy Of Obama Follow-Up Quiz For Students Leaked

TNOYF has obtained a copy of the extra credit quiz to be given to students following President Obama’s address to the nation’s schoolchildren on September 8th.

1) After watching him speak, I would describe President Obama as:

A) Powerfully handsome and extremely motivational.
    B) All of the above PLUS, the most perfectly racially blended individual ever to grace this planet.
    C) All of the above PLUS, the most intelligent and gifted orator ever to descend from above.
    D) All of the above times infinity.

2) The free market:

A) Is evil.
    B) Is super duper evil.
    C) Is neither free nor a market, making it another one of the great lies of the conservatives.
    D) Causes AIDS (especially in school age children).

3) Why did President Bush create the current health care crisis?

A) Because he needed an encore after causing global warming.
    B) He got bored raping and killing all of those baby harp seals.
    C) He heard that one time, health care messed with Texas.
    D) Uhh, hello? Didn’t you notice that (R) after his name?

4) What can I do to personally show my support for President Obama?

A) Start making Republicans-only snuff films.
    B) Report any suspicious activity by my parents directly to the White House (Suspicious activity includes, but is not limited to: yelling at the TV every time President Obama is on; opposing health care reform; driving an SUV; being self-reliant in general).
    C) Every time I hear someone talk about what a disastrous decision President Obama made with Van Jones, I can immediately drop my pants, defecate on the floor and then begin finger painting with my own excrement.
    D) Put on my “NEOCON and loving it!” t-shirt and set fire to the local DNC office while a friend videotapes it.

5) You are getting:

A) Sleepy.
    B) Very Sleepy.
    C) You can hardly keep your eyes open.
    D) The soothing, rhythmic tones of President Obama are encouraging you to shout down health care reform opponents at your local townhall events.

Found here: http://www.thenoseonyourface.com/communism/copy-of-obama-follow-up-quiz-for-students-leaked/

17. Pete85

Pete85

Another one bites the dust...

Today I saw a good friend that I haven't seen in months. Last October, this friend was actively and pretty forcefully campaigning for Obama. Today I see him with a 1.20.2013 sticker on his car. [smile]

Onto another matter, if that isn't a joke Gringo, it may be time to take arms[laugh][laugh]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  18. HTRN

HTRN Instructor Dealer NES Member

Funny, rooting for obama and not smart enough to realize that Jan 2013 is the date that the next president elect will take office.

What happens on 1-20-2012?[thinking]

Or maybe my math is off... I am a product (mostly) of government schools.

19. Pete85

Pete85

Sorry, typeo on my part. Fixed it for you.

20. theGringo

theGringo

Don't feel too bad. I left work today thinking "1.20.2012 ... 1.20.2012 ...". I was like The Little Engine That Could. "I think I can ... I think I can ..." survive a little longer.

Then I looked at the sticker on my car. "1-20-2013"

Damn! [sad2]

21. tele_mark

tele_mark

Obama from two ends of the MSM perspective:

[​IMG]

New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/health/policy/13plan.html?hp

Public Option Fades From Debate Over Health Care
    By ROBERT PEAR

WASHINGTON — It was just one line in a campaign manifesto, and it hardly seemed the most significant or contentious. As a presidential candidate, Barack Obama said he would “establish a new public insurance program” alongside private health care plans.

That proposal took on a life of its own, but it now appears to be dying, a victim of an ineffectual White House strategy, the president’s failure to argue passionately for the “public option” and all-out opposition by the insurance industry and much of the health care industry.

In the campaign, Mr. Obama said the public plan would compete with private insurers on the price and quality of care, thus benefiting consumers. What Mr. Obama did not foresee is that, to some people on the right and the left, it would become the most important issue in the debate over health care, touching off a battle over the role of government in one of the nation’s biggest, fastest-growing industries.

Once in office Mr. Obama and his advisers have sent conflicting signals about how critical a government-run health plan would be. He prefers a public plan but is open to other ideas.

Dancing around the issue for eight months, Mr. Obama has seemed, at various times, pragmatic, flexible or indecisive.

