• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The 2A is no longer a right in MA- it’s a privilege

if I’m going to use her logic to make an argument about liability then the state of Massachusetts should be sued by the federal government and other states since it didn’t take adequate measures to prevent issuing drivers licenses to illegals with forged documents. The registry of MV is a state agency and its employees are acting on behalf of the commonwealth. So if any of these people who got a DL commit a crime, board a plane etc then criminal charges should be brought against the state of MA for failing to take adequate measures to protect US residents. Since last I checked I’m a US citizen with a US passport not Massachusetts passport I will like the US government to launch an investigation into this “matter”
As for the bill of rights she must have failed that test in school.

It's a privilege for women to vote.
It's a privilege for blacks to not be enslaved.
It's a privilege to say what you think.
It's a privilege to worship how you see fit.\

If they agree with it, then it is a right! If they disagree, it is a privilege. [rolleyes]

What do you mean no longer ???

For as long as I can remember, 2A has always been treated as "privilege" in Mass, and I got my first FID card in 1982.
(one of those cards that was supposedly good for life) [rolleyes]

The only difference now is that they're finally admitting they don't treat it as a constitutional right.

Spot on! It's better that they come out and honestly address it than the BS we've been putting up with for damn near forever.

Federal law:
[h=1]18 U.S. Code § 241 - Conspiracy against rights[/h][h=1]18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law[/h]

However, there are no judges in our region that would ever uphold those laws wrt gun rights! Sad but true.

I want to know what her opinion of self defense is. And what she thinks of hammers?

Do these people even understand that doctors and hospitals "kill" more people a year than the things they are trying to take?

Heck. I bet a CDC study would indicate that bald tires cause more accidents and injuries a year than some of the things they wish to obliterate.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Send it to drudge.

Not just Drudge any news, twitter, or similar outfit that has a high profile and might pick up the orginal story.

I would stick to her statement and sardonically question whether she thinks other constitutionally enumerated rights are privileges as well.

She has set herself up for a helping of embarrassment and should be helped to receive a plateful.

would they consider it a privilege to pay taxes? In that case, I'd like to opt out. No more income tax, no more excise tax, no more property tax, no more sales tax, etc

The 2nd amendment is no longer a right in Massachusetts, really ? Can someone please tell me, when was owning or carrying a gun ever considered a right in Massachusetts ??????

Yup, and it will never change in MA.

which is why it's so important to get out and feels so liberating when you do.

no more sales tax, excise tax, real estate tax, gas tax or all the other fees and taxes go into their coffers. and if you can relocate your job to a free state no income tax either.

i do feel bad for those still there, it's not easy to get out. it took us 2 years to get our affairs in order so we could bolt. do whatever you can do TODAY to get your ball rolling.

Here's my email to the Cambridge Commie.
"Representative Decker

Yesterday you made an outrageous statement stating it's a "privilege" to be issued a firearms license in this State. Please read the Constitution and study Heller vs. DC and McDonald vs. Chicago. I didn't spend 20yrs. in the Infantry to have some anti-gun legislator from Cambridge tell me that she can take away my Constitutional rights at a whim. AG Maura Healey tried her little end around the AWB in July, 2016 to coincide w/the DNC convention and Hillary's guaranteed win in the Presidential election. How did that work out? The Supreme Court will eventually decide in our favor that AG's and Politicians can't ban certain classes of firearms just because they're black and scary to liberals. Please educate yourself on the Bill of Rights and the 2nd Amendment.

Why not? She *knows* she’s right and that her constituents will keep re-electing her. There’s is no downside for her in being the face of the anti-gun forces in Cambridge MA.

Did you see how quickly the panel shut down the guy who told them they should stay until everyone got to speak, and that the legislators should go after the citizens who took time off from work to be there? That was a very telling display of their arrogance.

She's keeps digging in:
View attachment 212489

Last edited:
Why not? She *knows* she’s right and that her constituents will keep re-electing her. There’s is no downside for her in being the face of the anti-gun forces in Cambridge MA.

Did you see how quickly the panel shut down the guy who told them they should stay until everyone got to speak, and that the legislators should go after the citizens who took time off from work to be there? That was a very telling display of their arrogance.

It amazes me the difference between the MA and RI elected officials. While sometimes during hearings the reps might have to attend other committed or have legitimate excuses for not attending or leaving early, generally they stay to the end. It all comes down to to mutual respect and while I might not agree with some anti's positions for denying me my right there is an adversarial respect for them staying till 2 in the morning for hearings. The anti reps even acknowledge that it and state that will give fair testimonial to all, regardless of their position. Apparently MA Reps have lost that respect, shameful.

She's keeps digging in:
View attachment 212489

reply with this from the Massachusetts State Constitution First Part Article 17

Article XVII.

The people have a right to keep and to bear arms for the common defence. And as, in time of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military power shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it.

Looks like the word "right" to me, not privilege

Last edited:
For about a week after England surrendered in 1781.
Not related to this post other than it made me wonder. Any history buffs or older (no offense, the crowd here is probably mostly 30-50 if I had to guess) nes members know when licenses became a thing? I'm thinking it's somewhere between 1934 and 1968. That would basically be the start of 2a as a privilege, right?

Not related to this post other than it made me wonder. Any history buffs or older (no offense, the crowd here is probably mostly 30-50 if I had to guess) nes members know when licenses became a thing? I'm thinking it's somewhere between 1934 and 1968. That would basically be the start of 2a as a privilege, right?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading that MA had licenses going back to around WWI or just prior.

In any case, your legislators suck giant bags of shite.

Understatement. There is significant upside for her. Her constituents oppose firearms ownership altogether. Claiming gun ownership is a privilege ingratiates her with her base.

Back
Top Bottom