Texas school shooting

Probably because these incidents DO happen every little while. They always do, two or three people get shot. But the media is actually covering these on a national level now.

Lets not forget that there are about 10K deaths per year from guns, so they could cover them all and make everyone think the "gun nuts" are out of control

why do I think that there will be one of these incidents every other month until the libs get all their gun grabs voted into law?

I think that there will be one of these incident every month and continue to happen after the libs get all their gun grabs voted into law.

why do I think that there will be one of these incidents every other month until the libs get all their gun grabs voted into law?

Well, there are several crimes involving guns every day. The MO will be to hype each and every single one of them as much as necessary. The media are misery pimps. At the slightest whiff of something like Sandy Hook, or anything else, they will go balls-out trying to get the scoop, then everyone else will pick up on it.

If they can, they'll make it stick, if it's legit or just muy's(like this appears to be), it will go away really fast. Based on the description of the suspect that I saw, this wouldn't have made the news if it wasn't on a college campus. (and I'm not saying that I wouldn't care, but the media certainly wouldn't.)

Poor CNN.they was thinking it was a big school shooting.Sounds like it was 2 idiots pissed and might be a couple wounded from cross fire.To bad CNN,no big massacre for ya today.idiots

This happens every day. Some jerk shoots another jerk somewhere for some jerky reason.

The difference between now and any other time before is that now 'gun control' is on the media's bullet list of topics to push. They don't have to lie about a story to alter peoples perceptions, all they have to do is selectively report on stories that fit their mold, and work to their agenda.

Notice, this shooting is not a mass shooting, its just like any other shooting... but it took place near a school. Fits the narrative, push it out there. Makes people think 'something must be done! It's an epidemic!'

Lets not forget that there are about 10K deaths per year from guns, so they could cover them all and make everyone think the "gun nuts" are out of control

Right, but they love school shootings because they scare the sheeple. "These kids weren't out dealing drugs or gang banging, they were just going to class! We NEED to do something!" The media is corrupt and these shootings fit their agenda. Focusing on the disaster that our inner cities has become would expose that the liberal model doesn't work.

Yeah, or they could cover the one rape that happens every 6 minutes in the US(#2 in the world! Go US!) and not have time to get to the shootings.

[Tinfoil Hat] I'm calling it now, this is the only school in the nation where guns are welcomed by campus administrators, oh and what Spanz said above too! [/Tinfoil Hat]

School policy is that guns are prohibited, even if you have a CC Permit. I don't think that TX has a preemption statute.

Lone Star College System said:
II.F.1.01 Firearms/Weapons - Illegal

A person shall not knowingly, intentionally or recklessly go onto the physical premises or passenger transportation vehicle of the System with a firearm or any prohibited weapon listed in Penal Code 46.05(a) unless pursuant to written regulation or law, or written authorization of the System.

Violation of this law is a third degree felony. Penal Code 46.05 (See also Section: Student Code of Conduct, Section VI. Students, of Board Policy Manual).

The physical premises of the System means any grounds or buildings owned or leased by the System, including, but not limited to, lots and land under the control of the System, or upon which a System building is located

II.F.1.02 Firearms/Weapons - Prohibited

No person shall be permitted to interfere with the normal activities, the normal occupancy or the normal use of any building or portion of campus of any school by exhibiting or using or threatening to exhibit or use a firearm of weapon.

II.F.1.03 Firearms at System Meetings

Regardless of whether the weapon is concealed or not, a person who has been issued a license to carry a concealed firearm commits an offense if he or she carries a firearm at any meeting of the System, unless otherwise allowed by state law.

II.F.1.04 Criminal Trespass

A person who carries a concealed handgun whether licensed or not onto premises to which the System has title or possession or is a holder in due course of a negotiable instrument in violation of a posted notice violates the criminal trespass statute.

II.F.1.05 Prohibition of Concealed Weapons

Unless otherwise allowed by state law, the System may prohibit persons who are licensed to carry a concealed handgun from carrying a concealed weapon onto its premises.

II.F.1.06 System Firearms Policy

It is the policy of this System to prohibit the carrying of firearms, knives and clubs onto any of the System's facilities. The possession of firearms, illegal knives and prohibited knives on System facilities including parking areas and publicly accessed facilities is a violation of criminal law and Board policies. This prohibition includes licensed concealed handguns except as otherwise allowed by state law.

Link to Lone Star College System Website

Somebody ought to get a website going - that documents all of the posted "gun free zones" all across the country.

Don't do it as a way to denigrate the anti-gunners - do it completely seriously - with a statement on the front page that reads - oh, I don't know - something like: " We have undertaken to document all of the places across this country that have posted themselves as gun free zones - in an apparent attempt to negate the laws of human nature - thru signage. We present the information within this web site purely as a public service - and thru the free market of ideas - we hope people will use the information within in a constructive manner".

Then just sit back and watch what happens as human nature destroys the anti gunners arguments.

When people start suing you to stop publishing the known locations of "No Gun" zones - that's when you will know you have won. A lawsuit in fact - would be a perfect public spectacle to use to educate the public on the danger of going into "no gun" zones.

Rape statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it looks like we are number 1 in count, but South Africa is number 1 per capita (almost 5 times our rate.)

Yes, exactly so. And parts of South Africa are horrible, even compared to Detroit. The next nation is 1/4 our number. Of course, this is only reported, so there could be a lot of inaccuracy. Also consider that it's estimated that the vast majority (80-90%) of rapes go unreported, and you have a real problem you could be trying to address.

My point is not to trivialize the victims of heinous crimes, but rather to underscore the fact that there are much more serious problems we could be dealing with.

Yahoo's headline is "at least two students shot". One of them was one of the shooters!
boston.com hasn't even run a scary headline yet. I am beyond shocked

- - - Updated - - -

also, what the hell is wrong with people? stop being jerks and shooting eachother

I'm calling it now, 3 Bushwackers and 2 AR Style Glocks recovered at the scene......

Seriously though, 4 people injured from what I’m hearing now and one was a heart attack. It was two idiots shooting at each other over some sort of altercation. Doesn’t that shit happen every day in some of our safest communities, you know the ones with the strictest gun control laws?? Sorry Chicago, not quite CNN material I guess.

Oh no, no A.W.? No kids? Nothing random? And an altercation involved?

Nothing to see here, sweep it and wait for some dead kids.

Social media is telling me it had something to with drugz. Hmm. I need drugs after so many gun control threads and hyped up stories.

Sent from my POS iPhone

Social media is telling me it had something to with drugz. Hmm. I need drugs after so many gun control threads and hyped up stories.

Woah wait, are you not only did they not read the no gun sign, but they wuz doin' drrrrruuuuuugggggzzzz! I thought we made laws for this sort of stuff! [rules]

[popcorn]

Back
Top Bottom