• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The absurdity of the proposed laws

FrugalFannie

NES Member
So here I will attempt to enlighten some as to the complete absurdity of some of the proposed laws.

First up is S1116 submitted by Sen. Diaz.

S1116 specifically deals with Sec 122 and 122B of Chapter 140. These sections lay out licensing for firearms dealers, ammunition sales and gunsmiths. Pieces of her proposed legislation would limit anyone licensed under these sections (dealers and gunsmiths!) to receiving no more than 15 firearms in any 12month period. DOH! WTF?

I "THINK" she believes this proposal would limit individuals. Let's hope she's just an idiot, not someone trying to kill the business of the dealers and gunsmiths.

Her proposal also limits the number of firearms a DEALER could sell to 1 individual to 15 per year. Why? Supposedly to stop gun trafficking. However, dealers deserve our loyalty when they provide good pricing and good service so this would be punishing dealers who do a good job. While 15 guns per year may seem 'reasonable' to some people we all know people who do all the buying for their family (like me) and we all change our minds from time to time. Anyone who is active in firearms can easily exceed 15 purchases in any given year. And we don't have nefarious intent.

But the REALLY SCARY part of her proposal would create a registry of gun purchases. Yep. And REQUIRES REGISTRATION.

Proposed:
SECTION 8. The secretary of the executive office of public safety and security shall
57 organize and implement a public awareness campaign to educate the public relative to illegal
58 firearms possession, carrying and trafficking and the requirement to register firearms.

Someone please read the proposal and cross reference it with current law and let me know if I am wrong in my reading of this.

Also, she references sec 131Q in Chapter 140 but I cannot find that sec. Can anyone find it and post it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom