• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas toddlers critically burned after road rage shooting sets off fireworks in family truck

TC McQuade

NES Member
Road Rage Driver Shoots Truck Full of Fireworks, Burns Family Inside

Family of four was seriously injured after a man shot at their vehicle during a road rage incident causing the fireworks they had recently purchased to ignite.

One of the men then pulled a gun out, prompting the other to get back inside his vehicle with his wife and two children, aged 1 and 2.

The suspect then fired his gun at the family's car. Police believe the gunshot ignited the fireworks the family was carrying inside the vehicle.

The two children were taken via Life Flight to UTMB Galveston with severe burns.

Last edited:
Headline makes is sound like a delivery truck "FULL" of fireworks. Article says family car with fireworks they just purchased.

Fyi link goes to Newsweek. Story is part of their gun violence in America bs.

Sorry I should have linked to the Fox news article: Maybe Newsweek stole the article from Fox News, they credit a Fox News reporter (By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News ) . Both articles call the vehicle a truck... Title has been updated...

Lucia I. Suarez Sang
Lucia I. Suarez Sang is a Reporter & Editor for FoxNews.com. Follow her on Twitter @luciasuarezsang

Texas toddlers critically burned after road rage shooting sets off fireworks in family truck

Two toddlers in Texas were critically injured late Thursday night after someone opened fire into their parents’ vehicle, igniting fireworks inside, police said.

Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said the “horrific scene” began with a road rage incident on Highway 249 near Ella.

Gonzalez said a family of four – a mom, dad and 3-year-old and one-year-old kids – were driving along when they got into a dispute with another driver. The two vehicles pulled into a gas station and both male drivers reportedly got out and exchanged words.

When the suspected shooter showed a firearm, the father got back in his vehicle and started to leave.

But the other man allegedly opened fire on the truck, setting off fireworks the family had just purchased.

“Their car [was] engulfed in flames forcing him to stop,” Gonzalez said in a social media post. “Some good Samaritans came to the rescue and transported the family to a community ER clinic.”

The toddlers in the vehicle sustained major burns and had to be airlifted to UTMB Galveston. Both were in critical condition Friday morning, Gonzalez said.

The mother and father were also taken to the hospital with undisclosed injuries.

Last edited:
Shooter might as well eat the pistol he pulled, he won't make it long in prison.

Sorry I should have linked to the Fox news article: Maybe Newsweek stole the article from Fox News, they credit a Fox News reporter (By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News ) . Both articles call the vehicle a truck... Title has been updated...

Lucia I. Suarez Sang
Lucia I. Suarez Sang is a Reporter & Editor for FoxNews.com. Follow her on Twitter @luciasuarezsang

Two toddlers in Texas were critically injured late Thursday night after someone opened fire into their parents’ vehicle, igniting fireworks inside, police said.

Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said the “horrific scene” began with a road rage incident on Highway 249 near Ella.

Gonzalez said a family of four – a mom, dad and 3-year-old and one-year-old kids – were driving along when they got into a dispute with another driver. The two vehicles pulled into a gas station and both male drivers reportedly got out and exchanged words.

When the suspected shooter showed a firearm, the father got back in his vehicle and started to leave.

But the other man allegedly opened fire on the truck, setting off fireworks the family had just purchased.

“Their car [was] engulfed in flames forcing him to stop,” Gonzalez said in a social media post. “Some good Samaritans came to the rescue and transported the family to a community ER clinic.”

The toddlers in the vehicle sustained major burns and had to be airlifted to UTMB Galveston. Both were in critical condition Friday morning, Gonzalez said.

The mother and father were also taken to the hospital with undisclosed injuries.
No prob, I just think we should all try to remember that clicks=advertising dollars and we're helping companies earn money when we click on their sites.

Back
Top Bottom