Thank you Dennis and Monandnock Rod and Gun!!! - GunPowderPig

To Dennis (MrTwigg) and the folks at Monadnock Rod and Gun:

You guys ROCK! It was a great time today! Great food and an excellent venue.

A lot of work went into planning for today, and I certainly appreciate it!

I didn't have a camera with me today, but I know some of you did. LET'S SEE SOME PICS!

Aw shucks, tweren't nothin'. *blushes, shuffles feet*

I'll give credit wher credit is due, so;
Thanks and a Tip O'the Stetson™
yo.gif
to derek & Monadnock for for nudging the BOD to approve our shoot and kicking out the stops for an unforgettable day.

...and lets not forget the Shooters who came through with Pop-ups to keep us dry, the-hobbit for the tannerite, the folks who stayed for the clean-up and every one who turned out in the rain to come and share in a dee-licious lunch and some serious fun.

For those who missed this wonderous event
haha.gif

Where's all the videos of stuff exploding, cannons being fired, etc? [laugh]

I want to see what I missed today!

-Mike

Just wanted to say a hearty "thank you" to everyone for letting my father and I and my friend Dan play with your toys at the shoot today and for making us feel so welcome.

-Jason

WOW what a day!! I want to thank Mr.Twigg and Monadnock for setting this up and hosting it. I want to thank Terraformer, Kingson and many others who let me and my friend shoot your great firearms, I want to thank you all for being so friendly to a newbie, I want to thank the weather gods for not making it pour on us all day.

BUT I DO NOT WANT TO THANK the cop who gave me the ticket on the way home!! [angry]

All in all it was the best day i have had in a long while, Thank You All!!

I am hoping to have pics posted tomorrow if time permits but i need to re-size them first. then i will work on a vid sometime during the week.

Before i forget. I want to apologize, there was a lady at the end of the day, around 5pm, that wanted to shoot my NAA 22lr. I did not know you wanted to shoot it, i had not heard my buddy tell me you wanted to. i only found out on the way home. so i apologize had i known, you most certainly could have shot it. if we both go to another shoot at the same time PLEASE look me up and if you have to, push me over to get my attention! you can shoot my firearms.

I'm sorry i missed you, please except my apology.

Thanks Mr. Twigg, a smooth shoot with good food. I am a tannerite fan now (TY Hobbit) and I learned more about quality reloading in a couple of hours (EC) than I would have by wasting cash on things that don't help. And Greg, thanks for allowing me to try some of your goodies.[rockon]

Three things I need:
1) S&W 500
2) Clinotus' SBR ([grin])
3) .50 cal. rifle

Cash probably would help too.

Last edited:
Just back now.

Except that the pouring rain let up just after my tent was pitched (and Thanks for the help, Mr. Twigg!) and except for the misting rain letting up just as the day's event's folded, and except for the sun breaking out in blue skies as we drove off Sunday morning!!!! What a GREAT weekend!

If anyone caught video of Brassy going off, please post it!

My thanks to Derek, Mr. Twigg and the host club for the no holds barred efforts to make this such a success! Let's hope this becomes an annual event! And lest we forget The Hobbit and the Mystery Machine, thanks for the Tannerite!

Last edited:
Where's all the videos of stuff exploding, cannons being fired, etc? [laugh]

I want to see what I missed today!

-Mike

My Brother got some video, I will get it from him and post it on up.. I wanna thank everybody that worked hard this weekend to get this shoot to run so smooth even though the weather was not perfect we all still have a good time.. Thanks Hobbit for all the tannerite.. ( Do I hear group buy on tannerite!!!) Also would like to give a big thanks to the guys working the food all weekend and making sure we were all set, Mike, Mark, Dennis and anybody else that I forgot..

So is it to early to ask when the 2nd annual Gunpowder Pig is?? [laugh] Also looking for to this super secret car shoot going on.. [smile] I look forward to going to many more shoots at Monadnock and any other shoots that entail camping over night and blowing stuff up!! [mg]

Last edited:
Thank you all for the great time yesterday! It was great to meet you all, and I will most certainly be at future NES shoots. Special thanks to Twigg for putting it all together, and Hobbit, thanks for generously providing all of that tannerite. Kingson, your collection is positively mind-blowing. Thanks for letting me try that 1919!

Well looks and sounds like I missed yet another good time with the NES folks :( but hey atleast everyone that did make it had a great time ! Always a good thing in my book.

Lets see those pictures ladies and gents[smile]

Downloading pics now. Will post them later tonight. Got back from the shoot around 5:30pm today. Folks that didn't stick around missed some beautiful shooting weather today.

Oh yeah, deep fried left-over pig is friggin fantastic![smile]

edit: My Photobucket accout is totally screwed up and I'm too tired to bother trying to straighten it out. I'll try to get them up tomorrow night after work or I'll uploads them here.

Last edited:
Folks that didn't stick around missed some beautiful shooting weather today.

Oh yeah, deep fried left-over pig is friggin fantastic![smile]

Yup, it was a good day, I left about a half hour after you did.
That target we set on fire with the explodong target was still smouldering an hour later. I stomped it out before leaving.

[grin]

Back
Top Bottom