TFB FIRST LOOK: Introducing the New 5.56 SIG MCX SPEAR-LT

I think it’s a safe bet that Sig is angling to have the Spear LT ready to replace the M4 for support personnel after the regular Spear is propagated throughout combat arms.

When it was first announced earlier this year, I heard it was not backwards compatible. But it seems like a lot may be.. except for the handguard. You’ll need to look to Midwest industries if you want a slimmer handguard for your Virtus.
I heard early this year that the 7.62x39 kit was going to be available for the virtus. Do you think that is still the plan or did they scrap that and made it only for the spear lt?

I heard early this year that the 7.62x39 kit was going to be available for the virtus. Do you think that is still the plan or did they scrap that and made it only for the spear lt?
Based on Sig’s shady past regarding conversion kit promises that never come to fruition. I’d say unlikely.

UNLESS the Spear LT bolt/barrel is backwards compatible. But it may be tricky given the handguard gas port cutouts.

Would look great in Black...
Most of them do, Sir
5880451_1136542.jpg

Ten bucks says that, this is the rifle that big army will adopt in a year or two to replace the M4 when they rediscover that a modern battle rifle is a stupid idea and an individual carrying around 42069 pounds of ammo is retarded.
Absolutely. This is the backdoor way to replace the M4. There's no way they (the miltara) could get this past the budget people. It really doesn't do anything much better than the already in service M4 does.

Small arm designs are introduced in both revolutionary and evolutionary processes, each being equally important to developing a reliable and capable firearm system. For manufacturers, engineering a new gun and its progressive iterations, is a painstaking progression that requires refinement, numerous evaluation cycles, and performance improvements. For the consumer, the excitement of a new system is intertwined with compatibility concerns, the hope for additional features in future releases, and waiting – a cycle that is not unique to the firearm industry. In early 2015, SIG Sauer released the MCX, a revolutionary design in a market awash in direct impingement AR-15 variants. In the years since the initial release, the MCX progressed into the MCX Virtus, arriving at where we are today – the introduction of the SIG MCX SPEAR-LT.

View attachment 663615
Wow!

Here's a different angle. I'm listening to Bianchi v Frosh argument and the sate claims that rifles used by the military are outside of 2A coverage. If the military adopts Spear/MCX/whatever, it means that AR's are now covered by 2A and they can all go pound sand.

Here's a different angle. I'm listening to Bianchi v Frosh argument and the sate claims that rifles used by the military are outside of 2A coverage. If the military adopts Spear/MCX/whatever, it means that AR's are now covered by 2A and they can all go pound sand.
Lol, they can all go pound sand anyways.

Which would be funny if it weren’t so sad, that the entire reason SCOTUS allowed the NFA was because SBRs and SBSs weren’t used by the military at the time. So they didn’t warrant 2A protections.

Back
Top Bottom