• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

the 1911 you dream about

I have my holy grail collectible (below) and like my EDC Ruger SR1911 full-size well enough, but for a wet-dream shooter I would probably have Lou at Business End Customs build my something from scratch. Commander size with a bobtail, golf ball stippling on front strap, VZ slimline grips, carry melt, and night sights.

In the meantime, I spoon with this as I sleep. The wife is becoming jealous.

View attachment 118161

With a gun that pretty / unique we really deserve more pics! I saw your other posting, and that is truly a once in a lifetime pistol. Congrats!

Something we agree on. HA.

That is really gorgeous. More pics please.

Don

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I'm sure we agree on more than that..... and my original comment was not intended to offend anyone personal preferences.... more to my original point, there are a LOT of really amazing gunsmiths building 1911's than can build you something as nice or nicer than the big "names" without the attitude o the price.

So, that dream gun might be closer than you think

I recently purchased a 1944 Ithaca 1911. This is something I have been looking for for a while. I am debating on re-parkerizing the frame as the finish is pretty rough. I have shot it and it shoots really good.
Best $300 i ever spent

This is what I have and it will always be my favorite gun in my collection. I had many opportunities to buy other 1911's but I wanted this one so bad I searched and searched till I found it. I am so glad I did because it has been nothing but accurate and reliable and I love how it looks as well. That being said my next 1911 will most likely be a Wilson Combat but the Sig TTT will always remain my favorite.

How I bought it:
65130932_zps23e6916a.jpg

After adding black WC grips:
3DDF6CE7-orig_zps8cf413e9.jpg

Speaking of TTT's here is mine with VZ's AND if you look closely, there is my Caspian 1911 barely showing in the pic.

IMG_9602.jpg

singer, duh....

my new catch phrase: "you're gonna need stitches.... BLAM-BLAM-BLAM"

failing that any one that says property US Army or something along those lines.....

6" stainless, 9mm or 10mm, rounded butt, no cocking serrations, Fusion Firearms style chain link checkering on the front and rear of the grip.
BobSHunterTactPro-SEliteXL-11_zpsde25eb26.jpg

Basically that, but melonited, with a rounded butt, and no serrations.

I'd buy direct and have them customize it, but I've heard questionable things re: quality. That, and I've got other places I keep spending money...

Attachments

• BobSHunterTactPro-SEliteXL-11_zpsde25eb26.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 31
6" stainless, 9mm or 10mm, rounded butt, no cocking serrations, Fusion Firearms style chain link checkering on the front and rear of the grip.

I'd buy direct and have them customize it, but I've heard questionable things re: quality. That, and I've got other places I keep spending money...

That's nice and the TTT

I would stay away from fusion

Just bought my Springfield Armory TRP Operator from a fellow green member. For the money, it is hands down one of the best 1911's in my safe. Next for me although technically not a 1911 is a Springfield Armory EMP in 9mm.

I want either an old slightly worn WWII era Colt 1911A1, or something like a Springfield TRP.

I just found a gorgeous Colt on Guns America... for $5K. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colt M45A1 CQBP would be a great addition

I love my Sig TTT, as it's my first & only 1911. Good gun for the money, but it's not a "custom". It is readily available in the PRM.

9def5c3159976ad7668f9648a5b0274e.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom