• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The 2a Movement Facebook group

I just wanted to let you all know that I have created a FB page. It will be a central location to organize events and discuss current political issues. As some of you may know, we are trying to get a demonstration going at our state capitols for 01/19/13. If anyone is interested in joining for this or future events here is the link:

The 2a Movement

Thanks guys. We have a few folks thus far. I hope we can keep growing this thing. Any constructive criticism is more than welcome. Please share this with your friends on FB as well.

Dude, there are dozens, if not HUNDREDS of facebook groups for gun owners. What are you going to do differently than every other group?

Some of the Facebook groups/orgs I've already got putting stuff on my timeline:

Second Amendment Foundation
NRA
Gun Owners
Modern Musket
We WILL NOT be disarmed
Gun Owners of America
GOAL
Gun Control Kills
TheBlaze
TheGunWire <- I like this one, as they post links to all gun-related news stories. That guy has been busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest, of late

CCRKBA
Firearms Policy Coalition (SAF+CCRKBA+CalGuns+others)
NSSF
National Association of Gun Rights
Judge Andrew Napolitano (Fox News legal expert. Very pro-2A)
Comm2A

I keep editing this post, as I keep finding more and more groups/orgs. I liked your page, but unless it's got some unique content, it's just another page....

Last edited:
Keep an eye and give constructive criticism. This is hopefully going to be a regional place to get people together to demonstrate and voice our opinions. If it becomes something bigger that is great. We have to start somewhere. Everyone around here is quick to say something needs to be done, but never does anything.

My letter to Jim Wallace @ GOAL:

Hello Mr. Wallace,

I am writing you in regard to the upcoming rallies at State Capitols across our nation. I am specifically referring to the gathering in Boston, MA. I have not heard of an official response from your organization on the matter. As one of the most respected 2a organizations in MA, I believe your stance holds significant weight. I have done my part by organizing a Facebook page: The 2a Movement. I am a lone concerned citizen, but I will do my part. If you could take the time, I would appreciate any input you have to offer. With your support, I believe we can really help educate the public at large concerning possible firearms legislation and its negative impacts on our freedoms.

Thank You,
Shaun Sweeney

My letter to Brent Carlton @ Comm2a:

Hello Mr. Carlton,

I am writing you in regard to the upcoming rallies at State Capitols across our nation. I am specifically referring to the gathering in Boston, MA. I have not heard of an official response from your organization on the matter. I understand your organization is generally involved more on the legal side of these issues, however, I believe your stance holds significant weight. I have done my part by organizing a Facebook page: The 2a Movement. I am a lone concerned citizen, but I will do my part. If there is any advice, legal or otherwise, it would be greatly appreciated. With your support, I believe we can help educate the public at large concerning possible firearms legislation and its negative impact on our freedoms.

Thank You,
Shaun Sweeney

Back
Top Bottom