• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

That Could NEVER Happen Here

June4th

NES Member
Denninger put out yet another excellent article today. That Could NEVER Happen Here... in [Market-Ticker]

On February 19th, 1942 FDR willfully and intentionally violated The Constitution, an act for which he should have been impeached.

I am speaking of the Japanese internment -- the rounding up of over 100,000 people who were frog-marched into Concentration Camps on American soil.

Far more than half were American Citizens with a full and complete set of alleged Constitutional Rights.

I often use the Japanese internment to remind my fellow Chinese American on the importance of the Bill of Rights, especially 2A. With China often viewed by the government, as well as a significant portion of the public as 'Imaginary Enemy #1', I always watch any diplomatic development between the US and China with keen interests.

I have no illusion that while my wife and I swore allegiance to the United States, and both of my children born here, that it is impossible that I will one day be treated as a domestic enemy (either by country of birth, genetic code or simply having a few things that will go bang).

The only thing I wish is that, should such time come, I will have enough courage to do what is needed to protect my life, liberty, and 'to the republic for which it stands'.

Unfortunately we have many things that are not to be proud of in our past. Americans went along with it due to fear. Same as 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Our government used our fear and most supported it. Governments throughout history have mastered that and I am sure it will continue till the end of times.

We need to remember who we are, not only as Americans, but as men. Our forefathers had the right idead for a perfect nation, but it has been diluted over hundreds of years by those they warned us about.

Agreed. There is far, FAR too much "it can't happen here" mentality. It applies not just to guns, but to any and all facets of our civil rights.

If you asked anyone on September 10th, 2011 whether they thought that some day they would have to take off their shoes, get dosed with radiation, virtually strip searched, and sexually assaulted by a government agent, all just to get on a plane, they would think you were nuts!

If the day ever comes were they try to throw you in an internment camp you can count me in as being honored to be standing beside you defending your family! And I'm sure many others would be too.

Denninger put out yet another excellent article today. That Could NEVER Happen Here... in [Market-Ticker]

I often use the Japanese internment to remind my fellow Chinese American on the importance of the Bill of Rights, especially 2A. With China often viewed by the government, as well as a significant portion of the public as 'Imaginary Enemy #1', I always watch any diplomatic development between the US and China with keen interests.

I have no illusion that while my wife and I swore allegiance to the United States, and both of my children born here, that it is impossible that I will one day be treated as a domestic enemy (either by country of birth, genetic code or simply having a few things that will go bang).

The only thing I wish is that, should such time come, I will have enough courage to do what is needed to protect my life, liberty, and 'to the republic for which it stands'.

If we get to the point where the government does give such an order (against any group, not just Americans of Chinese descent), they will have to get through me and my rifle to get to you. And I know that I will not be the only one standing in front of you with a rifle.

Denninger said NEVER AGAIN is not just for Jewish people.

But Never Again is meaningless unless backed up with: Over My Dead Body.

Back
Top Bottom