• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The 10 Most Overrated Cartridges

“Organizations with real knowledge of violence and proficiency in its execution, such as the Texas Rangers, use the .45 ACP.“

Lolz, I guess the USMC, for instance, doesn’t have “real knowledge of violence and proficiency in it’s execution.”

No dog in the caliber wars, but a silly sentence is a silly sentence.

Anybody crying about recoil in a rifle below 0.400” is a pussy ass bitch that shouldn’t be writing for a gun magazine.
[rofl] OK tough guy. Let's see you sit down at the bench wearing a T-shirt and shoot two boxes of 7mm Mag heavy hunting loads from a lightweight hunting rifle. I bet you start to bitch about the recoil before you finish the first box. If you don't bitch at the range, you will when you get home and see your black shoulder. I don't cry about it, but NFW is it something you shoot when you want to put a bunch of holes in paper. It's fun for maybe 5-10 rounds max unless you have some shoulder protection or a better than average recoil pad. Yes you can tough it out for a couple boxes and I have, but that was a dumbass move.

No problem making fun of that author- he likely is a pussy ass bitch. Definitely a dipshit Fudd. He thinks .270 does everything 7mm Mag does. No, it doesn't. The best .270 can do will still be slower than 7mm Mag even with lighter bullets. The heaviest .270 commercial loads still lag by 400 ft lbs or more of energy.

Props to OP for posting an article we can make fun of. [laugh]

If I had to choose one pistol caliber for all occasions and could never change my mind, I would go with .45 ACP. But to call 9 or 10mm overrated is just ignorant. Obviously written by a 70 year old fudd who hasn’t read any ballistics reports since the 80’s
David E. Petzal is likely closer to 80 than 70. He was named managing editor for Field and Stream in 1972 and graduated from college in 1963.

Last edited:
Some funny comments posted below the article:

"It's like every ridiculous old man comment I hear across the table at gun shows rolled into one comically ingenious piece. But I'm pretty sure this was meant to be published on the Onion's website."

Followed by:

"OK boomer."

The .22 mag is a blast to shoot IMHO.

He is right about the price point, but my ruger American bolt gun is my go to fun gun

Jacketed lead hollowpoint .30 cal. is pretty effective.
110 grain bullet at 1900fps is pretty effective.
I think overall the M1 carbines lack luster accuracy and the lack of “better” bullets was a doomed combination.

Gotcha, that makes sense. What's the average age for F-class vs high power?
Locally, there's not much of an age difference; we're all getting old. Throughout greater New England and Nationally, Accross-the Course Highpower Rifle has a younger demographic than F-class.
Highpower is FUDD
Seriously? I always thought of HP Rifle as one of the least-Fuddy of the shooting sports where it is primarily shot with the super-evil AR15.

Last edited:
Anybody crying about recoil in a rifle below 0.400” is a pussy ass bitch that shouldn’t be writing for a gun magazine.
[rofl] OK tough guy. Let's see you sit down at the bench wearing a T-shirt and shoot two boxes of 7mm Mag heavy hunting loads from a lightweight hunting rifle. I bet you start to bitch about the recoil before you finish the first box. If you don't bitch at the range, you will when you get home and see your black shoulder. I don't cry about it, but NFW is it something you shoot when you want to put a bunch of holes in paper. It's fun for maybe 5-10 rounds max unless you have some shoulder protection or a better than average recoil pad. Yes you can tough it out for a couple boxes and I have, but that was a dumbass move.

No problem making fun of that author- he likely is a pussy ass bitch. Definitely a dipshit Fudd. He thinks .270 does everything 7mm Mag does. No, it doesn't. The best .270 can do will still be slower than 7mm Mag even with lighter bullets. The heaviest .270 commercial loads still lag by 400 ft lbs or more of energy.

Props to OP for posting an article we can make fun of. [laugh]
Whoa, a lot of testosterone in this thread. Next you two should argue whose mom has a nicer basement who has a nicer apartment.

Locally, there's not much of an age difference; we're all getting old. Throughout greater New England and Nationally, Accross-the Course Highpower Rifle has a younger demographic than F-class.

Seriously? I always thought of HP Rifle as one of the least-Fuddy of the shooting sports where it is primarily shot with the super-evil AR15.
Isn't "Fudd-Class" the name? [smile] [rofl]

Toddlers can run 9.3x64mm no problem.
Beg to differ.

CfqLBFXWEAAqI6N.jpg

Back
Top Bottom