• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thanks Dave - was: Client needs paper FA10

I really need it for tomorrow. If I can't find one tomorrow, we can transfer through an FFL. Need to get it out of the police station before they send it to Village Vault. I don't want to wait for the mail.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

When I called the Ma CHB they told me they send FA10s to dicks sporting goods ? I never followed up on that one. When he asked about local PD I gave him the name of the 5 towns I tried and he told me they would ship them to PD

I really need it for tomorrow. If I can't find one tomorrow, we can transfer through an FFL. Need to get it out of the police station before they send it to Village Vault. I don't want to wait for the mail.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

Per MGL if the confiscation was for ANYTHING other than a 209A, they are legally required to release the gun on a letter from the owner to anyone named with a LTC. It is a transfer of possession but not ownership (and FA-10 can be done later). The law specifies that they must do this within 10 days of receiving the letter, etc. In the case of a 209A it can only be transferred to a FFL or bonded warehouse so no FA-10 is required.

All this said, I know that some PDs refuse to do this, stall, insist on FA-10s filled out and other obstacles to make life as miserable as possible for the gun owner, with the objective of making sure that the person loses all property rights to their guns (and they are generally very effective in accomplishing their goal here).

Back
Top Bottom