Texas man shoots robber at home cookout

From the story;
"The 25-year-old man who shot the robbery suspect was released after an interview with detectives."

Good.

"The case is being referred to a Dallas County grand jury"

Not good............

BBQ at midnight? Jack.

Depends when they started. If you start cooking at 8am, you might not get fed until 9pm or later. I've vacillated between starting cooks at 11pm the night before (and worrying all night about the temps even though I've got a good thermometer) and getting up at o'dark'thirty to start so we can eat on time. The older I get, the smarter it is to get up at 4am. I can nap on teh couch for a few hours while things get moving. :)

Its to hot in the day to stand grill side,

In January? Maybe too chilly to sit around outside at night this time of year.

From the story;
"The 25-year-old man who shot the robbery suspect was released after an interview with detectives."

Good.

"The case is being referred to a Dallas County grand jury"

Not good............
This doesn't mean he'll be charged with a crime. Not being a lawyer I suspect this SOP in Texas on self defense shootings. The DA can decline to proceed with a GJ investigation.

Mine often go past midnight.
During my days as a "deck ape" (mate) on the charter boats in Mobile Bay and the Gulf, my work continued long after our clients returned home. We were the first to arrive at the boats and the last to leave. Plenty of cleaning and maintenance to do. Unwinding with a BBQ and plenty of cold beers after a long day took us to midnight and beyond!

Back
Top Bottom