• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas Professor Dons Kevlar/Bodyarmor to Protest Campus Carry

Oops, meant Texas. The poor Professor is scared of his students? Does he dress like this when he goes out in the general public because I hear lots of Texans carry guns?
A Texas professor is making waves on social media after protesting the state's campus carry law by wearing protective combat gear to class.

San Antonio College geography instructor Charles K. Smith went to his class last week sporting a camouflaged bulletproof vest and helmet. He said he wore it because he doesn’t feel safe.

“It definitely makes me feel uneasy that there are more firearms on campus than there should be,” Smith told mySA.com. “[Dressing this way] was just a statement on how I felt.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/0...t-gear-to-protest-texas-campus-carry-law.html

Last edited:
There is no way in hell they would let a professor do this because of the lack of campus carry. Double standard, and this guy is an ass.

and how many times a year are Professors shot by disgruntled students? I bet there's many more incidents of Professors raping coeds so we should castrate all college Professors. Hmm, this guy should be teaching at Amherst.

... or requiring books for class that they authored, and only the newest edition. Plenty of raping in college.

There is no way in hell they would let a professor do this because of the lack of campus carry. Double standard, and this guy is an ass.

The double standard is that nobody else would be allowed to do it?

couldn't find him on the school's directory, likely a part time adjunct instructor who simply felt he needed some publicity.

Students should call the police .... "There's a guy running around campus dressed in body armor .... shelter in place .... shelter in place"!

Exactly, hence [STRIKE=the]the[/STRIKE] a double standard. The university would allow this without repercussion, but if a pro2A professor attempted this because of a lack of campus carry he would be flat on his ass within minutes.

The double standard is that nobody else would be allowed to do it?

Double standard is what would happen if a professor in MA wore that stuff and an empty holster to protest being disarmed on campus? This guy gets liberal points and publicity, the one in mass would have a media blackout and be fired for "Threatening behavior"

He has a right to peaceful protest.... That right should be supported just as any peaceful right to carry on campus protest.

He also has a right to find another job if he doesn't like it.

Typical liberal whacko, thinks that if he gives a bad grade or gets in an argument over a subject with a student, out come the guns. Really...before the law it was OK, they had to go home and get their gun and what, by then they've had some milk and cookies and cooled off, so now they aren't coming for you?? What???

All this just shows what type of Morons academia hides.....if they had to have real jobs, they couldn't make it and would be on public assistance because of stress or some other BS. Total Fruitcakes.

But whatever.....Since there is campus carry there no one's rights are being infringed upon....as it should be. One clown in body armor is not going to change that in Texas.

Last edited:
OP: Edit your original post, go to Advanced, and you can change the thread title.
Done, didn't know how to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

He has a right to peaceful protest.... That right should be supported just as any peaceful right to carry on campus protest.

He also has a right to find another job if he doesn't like it. Typical liberal whacko, thinks that if he gives a bad grade or gets in an argument over a subject with a student....out will come the guns. Moron.

But whatever.....Since there is campus carry there no one's rights are being infringed upon....as it should be. One clown in body armor is not going to change that in Texas.
If he's afraid of armed citizens Texas is not the place for him.

He also has a right to find another job if he doesn't like it.

Typical liberal whacko, thinks that if he gives a bad grade or gets in an argument over a subject with a student, out come the guns. Really...before the law it was OK, they had to go home and get their gun and what, by then they've had some milk and cookies and cooled off, so now they aren't coming for you?? What???

All this just shows what type of Morons academia hides.....if they had to have real jobs, they couldn't make it and would be on public assistance because of stress or some other BS. Total Fruitcakes.

He's projecting because he can't disagree without getting nasty/violent.

Couldn't care less. He can rock on with his bad self. If he cares enough about this to sweat his ass off at a Texas college in the summertime, then rah rah 1A.

But for the cost of the vest and k-pot, shouldn't he have just bought a gun instead?

How the Hell do pussies like this coexist with the general public? Does he not realize there are law-abiding gun owners at the Wal*Mart, Lowe's / Home Depot, Supermarket, church, bars and restaurants, walking down the street or in the park, while driving their cars, or while walking in the woods?

Why should schools be defenseless victim zones?

If he knew how many guns he passed within ten feet of on a daily basis, he'd need to change his drawers due to the mud stains.

How the Hell do pussies like this coexist with the general public? Does he not realize there are law-abiding gun owners at the Wal*Mart, Lowe's / Home Depot, Supermarket, church, bars and restaurants, walking down the street or in the park, while driving their cars, or while walking in the woods?

If he knew how many guns he passed within ten feet of on a daily basis, he'd need to change his drawers due to the mud stains.
That's the problem with the Concealed-Only permits. Until I started carrying I had no clue how many people carry, at lease here in MA and northern states. Of course in other parts of the country it's different. I just read that while 7% of MA residents have their LTC while 0.3% in CA have one.

I deal with people like him all the time .
They really don't function well.
It's got to be tough going through life scared of your own shadow.

Couldn't care less. He can rock on with his bad self. If he cares enough about this to sweat his ass off at a Texas college in the summertime, then rah rah 1A.

But for the cost of the vest and k-pot, shouldn't he have just bought a gun instead?
But he's making a political statement, what a hero. I would ask him if he wears his body armor out in public? Is he this afraid of his fellow Texans in public places? I guess he should never leave his house.

But he's making a political statement, what a hero. I would ask him if he wears his body armor out in public? Is he this afraid of his fellow Texans in public places? I guess he should never leave his house.

A political statement. Like I said, rah rah 1A.

I'm not a believer that college students ought to be snowflaked away from political statements, be they libertarian, liberal, or conservative.

Freedom comes in many flavors, this might be the crazy freedom flavor but it is still a legal lawful protest.

This is 180 degrees from the people who think the "wear an empty holster" is a good idea.

Good luck grampa!

Back
Top Bottom