“I just want to figure out what works,” Mr. Obama said in March at a White House forum. If he could drive down health costs and expand coverage “entirely through the market,” he said, “I’d be happy to do it that way.” And “if there was a way of doing it that involved more government regulation and involvement, I’m happy to do it that way, as well,” he added.

Champions of the public plan said it could save money by using Medicare rates and fee schedules to pay hospitals and doctors. In a book last year, one of Mr. Obama’s top advisers, former Senator Tom Daschle, said consumers should have the option of enrolling in “a government-run insurance program modeled after Medicare, a proven and popular program.”

That is exactly what worries health care providers, who say Medicare pays them less than market rates paid by private insurers. And they have pressed their concerns on Capitol Hill with a small army of lobbyists.

Conservatives have another concern. They see the public option as a step toward a single-payer system in which the government would pay most of the nation’s health care bill and could supplant private insurers.

“A public plan is essentially a stalking horse for a single-payer plan,” said Senator Judd Gregg, Republican of New Hampshire. “It is more than the camel’s nose under the tent. It is the camel’s neck, and probably front legs, under the tent. There is no way the private sector will be able to compete.”

In trying to answer this charge, Democrats feel torn. Mr. Obama and many Democrats deny that they want to drive private insurers from the market. But others embrace the ultimate goal of “Medicare for all.”

The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, which supports Mr. Obama and the public option, has long supported a single-payer system.

In a memorandum to union leaders last year, Gerald W. McEntee, president of the 1.6-million-member federation, said a public plan would “create a competitive check on the private market and build both public support and the infrastructure for a single-payer system.”

Then in April, Representative Jan Schakowsky, Democrat of Illinois, said insurers were right to fear that a public plan could “put the private insurance industry out of business.”

That might happen because of “the superiority of the public health care option,” said Ms. Schakowsky, one of 86 co-sponsors of a bill to establish a single-payer system.

Such comments provided new ammunition to Republicans already worried about the costly commitments undertaken by the federal government to stave off an economic collapse.

Senator Jon Kyl of Arizona, the No. 2 Republican in the Senate, voiced this sense of bailout fatigue in June when he said, “We have the takeover of the auto companies and banks and A.I.G. and student loans — and now health care.”

In battering the proposal for a public option, Republicans have made effective use of estimates by the Lewin Group, a consulting concern, which said that more than 100 million people might sign up for the government-run insurance plan.

By contrast, the Congressional Budget Office has estimated that 11 million to 12 million people might enroll.

Mr. Obama cited the lower estimate in a speech to a joint session of Congress on Wednesday, to buttress his assertion that fears of a public plan were overblown. “We believe that less than 5 percent of Americans would sign up,” Mr. Obama said.

But a leader of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, Representative Lynn Woolsey, Democrat of California, predicted that over time “more and more people will select the public option.”

If only 5 percent of people will enroll, she asked, “Why are the private insurance companies so worried?”

The different estimates by Lewin and the Congressional Budget Office are based on different assumptions about who would be permitted to enroll in the public plan — workers in all companies or just those in smaller businesses.

Many people who cite studies by the Lewin Group do not know it is a unit of Ingenix, a wholly owned subsidiary of UnitedHealth, one of the nation’s largest insurers. John F. Sheils, a vice president of the Lewin Group, said the parent company had no influence over its research.

Momentum for the public option has waned, in part, because senators have been focusing on an alternative: nonprofit member-owned insurance cooperatives.

Apart from the question of whether co-ops would be workable or effective, they provide a politically convenient middle ground for centrists. With no immediate prospect of getting the votes for a public option in the Senate, some liberals have said they too are willing to consider the idea — if it enables them to pass a bill, and if the co-ops are strong enough to put competitive pressure on insurance companies.

Senator Kent Conrad, Democrat of North Dakota, who floated the idea in early June, said co-ops would accomplish “much of what those who want a public option are calling for — something to compete with private for-profit insurance companies.”

At the same time, Mr. Conrad said, co-ops address Republican concerns because they are not controlled by the government.

