• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thank you to the Area 7 staff!

I would just like to give a heartfelt thank you to all of the people who gave so much of their time and energy to run Area 7. I shot it today, and it was easily the best time I've had shooting a match. The stages were challenging and fun, and the props/decorations were great! The ROs were all friendly and professional, despite the havoc wrought by the terrible weather earlier in the match.

Thank you all for making it possible!

Awesome match but not my best performance. Thank you everybody for your hard work. This was one of the best A7 matches I have ever shot. Really enjoyed the stages. It was great to see some faces from matches past too!

Great stages, thanks to the usual suspects: The Sig crew, the Harvard Action Shooters, the "we'll tape for you" Monson crew, and the rest of a too long to name list. The stages were good, the officiating was professional, there was no stupid shenanigans. Money well spent.

Again, thank everyone so much for all their hard work and commitment to making this A7 wildly successful. Great stages and most importantly a great and helpful staff. Sig was awesome for sharing their facilities with us... and from what I heard there were a LOT of guns given away. Very, very nicely done.

I want to thank the Sig staff especially, my story follows.

I shot and ROed at Sig Academy this weekend. It was a heck of a match with some great stages and 340 shooters to run.

The day the ROs shot was miserable with heavy rain on and off the entire day. While running between tents my guns fell out of the holster (unloaded). It spent a good 30 seconds in a puddle in the rain before another RO brought it to me. Yes I tightened up the holster, it loosened over the years.

I took it to the cleaning area in the Academy and one of their instructors asked me what happened and when I told him about dropping it in the mud. He said we'll take care of that and got on the phone trying to find someone until he brought in Jay, one of the range masters, to detail strip and clean my gun for me.

He took the frame and slide apart and cleaned the entire gun and replaced all the springs for free and I was able to get back to the match and finish. The trigger is much smoother now and I got home without any rust. It was going to be days until I could clean the gun since I had to RO the weekend so it could have been bad.

I just wanted to share this positive experience.

Last edited:
I want to thank the Sig staff especially, my story follows.

I shot and ROed at Sig Academy this weekend. It was a heck of a match with some great stages and 340 shooters to run.

The day the ROs shot was miserable with heavy rain on and off the entire day. While running between tents my guns fell out of the holster (unloaded). It spent a good 30 seconds in a puddle in the rain before another RO brought it to me. Yes I tightened up the holster, it loosened over the years.

I took it to the cleaning area in the Academy and one of their instructors asked me what happened and when I told him about dropping it in the mud. He said we'll take care of that and got on the phone trying to find someone until he brought in Jay, one of the range masters, to detail strip and clean my gun for me.

He took the frame and slide apart and cleaned the entire gun and replaced all the springs for free and I was able to get back to the match and finish. The trigger is much smoother now and I got home without any rust. It was going to be days until I could clean the gun since I had to RO the weekend so it could have been bad.

I just wanted to share this positive experience.

Wow that is really cool. I am going to assume that your gun is a Sig....

Thank you Area 7 staff, especially Dave Bold / Mike Briggs / Tom for helping me get my scores straightened out and up today..

"B" class open win [smile]

Greg Soucie

A little late .. But wanted to say Thanks to all those who worked this match - your hard work and dedication is really appreciated.
I heard more than a few ROs were not able to finish the match due to weather conditions and time constraints... sorry to hear that... Again Thanks!

I heard more than a few ROs were not able to finish the match due to weather conditions and time constraints... sorry to hear that... Again Thanks!

That makes me very sad. I would have been fine with more staff shooting thru on the other days to help them finish. At a minimum they deserved to shoot the match they helped run. [frown]

Hey Lugnut,

I think we were more focused on getting you "good guys" through in a timely fashion that our own match results (which were mostly blown anyway by the weather conditions on Thursday). By the time we finished the day, most were too pooped to get our guns out, too. You'd be surprised how desire waned as the hours passed. [crying]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Sad but true.....By the time we finished shooting on Thursday, we had 5 more stages to go. I was done at that point. On one of my last stages, the sky opened up, I could see lightning flashes off to my right and to my left, some guy was testing a machine gun on the range right next to us. A little disconcerting. At some point on Friday, I got a second wind and decided I really wanted to finish. So, I did 2 stages on Friday, 2 on Saturday and my last on Sunday. In the end, I was happy to finish and happy that all the competitors seemed to really enjoy the match.

That makes me very sad. I would have been fine with more staff shooting thru on the other days to help them finish. At a minimum they deserved to shoot the match they helped run. [frown]

No problem here. I decided to work only and not shoot. Staff had to chrono also so the stage had to be staffed.

Back
Top Bottom