• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"That is why millions of law-abiding citizens buy these weapons"

To many times she called the Armalite sporting rifle an ASSault weapon. Fed right into the morons hands using their inflammatory terminology but did help our cause when she spoke about her Mother's experience with the AR.

To many times she called the Armalite sporting rifle an ASSault weapon. Fed right into the morons hands using their inflammatory terminology but did help our cause when she spoke about her Mother's experience with the AR.
That was entirely intentional. She is driving home how silly a designation that is.

That was entirely intentional. She is driving home how silly a designation that is.
She should have only used the term once with her opening remarks. Then she should have called it an Armalite sporting rifle moving forward. If you repetitively use the correct title, there is more of a chance of the made up term being used less, eventually and hopefully fading away. Continuing to use made up terminology only strengthens the lefts cause, regardless of what the intended purpose is.

She should have only used the term once with her opening remarks. Then she should have called it an Armalite sporting rifle moving forward. If you repetitively use the correct title, there is more of a chance of the made up term being used less, eventually and hopefully fading away. Continuing to use made up terminology only strengthens the lefts cause, regardless of what the intended purpose is.
Armalite Sporting rifle. Sounds like modern sporting rifle, and that's the pendulum swinging in the other direct too far as well. Assault rifle? Categorically, it is not. Modern sporting rifle? It isn't modern, its a 70 year old design. Maybe some parts are 'modern'. Sporting? I guess....? In the same way you can technically build a binelli super 90 for clays. Rifle? Yeah, that's on the money.

Their recent swing to military style rifle is accurate. That tells you it looks like a military rifle while making it plainly stated that it isn't an actual military rifle.

It a semi-auto rifle. Calling it anything else that distinguishes it from any other generic box mag fed rifle in 5.56/.223 is us playing their game, and we don't have the numbers to make the terms stick.

Assault rifle isn't made up. Sturmgewehr. Germans literally coined it. "Assault weapon" is a vague term that could have covered just any full auto gun short of an MG. Kind of like how we have machine gun laws, and the American 180 or other .22LR full autos are a machine gun in the same way a MA deuce is a [heavy] MG or a m249 is a [light] MG.

We are slowly winning the fight of nomenclature. I heard "Assault style rifles" and "Assault style weapons" recently. Baby steps.

Last edited:

In case you hadn't noticed, she's using those terms sarcastically to embarrass the people she's addressing.

What irritated me was the Congress woman shuffling papers during her speech. She couldn’t be bothered to listen. Ignorant f***. I think if that was me, I would have stopped talking until she looked up at me. After all NO ONE in congress is that busy

What irritated me was the Congress woman shuffling papers during her speech. She couldn’t be bothered to listen. Ignorant f***. I think if that was me, I would have stopped talking until she looked up at me. After all NO ONE in congress is that busy
[/QUOTE

I hear ya , but that is how all of those hearings go , no matter what the topic is. One person is usually talking , and everyone else is f***ing with their phones , or talking to the person next to them. They're all f***ing useless , not one of them give a shit in my opinion.

I'm with you. Unfortunately that's how every one of these things go. The people that support it look to be paying attention, the people that don't are eating cheez it's, shuffling papers, or jerking off. I applaud this woman but she's not changing anyone's vote in that building

Armalite Sporting rifle. Sounds like modern sporting rifle, and that's the pendulum swinging in the other direct too far as well. Assault rifle? Categorically, it is not. Modern sporting rifle? It isn't modern, its a 70 year old design. Maybe some parts are 'modern'. Sporting? I guess....? In the same way you can technically build a binelli super 90 for clays. Rifle? Yeah, that's on the money.

Their recent swing to military style rifle is accurate. That tells you it looks like a military rifle while making it plainly stated that it isn't an actual military rifle.

It a semi-auto rifle. Calling it anything else that distinguishes it from any other generic box mag fed rifle in 5.56/.223 is us playing their game, and we don't have the numbers to make the terms stick.

Assault rifle isn't made up. Sturmgewehr. Germans literally coined it. "Assault weapon" is a vague term that could have covered just any full auto gun short of an MG. Kind of like how we have machine gun laws, and the American 180 or other .22LR full autos are a machine gun in the same way a MA deuce is a [heavy] MG or a m249 is a [light] MG.

We are slowly winning the fight of nomenclature. I heard "Assault style rifles" and "Assault style weapons" recently. Baby steps.
need to start calling ARs grand dads rifle

I'm with you. Unfortunately that's how every one of these things go. The people that support it look to be paying attention, the people that don't are eating cheez it's, shuffling papers, or jerking off. I applaud this woman but she's not changing anyone's vote in that building
I agree. Those things are nothing more than political theatre. Until the people wake up and realize that an armed society is far better than the alternative, we will have to suffer these corrupt fools

Sort of like the annua MA "gun hearings" where the name brand legislators listed to the anointed "speaking time/order reserved by name" give their testimony, then only very junior and uninfluential legislators are stuck with remaining and pretending to listen or care.

NYT Opinions piece title suggests gun owners know they are losing. That’s the first I’ve heard we’re losing…

2669B2CC-58A7-4A89-A9C2-D3F6FF1B7292.jpeg

No comments from the NES Stud Club???

I’m stuck on the pig nose, but lip injections wouldn’t hurt either
I think that little snout on her is kinda cute.

[NES StudClub - Charter Member]

Back
Top Bottom