Liberal Democrats are not giving up. Senator Tom Harkin, Democrat of Iowa, said the president and Senate Democratic leaders had not made a serious effort to round up votes for a public option. If they did, he said, it could pass.

While the White House has struggled to define its position, insurance companies have never wavered. Starting two weeks after the 2008 election, they have said they would accept greater federal regulation of their market practices if Congress also required everyone to have health insurance.

These may have been tactical concessions, to abate public wrath, but they were well received in Congress. While making these offers, the industry conserved its resources for the bigger battle over a public option.

Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/09/01/kevin-mccullough-obama-implode/

Why the Obama Administration Will Implode In Weeks

I was the first pundit to predict that Barack Obama would become president. Here's what I think we can expect from this administration in the next six to eight weeks.

Never has an administration had more political firepower at their disposal yet been set to so totally fail in the next six to eight weeks. It is nearly a foregone conclusion. It is nearly unavoidable. And it defies all logic given the sizable majority the administration has in both houses of Congress.

Since I was the first pundit to predict Obama's presidency (back in December 2006) it behooves me to tell you the course I believe the next few weeks will take. Just think, it was only a few months ago that the left looked unstoppable in bringing about their plan to radicalize, nationalize, and federalize America.

1. Health Care's Long and Painful Death

Barring the existing possibility that the Democrats cram a reform bill down the throats of actively protesting Americans through an ultra-partisan process that would shut out conservatives and Republicans from even being allowed to contribute to the discussion, health care reform is dead.

It actually died a good while back when the president decided to pivot and create a new issue that no one had been discussing--health insurance reform. The American people will want to know why we should spend $4 billion to cover everyone in America "efficiently," when we already do so with inefficiencies like people using the emergency room as their general practitioner for $2.5 billion.

Deep thinkers on the issue also want to know why the president hasn't entertained one item of tort reform-- protecting his friends, the trial lawyers-- yet is willing to claim that doctors are eager to lop off feet, tonsils, and other body parts just to make a buck.

2. Cap-and-Trade Will Be the Largest Tax Increase in American History

With the 2010 election cycle just around the corner, it won't be too long before the campaign ads are drafted. With cap-and-trade still sitting in legislative limbo (and the president's own adviser--Warren Buffet-- now opposing it openly in the media), with anti-tax Democrats, Republicans, and Independents coming to Washington on September 12, and with "Blue Dog" Democrats getting hammered by constituents during the August recess, the chance of an ultra-partisan "ram through" victory on the legislation would not be wise.

Cap-and-trade, if passed, will contribute to unemployment, Wall Street stop and starts, and ultimately reduced treasury revenues. It would serve as the single largest tax increase on the average American in all of American history.

Even President Obama admitted as much, predicting that electric bill prices, in his words, would, "skyrocket." Those that have looked at the specifics tell us that the average utility bill in America will go from $167 to $307 per month, per family.

3. Unemployment Will Remain

By now several Washington organizations, from left and right, and one of note consisting of both--the Congressional Budget Office, predict that unemployment will not shrink from the predicted "Obama high" of eight percent. Instead, nearly without fail, economists are predicting that unemployment will be at or over 10% for up to the next 24 months.-- That is a nearly 250% increase in the unemployment rate under Bush for nearly the duration of his two-term presidency. We did not see the unemployment climb this high during President Bush's entire two-term presidency.

If more people were working, higher taxes and possible new health care entitlements could be considered, but with at least ten percent of the population out of work, it is political suicide for Democrats to even think of it.

4. Obama's Integrity Has Been Tarnished in August

Not a great deal has been made of the whoppers that the president has been spewing while Congress has been away during the summer recess but it turns out that more people than I realized have also noticed the president wildly "exaggerating" in his talks on health care. For instance, the president confused the $500 physicians actually get to amputate a foot as opposed to the $50,000 that he claimed they got. He also showed an utter disregard for the reputation of those doctors he talks about, the "facts" he uses to make his argument, and is highly overly optimistic about the results of his policies. Long story short, at the beginning of the summer Americans mostly trusted him, his passion index was at +10, he heads into the fall at -14.

