• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thanks Ed & Lynne Dube, my wife wants a gun.

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
My wife took Lynne's BASIC safety course at Mansfield Fish and Game this Saturday, the 10th of May.

When she came home, I really couldn't get a feel for what she was thinking. She raved about Lynne and Ed and C-pher, but it sounded like she was still hesitant about shooting.

Sunday morning she woke me up and asked if we could shoot on Sunday. She wanted to go to the range. She told me all my guns were too heavy, and she liked the Ruger Lynne used in the class. I said to her... "I have one of those". I let her try it. She didn't like the 6" barrel. I let her try my 4" Model 18,. It too was too heavy. I gave her a 4" Model 34 Kit gun, and the grips were too small. Nothing fit or was light enough for her carpel tunnel wrists, until I let her try my early model heavy barrel Buckmark with the red dot sight.

Even though the gun was over twice as heavy as my Model 34, she liked it. I offered to buy her a Model 317, 3" Alloy 8 shot revolver though, because she said she thinks she like round guns in stead of Automatics.

Sunday morning, my wife and I sat around in the morning playing with guns, and her enthusiastically asking questions.

The impact of the course for her had been too much to digest the first day. Overnight though she seemed to get more and more enthused. She said to me... "You know, you've created a monster".

I laughed to myself, because how many of us wish our wives would join into our hobby? Now Instead of talking guns, guns, guns all day until she was sick of hearing me, now I sit back and SHE starts the conversation.

I have to thank Lynne, Ed, C-Pher and the guys at the Mansfield F&G for this. My wife didn't want to learn anything from me. Not how to drive, how to paddle a canoe, and especially how to shoot.

But Lynne and company opened her eyes, and she is applying for her LTC. I can't tell you I'm totally happy, because I now have to support her gun habit and mine too. Damn, I'll be forced to buy extra guns, and go shooting more often. Ain't it a shame? [smile][smile][smile]

BTW, Carol RAVED about the presentation Lynne made, and loved working with Ed on the range. She's been telling all her friends on the phone how much fun it was, and that they should try it. If any of you have ladies in your life that want to get started in the sport., I HIGHLY recommend Lynne as a trainer, but especially as a WOMAN'S trainer.

I'm so glad Carol had a good time hun. And I'm glad we helped to create a monster for you. [laugh] [laugh]

Actually Lynne, she's always been sort of a "Monster". [rofl][rofl]

Now, I hope, she becomes a "Gun Nut"

Thanks again Lynne. It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday. I think Carol was real lucky to get to work with you. [kiss][wink]

<snip>
Sunday morning, my wife and I sat around in the morning playing with guns.....

I not preaching here but,

Please don't use that term and never "PLAY with guns". My lady friend says that to me now and then and it makes my blood boil. Gun are not toys, they are not to be 'played with'. SAFE GUN HANDLING is no accident.

I not preaching here but,

Please don't use that term and never "PLAY with guns". My lady friend says that to me now and then and it makes my blood boil. Gun are not toys, they are not to be 'played with'. SAFE GUN HANDLING is no accident.

Carol is sitting here saying... "I never said play". I should have used the term enjoying!

I now have to support her gun habit and mine too. Damn, I'll be forced to buy extra guns, and go shooting more often. Ain't it a shame?
violin.gif

World's smallest violin, playing just for you. [smile]

Congrats! I should have such problems...

Congrats.Sometimes it just takes someone else to show your spouse that firearms aren't evil.[grin]
Glad it went well, and just remember you may lose some guns to her now. [wink] [laugh]

My wife took Lynne's course last year, and all the men folk were told to leave, come back and pick up the ladies at X o'clock.

When I came back. the look on her face was really something. I can't remember the last time I saw her so happy and so proud of what she did.

It's one of those 'life moments' that will forever be etched in my mind.

Thanks again Lynne.

Pilgrim, has she gone forward and gotten an FID or LTC yet? Carol is on her way to the police station in minutes for her interview. I told her she should go in and ask for a Machine Gun license, and when the issuing officer stops laughing and choking to say... then I'll settle for a LTC A ALP

My wife took Lynne's class last year. She had a good time. She hasn't bothered to get her LTC and I haven't pushed.

I'm glad that she had a good time. I was very proud of all the women that came to the class...every one of them did very well.

I had one lady that had never even touched a firearm. She didn't even want to go first... The first couple of shots, she wasn't even on the paper....I worked with her on her stance, breathing and sight allingment...

Buy the end of her time....she was grouping at about 4 inches..and all in the black.

She couldn't stop smiling...and after all my students finished...she didn't want to stop shooting.

She was having so much fun..and I couldn't stop smiling either. She was up and down the lane trying different guns that Ed and Lynne brought.

She went from not even wanting to try it...to excited and didn't want to stop...it was great.

It was a good time, and I'm glad that your wife had a good time...and I'm almost not sorry that your wallet isn't going to have a good time. [smile]

...and I'm almost not sorry that your wallet isn't going to have a good time. [smile]

C-Pher, yeah it would be a shame if I had to spend more money on guns wouldn't it??? [smile]

Just as long as both of us don't become part of the C-pher "Rat Pack" of group buys. Maybe I won't let her go green just so she never sees your post big Guy! [wink]

Back
Top Bottom