The .45's

stoneypete

NES Member
Maybe I should change my screen name to 45collector. Oh wait, that's taken.[wink][smile]

_009.jpg

Last edited:
awesome thanks for sharing. What are the specs on the colt?
S70 Colt Combat Commander with Night Sights. I don't know who did the work or what parts they used, but they did a great job. Very accurate.

Very nice collection you got going there.

Between the USP and SIG which do you like better? ( yes I know that might be like choosing between two of your kids)

I only bought the Sig yesterday and I have not had a chance to shoot it. (Family is here from Colorado this weekend.) I will say the USP is the ABSOLUTE NICEST pistol I have EVER fired. I would actually sell the Colt before I would sell the HK. Those that know my love of 1911's will appreciate how shocking that statement is.

where did you get the sig?
i just got the same exact thing two days ago [smile]

So YOU'RE the one that got cookingaway's. [grin]

I got it from Jollyroger on Sat. I was going to buy hedgehound's, but my bonus was not as much as expected because I calculated the tax wrong AND I was unaware that they take 401K out of a bonus. (I've never gotten a bonus before.) Therefore I could not afford the pistol that came with the 4 extra mags holster and cleaning kit. I can't wait to have time to shoot it.

Last edited:
So YOU'RE the one that got cookingaway's. [grin]

I got it from Jollyroger on Sat. I was going to buy hedgehound's, but my bonus was not as much as expected because I calculated the tax wrong AND I was unaware that they take 401K out of a bonus. (I've never gotten a bonus before.) Therefore I could not afford the pistol that came with the 4 extra mags holster and cleaning kit. I can't wait to have time to shoot it.

yeahhhh......sorry about that. It was almost the purchase that didn't happen though.

I will say the USP is the ABSOLUTE NICEST pistol I have EVER fired. I would actually sell the Colt before I would sell the HK. Those that know my love of 1911's will appreciate how shocking that statement is.

Shocking as the statement may be, HK makes a beautiful pistol. I've never owned one but have shot a few .45 and 9mm variants. I too am a die-hard 1911 guy and if I had to sell every gun but one I'd keep one of my Colts. If the 1911 didn't exist I'd certainly be an HK guy!

Nice. Sometimes I wish I'd been more patient and waited for a HK compact to buy, but I just love my full sized one. What is the green one?

Pete,

That's a real nice start. When you get ready to sell it, no, I'm not interested. Don't care for Sig's.

Let me know when you approach a dozen in .45 ACP and we'll compare. Get close to 20 in .45 LC and we'll talk. <VBG>

Every time I open the safe there seems to be more than the last time I looked.

I did not like sig's either till I shot the P6. Now I have a P220. Not sure I'll ever own another in .45 Colt as I prefer .44-40. Subject to change without notice. Offer void where prohibited.

As for 1 dozen .45 acp, I would need to find 8 additional different designs that I liked to shoot. I have only to rules right now.

1. No duplicates.
2. I shoot it or I sell it and buy something I will shoot.

Hmmmmm. 1 dozen different .45 acp designs. This could be interesteing.

I will say the USP is the ABSOLUTE NICEST pistol I have EVER fired. I would actually sell the Colt before I would sell the HK. Those that know my love of 1911's will appreciate how shocking that statement is.

Not the exact same but .45s consist of an HK45 and a 1911. I sell the 1911 first. The HK is probably the best shooting handgun I've tried.

Back
Top Bottom