That silly TNH(UNH school newspaper)

During the campaign, Obama drew outrage by saying that some Americans clung to guns because they didn't trust the government. Running to gun shows and buying as many weapons and as much ammunition as possible doesn't do much to dispel that belief. Rational discussion and compromise does. Do that, and hopefully the violence that has plagued the country over the last month may be prevented from happening again.

Nice argument (guns, religion, gun shows and mistrust of the gubberment) given the fact the individual is suggesting rational discussion. Must be rational when it conveniently fits the same point of view.

Love this...

...advocates....have said the increased sales are in response to the election of Barack Obama and his intentions to take away Americans' right to own firearms.... Obama has not made a definitive statement on his plans for gun control and probably won't for some time..... however, an out-right gun ban is politically impossible.

...stirring up hysteria and urging people to buy weapons now before they're taken away...but they should not spread propaganda as part of their defense.

So, pretty obvious there will be a ban.. but it won't be ALL guns.. Don't know exactly when it will happen. But wait until they are all banned to try to buy something??
And he accuses the right of propaganda?

I guess the infringements that already exist against the rights of gun owners aren't compromise enough for this boob.

Exactly. I'm totally serious. These people really and truly believe that because they're not banning ALL guns THEY'RE the ones being 'reasonable'. Like they're the mommies and daddies and are allowing Jr. ONE icecream sandwich before dinner.

So... 50 "high profile" gun deaths in the past month?

There are ~ 260 million privately owned firearms in the USA. That's not counting the guns owned by criminals, of course, or LEO and miltary.

Hmmmmmm.....

There were around 3,500 driving fatalities last month, out of ~ 240 million autos. (but these were "low profile" deaths!)

I guess it is safer to know a gun owner than an automobile owner.

Same old, same old. Some immature guy who thinks that new laws are going to stop people, who are going to break the law anyway, from breaking the law. WTF???

Back
Top Bottom