• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The 2/8/2013 Rally At the State House Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garys

NES Member
I figured I'd start a thread for the next rally. Time to stop patting ourselves on the back for the last one and start planning the next one.

Is this one at all the state houses? I haven't heard of it yet.

cant wait!

maybe we can get a sound system together so everyone can hear.

and more advertisement!

lets try filling the entire street!

if we have a permit can we block the whole road?

In, too.

ETA: Maybe-maybe not, depending on the organizers goals. If I recall this is being organized by the John Birch Society.

I am only attending protests sponsored by GOAL, NRA, COMM 2 A, etc. It does not seem like this rally is associated with a legitimate organization.

Last edited:
F' it, I'm in too... who's running this, and what are the details (start time, order of events, etc...).

This is our chance to up-step Saturday's event, with the politicians actually present. We need to be loud, and organized.... it's hard to ignore 1000+ people chanting!

In ...couldn't get to the first one...I think we have to do some things first....get a sound system like speakers, microphone n electric generator, someone walk over to the fox25 station on beacon hill n tell them about it.

You can go to Home depot and buy a 7ft PVC pipe they make great flag poles for our flags and can be seen miles away. this way your not stressing your arm out trying to hold it up above your head all day. they only cost like 4-5$ each.
If we want a speaker system My friend said he will do it for 100$ 2 tripod setup. Donate to this link so we can get the speaker system so every one's voice can be herd load and clear. ~Nick M

http://free1776.chipin.com/massachusetts-state-house-rally-for-the-2nd-amendment-

There was talk of a rally on 2/8 earlier in the week, which is why I started this thread. I can't find the other thread, but I seem to remember mention of a rally and then going in to the State House to try to talk to State Representatives and Senators.

Hopefully the same people who did such a fine job yesterday will be organizing this.

After hearing us sing the Anthem, and some of the responses here and there this past Saturday, we can make that State House rock and reverberate with our voices. I don't think recent protests such as Occupy or some other protest had the kind of well-fed, pissed-off, he-man, gun-toting voices we have. Plus we're clear as a bell on our message. On a workday this would be really something. We should all learn "God Bless America" so we rock that as well as the Anthem.

We should have some chants prepared like the "mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" we did, I personally like something like "Don't Do It". I don't have great ideas right now but let's think about it!

Just wondering about a Friday rally. Would we be allowed to stand on the steps like we did yesterday? The gates would not be closed, as the State House would be open for business. Does that cause us to change up logistics to not impede access to the front entrance.

Just trying to stay steps in front of SP & Security.

I'm up for a rally every month if that's what it takes to win.

It will take more than that. Letters, phone calls, and visits to the legislators are what's needed. Keep the tone polite and state your case. We can't do what we did in 1998 and wait for someone else to take the lead.

A Saturday rally is nice in terms of getting people there, but there is no one in the State House to talk to. The only people there were the DCR Rangers. I'm sure they were impressed, but that won't help us.

We need to rally and then go inside and try to find our Reps and Senators. Chances are they won't be there, but their staff will be.

Just wondering about a Friday rally. Would we be allowed to stand on the steps like we did yesterday? The gates would not be closed, as the State House would be open for business. Does that cause us to change up logistics to not impede access to the front entrance.

Just trying to stay steps in front of SP & Security.

I heard the organizers may or may not have ties with questionable groups. That said, we should try to make sure the same level.of respectability and professionalism of this past weekend takes place then. If that can be assured Ill be in.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom