• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas Open Carry Passes

Are they going to **** it up again and have a rally on the statehouse steps with AR's and AK's slung over
their shoulders while wearing molle gear and having a 3D printed/CNC lower receiver exhibit?

This can't be. I was told that the Texas OC activists were stupid, hurting the "cause", and their actions were only leading to more infringements. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/252103-‘Open-Carry’-Gun-Fight-Moves-to-Target-Stores

It ain't a done deal, because there are two versions a house version and a senate version. That has to be reconciled, then it has to go to the governor to be signed. OC is not constitutional carry like Vermont nor is it like OC on NH. Under either version of the bill you have to have a TX CCW permit to OC a handgun. Don't get too smirky yet Bonsey, ya already got a better deal in NH, TX ain't necessarily what you think it is unless you like Bible Thumpin' Conservative Blue Noses, people that want to return Tx to Mexico or think Austin is a suburb of Cambridge and UT is just the western branch of the Harvard Extension School with a real football team.

It ain't a done deal, because there are two versions a house version and a senate version. That has to be reconciled, then it has to go to the governor to be signed. OC is not constitutional carry like Vermont nor is it like OC on NH. Under either version of the bill you have to have a TX CCW permit to OC a handgun. Don't get too smirky yet Bonsey, ya already got a better deal in NH, TX ain't necessarily what you think it is unless you like Bible Thumpin' Conservative Blue Noses, people that want to return Tx to Mexico or think Austin is a suburb of Cambridge and UT is just the western branch of the Harvard Extension School with a real football team.
Still better than Mass. and do you need a hug?

Agreed, texas still has a ways to go along with some other soutern states. The racist gun laws in the south put in effect by dems are still there. Still need a permit in tx to oc, binding signage, etc. NH is better and working on con carry.

- - - Updated - - -

This can't be. I was told that the Texas OC activists were stupid, hurting the "cause", and their actions were only leading to more infringements.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...‘Open-Carry’-Gun-Fight-Moves-to-Target-Stores

Those tools who posed for pics were not helping. If you carry, fine but don't be a carni act and pose with an AR in coffee shops.

Are we back to my state is better than your state. I just don't care for Bonesy's smirkiness sometimes. Luv the immaturity manifested here. Let's compare dicks instead of states. I luv how quickly NES think devolves.

While you have a ton of knowledge and I do enjoy your posts, you do realize that it's a bit annoying that you, according to your location, pay your taxes to your King in MA while generally shitting on other states attempts at improvements. Right?

I just don't care for Bonesy's smirkiness sometimes. Luv the immaturity manifested here.

[rolleyes]

The point is that these people are coming across as whack jobs and in the end their efforts and hindering and not helping educate the public on 2A rights.

I can see little good coming from their efforts. Are people's attitudes in Texas shifting towards open carry? Is there effective legislation being proposed in the Texas legislature that has a chance of passing as a result of these actions?

pragmatically is this helping or hurting the OC movement? From my perspective it's not helping and Texas only quite recent allowed CCW.

While you have a ton of knowledge and I do enjoy your posts, you do realize that it's a bit annoying that you, according to your location, pay your taxes to your King in MA while generally shitting on other states attempts at improvements. Right?

I choose to live in Mass. My daily life is not affected because frankly I am a pragmatist and I could carry concealed long before the people in Texas could. For the record I lived in Texas, I prefer living here. Maybe I don't like friggin Texas but unlike yourself I can actually base my preferences on my own experiences. How does that annoy you? I don't like Bible Thumpers and I don't like people who want to return Texas to Mexico or make it a new Hispanic Country. I don't like the Texas Open Carry Idiots, I don't like Bonsenium's posts when they are smirky. Now the inconvenient truth is that of the time and date of this writing, there is still no open carry of handguns in Texas, now is there?

Now I support Constitutional Carry and frankly that's the only thing that really interests me these days. Why you are getting your panties in a snit over open carry I'll never understand. When I lived in AZ I OC'd because CCW was not permitted until the 1980's. We wanted concealed carry. I think a lot of you are infected with the forbidden fruit syndrome and have some romanticized notion about open carry. Now if my position annoys you or if I have done the ultimate sin of "outing myself" so be it, but the only states that really have it together these days are the constitutional carry ones: Az, Ak (lived in both states BTW) Vt, and now KS. The rest are oppressive and it is only a matter of degree, sort of being like just a little bit pregnant IMO. You can convince yourself that you are more free or less free, but if you carry a piece of paper in your wallet from your King that gives you permission to carry a firearm then you have limited your freedom either a little like in NH or a lot like in MA, and to say otherwise is only ultimately deluding yourself.

Last edited:
Are we back to my state is better than your state. I just don't care for Bonesy's smirkiness sometimes. Luv the immaturity manifested here. Let's compare dicks instead of states. I luv how quickly NES think devolves.

[rofl] WTFE, you need to relax. Mass is better than NJ.. [smile]

Last edited:
I choose to live in Mass. My daily life is not affected because frankly I am a pragmatist and I could carry concealed long before the people in Texas could. For the record I lived in Texas, I prefer living here. Maybe I don't like friggin Texas but unlike yourself I can actually base my preferences on my own experiences. How does that annoy you? I don't like Bible Thumpers and I don't like people who want to return Texas to Mexico or make it a new Hispanic Country. I don't like the Texas Open Carry Idiots, I don't like Bonsenium's posts when they are smirky. Now the inconvenient truth is that of the time and date of this writing, there is still no open carry of handguns in Texas, now is there?

Now I support Constitutional Carry and frankly that's the only thing that really interests me these days. Why you are getting your panties in a snit over open carry I'll never understand. When I lived in AZ I OC'd because CCW was not permitted until the 1980's. We wanted concealed carry. I think a lot of you are infected with the forbidden fruit syndrome and have some romanticized notion about open carry. Now if my position annoys you or if I have done the ultimate sin of "outing myself" so be it, but the only states that really have it together these days are the constitutional carry ones: Az, Ak (lived in both states BTW) Vt, and now KS. The rest are oppressive and it is only a matter of degree, sort of being like just a little bit pregnant IMO. You can convince yourself that you are more free or less free, but if you carry a piece of paper in your wallet from your King that gives you permission to carry a firearm then you have limited your freedom either a little like in NH or a lot like in MA, and to say otherwise is only ultimately deluding yourself.

Panties are not in a snit. But the fact remains that you voluntarily support a system that, more than most, systematically suppresses individual freedoms. Let's be clear, there are no states that really have their shit together. All states have have bad laws, bad cops, and bad people. Yours is worst than most, so kindly leave the rest of us alone. Thanks.

And for the record, my state does not require that I keep my gd permit in my wallet.

Panties are not in a snit. But the fact remains that you voluntarily support a system that, more than most, systematically suppresses individual freedoms. Let's be clear, there are no states that really have their shit together. All states have have bad laws, bad cops, and bad people. Yours is worst than most, so kindly leave the rest of us alone. Thanks. And for the record, my state does not require that I keep my gd permit in my wallet.

Well given the fact your state issues your "mother may I " on paper less fragile than toilet paper that makes sense, i suppose. I guess my hundred dollars gets me something more substantial when I buy my NH P&R Non Res up 80.00 from what I used to pay.

I don't know if you are a Mass expatriate or not, but the hate is strong and I don't know where the unwritten rule is that if you live in Mass you can't criticize other places. It's irrational really.

In the end intelligent discussion becomes impossible because people allow emotions to override intellect and then judge they judge others based on some kind of purity test based on their own world view of how things should be. I base my observations on experience of actually living in some of the places you wax about. Funny thing you keep talking about NH, the subject was originally TX. NH carried Barak Obama in the last two elections just like Mass, it has a Democratic Governor, Mass doesn't, and 50 percent of its congressional delegation is Democrat. Yep much better gun laws than Mass I will not even debate that, can open carry without a permit, can purchase without a permit, permit P&R License to CCW is May issue de jure whether de facto is moot.

I love how the "Live Free or Die" folks love to stifle free expression. They are the thought police. Point out inconvenient truths that they don't want to hear, and they get all hurt. The best analogy I can come up with was the Warsaw Pact. It was better living in Czechoslovakia than the USSR but it was still the Warsaw Pact. Massachusetts is most definitely the USSR, the best country was believe it or not Yugoslavia no Soviet troops there and some fairly normal relations with the west. So NH is Yugoslavia, Texas is maybe Czechoslovakia, but at the end of the day it was all still the Warsaw Pact. OC, May Issue, Shall Issue are all yesterday's news, if you ideological purists want to get on the bandwagon the mantra of 2015 Amerika is constitutional carry I'll leave your petty squabbles about which state is better than whose state amongst yourselves because frankly it's immature. When every Texan can strap on a pistol and shoulder a long arm like Travis, Bowie, Dickinson and the other stalwart defenders of the Alamo Garrison back in '36 to defend the call of freedom, then something of meaning will have been achieved. Unfettered by a permission slip from the state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed and the fact you will need a license to OC if it is passed is still an infringement. So it comes down to this: to those who accuse me of bowing to the king, remember if you have any type of gun license or permit at all, you are making your bow too. It may not be as deep, but a bow is still a bow, in for a penny, in for a pound doesn't matter unless you live in a Constitutional Carry State you have already sold out, it's only a question of degree, like it or not, an inconvenient truth and an inescapable fact.

Lol, he trolls you guys every time and you fall for it. It's like getting caught by Al Czervik's boat, except it happens over, and over and over again.... [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what the CofP of Cambridge West (Austin) has to say about the Texas Open Carry Law:

Open Season For Armed Criminals and Extremists

"Yesterday's amendment to Texas' Open Carry Legislation is beyond belief and Aiken to open season for gang members, drug cartels, outlaw motor cycle gangs and any other criminal or extremist to defy the law with impunity, just brilliannt! If criminals, drug cartels, and extremists had a seat at the policy writing table they couldn't have come up with s better Amendment.

By prohibiting law enforcement from stopping or detaining to check for CHL, Texas is authorizing within our state lines any and all criminals to carry a firearm. My heart goes out to domestic violence victims and the victims of violent crimes in our State. Through this amendment we are facilitating the victimization of the people we are sworn to serve, protect and lead.

Here is a scenario, next time groups face off in our Capital City at the Capitol, Klan with their hoods on, Panthers with their faces covered, ISIS sympathizers with their faces covered and just about any other extremist group, armed with firearms authorized by Open-Carry, law enforcement will have absolutely no authority to ensure the people who are armed as they wish..........why bother common sense has officially died and writing any further would be fruitless.

-Chief Art Acevedo

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sls46k

Y'all carry safe now...yee haw ! [mg]

Gotta luv Texas cuz it's paradise down there...yup...'cept for Blue Nose Bible Thumpers, La Raza Movement, and Austin Moonbats [rolleyes]

I don't get it. It's still illegal to commit crimes, right (armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, murder)?

The Austin chief saying that Open Carry (ie, Freedom) is making his job harder because it's common sense not to let anyone Open Carry because it's easier for them to POSSIBLY commit a crime, might as well be saying that all guns should be banned and confiscated for the same reason.

This is what the CofP of Cambridge West (Austin) has to say about the Texas Open Carry Law:

"Yesterday's amendment to Texas' Open Carry Legislation is beyond belief and Aiken to open season for gang members, drug cartels, outlaw motor cycle gangs and any other criminal or extremist to defy the law with impunity, just brilliannt! If criminals, drug cartels, and extremists had a seat at the policy writing table they couldn't have come up with s better Amendment.

By prohibiting law enforcement from stopping or detaining to check for CHL, Texas is authorizing within our state lines any and all criminals to carry a firearm. My heart goes out to domestic violence victims and the victims of violent crimes in our State. Through this amendment we are facilitating the victimization of the people we are sworn to serve, protect and lead.

Here is a scenario, next time groups face off in our Capital City at the Capitol, Klan with their hoods on, Panthers with their faces covered, ISIS sympathizers with their faces covered and just about any other extremist group, armed with firearms authorized by Open-Carry, law enforcement will have absolutely no authority to ensure the people who are armed as they wish..........why bother common sense has officially died and writing any further would be fruitless.

-Chief Art Acevedo

Gotta luv Texas cuz it's paradise down there...yup...'cept for Blue Nose Bible Thumpers, La Raza Movement, and Austin Moonbats [rolleyes]

That guy needs a drink... it's ok... it's not the end of the world... you can come out of your mom's basement.

Didn't Greg Abbott say that between an OC bill and a constitutional carry bill, he'd sign whichever one made it to his desk first? Achieving OC sounds like the worse outcome for Texas, since they could've pushed for Vermont carry.

-Chief Art Acevedo

They imported the Austin chief from the gun control paradise of California. He was with the CA highway patrol for 20 yrs. Sounds like a nitwit. Oh and he's being investigated for ethics violations too.

Chicken littles like this with the sky is falling lies help us constantly, so I appreciate them. They try to gin up the fear with blood in the street claims, it never happens and their personal credibility and the anti movements cred dip lower and lower.

Last edited:
Typical progressive. Like the criminals dont already carry firearms illegally. Stupid is as stupid does... And these small minded people are completely inept when it comes to controlling crime. "If we only had more laws and spent more money we could do it!"

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Wow, what a surprise to find out that chief is from Commiefornia![laugh] I knew it had to be from there, or MA! There will be blood in the streets![rofl]

It is not about fighting crime, but maintaining control of the subjects in the fiefdom.

Progressives are the kids from school who had no skills, talent, or innate inspirational leadership qualities but were loud-mouthed enough to demand to be in charge, so were given roles (like student director of the school play) that were pointless, but allowed them to be "in charge".

Now, these kids are progressive politicians and beaureaucrats, and have the meat-heads as their Jack booted thugs, and can't stand that anyone would question their authority.

-Chief Art Acevedo

Ya, I'm pretty sure all the above mentioned groups have all the guns they want already, with or without the new law.
They couldn't find anyone that was actually from Texas for the Chief's job ?

Back
Top Bottom