5. A $3 Trillion Dollar Budget

There was lots of new spending for this and it sure added up. And that brings me to number 6.

6. A Coming Middle Class Tax Hike

The Obama administration will hem and haw about hiking taxes. -- There will be an official, and arrogant, explanation given by Robert Gibbs from the podium in the White House briefing room about why they must to do this to be "good stewards" and to be a "responsible administration" that "pays as it goes."

But the truth is, in order to pay for everything the Obama administration has promised (and budgeted for), a tax hike is looming for small businesses and the working families that President Obama promised would never come.

And as an aside, the president was going to break that promise all along. Because the minute the Bush tax relief measures run out in 2010, middle class taxes would be going up in the Obama administration. That means that, fundamentally, that Obama's "not a single dime" pledge on the campaign trail was just hot air from start to finish.

Of course, the president, the Democrats, the left, and Congressional leadership could surprise me. They could show up in September and endorse the Coburn health care bill in the Senate and steal all the credit for it. They could show up next week and fight with all their might to not allow the tax rates to skyrocket in 2010. They could decide to scrap cap-and-trade and re-think the use of public money for a true job-based economic stimulus.

But I'm not holding my breath, and I'd advise you against it as well.

They've awakened the American worker, the American small-business owner, and the American voter.

All three of which are now wondering aloud, "What on earth have we done?"

22. cekim

cekim NES Member

I was going to say "they just don't get it" with this line:
    But, they do get it - one of the NPR types even said it (paraphrase):
    But of course, they are dismissing the real debate (the one about the "broader issue of the role of government)...

23. dwarven1

dwarven1 Appleseed Instructor Dealer NES Member

Typical NY Times BS. Apparently they missed it where most of the country is against it, too. [rolleyes]

24. cekim

cekim NES Member

They assume that all we need is "leadership" to accept that it is good for us[thinking]

They were writing articles in August about how Obama had failed to provide this "leadership"...

Absolutely amazing lack of comprehension of the concept the government is not our "parent"... [sad2]

25. hikerlt

hikerlt

Obama follows the dictates of his handlers...the Trade Unions, and initiates a Trade War with China...

didn't protectionism and trade wars also have a significant impact on increasing and prolonging the Great Depression....??

China Tire Trade Import penalties

26. tele_mark

tele_mark

Gee, Obama's pissing off other countries now? I thought he was the World's darling?!?

27. WeedWhacker

WeedWhacker

28. News Shooter

News Shooter

You know the old saying...

A racist is anyone winning an argument with a liberal

Former President Jimmy Carter said Tuesday that U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson's outburst to President Barack Obama during a speech to Congress last week was an act "based on racism" and rooted in fears of a black president.

"I think it's based on racism," Carter said in response to an audience question at a town hall held at his presidential center in Atlanta. "There is an inherent feeling among many in this country that an African-American should not be president."

29. tele_mark

tele_mark

I notices the Statists are starting to go nuts with the racism thing, trying to use it to leverage through the healthcare bill. Wonder if it'll backfire this time and piss off more people?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/15/AR2009091503689.html

IMMY CARTER

Racism Blamed for Clamor Over Obama

Former president Jimmy Carter said Tuesday that he believes race is at the core of much of the opposition to President Obama.

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African American," Carter told NBC in an interview. "I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way, and I've seen the rest of the country that shared the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African Americans"

Continued Carter: "And that racism inclination still exists. . . . It's an abominable circumstance, and it grieves me and concerns me very deeply."

The 39th president also predicted that Obama will be able to "triumph over the racist attitude that is the basis for the negative environment that we see so vividly demonstrated in public affairs in recent days."

30. FPrice

FPrice Retired Zoomie NES Life Member NES Member

Well, all the debate is over. Jimmy Carter has weighed in and informed all of us that all of our objections to Obama's policies are simply based in racism.

Shut yer mouths, go home, and fondle your white robes all you racist bigots.

[puke]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/15/AR2009091503689.html

edited to add: Sorry, did not see tele mark's post and pretty much duplicated what he said.